• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Proposed Alabama law requires men undergo vasectomy after their 50th birthday

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Silly Democrats.

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/nation-world/proposed-alabama-law-would-require-men-undergo-vasectomy-on-their-50th-birthday

by JACK HELEAN | WBMA Staff

Thursday, February 13th 2020

<p>FILE: Proposed Alabama law requires men undergo vasectomy after their 50th birthday (Photo: MGN / Image Id: 135343){/p}

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WBMA) -- A proposed Alabama law would require all men to undergo a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or after the birth of their third child, whichever comes first.

HB-238 was authored by Rep. Rolanda Hollis (D-Birmingham) and would not only require all men over 50 to receive a vasectomy but it would also require them pay for the procedure out of their own pockets.

The only part of the proposed bill that gives a reasoning behind it is, "Under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men."

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
The people in Alabama, somewhere around Birmingham, are paying this moron with their hard earned tax dollars to come up with this. This is a special kind of stupid.

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The only part of the proposed bill that gives a reasoning behind it is, "Under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men."

There are no reproductive restrictions on women either. If anything there should be a limit on how many children people can claim for welfare.

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Yep. Add on "if you receive government assistance" to the end of this bill, make it for both men & women, and lower the age to 30 and they might just have something.

VThillman

Geezer
Neighbor
Yep. Add on "if you receive government assistance" to the end of this bill, make it for both men & women, and lower the age to 30 and they might just have something.
Even that needs a hearing to determine the presence/absence of 'special circumstances'.

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Even that needs a hearing to determine the presence/absence of 'special circumstances'.
This involves the gov't. Special hearings, oversight committees, case managers, special investigators, and lots and lots of wasted taxpayer dollars.

Supervisor42

Formerly known as Supervisor42
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
What's the point ?

Don't sex end for all men at 50 anyway?
:dunno:

:popcorn:

Jim
Um, no.:cool:
My brother fathered his daughter at age 61.
Since the rise of 'V-stuff' there is no sunset anymore:eek:.

*May cause heart-attack or cyanopsia (seeing everything tinted blue), but we don't care.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
What's the point ?

Don't sex end for all men at 50 anyway?
:dunno:

:popcorn:

Jim
Not if they can help it. My friends came to the realization that things were not what they used to be when he was a little younger. He talked about buying some blue pills. She told him he should go shopping for a new wife as well if he did that. He didn't.

VThillman

Geezer
Neighbor
Not if they can help it. My friends came to the realization that things were not what they used to be when he was a little younger. He talked about buying some blue pills. She told him he should go shopping for a new wife as well if he did that. He didn't.
I'm sure he only thought of it with her comfort in mind. :ghostly:

Supervisor42

Neighbor
HCL Supporter
That may be a bit harsh:(.
I don't quote poetry, but Dylan Thomas rings thru my mind:
https://poets.org/poem/do-not-go-gentle-good-night
"Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Supervisor42

Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Back on topic:
You have to ask yourself, who do you think could provide a better upbringing for a child?
1. A young guy struggling to make ends meet, making $15 per hour and living on credit-cards or
2. An active older guy that has raised 2 successful sons into their 40's and has over a million in his retirement portfolio?

Supervisor42

Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Here is this wackadoo in all her glory... I've seen her on the news before promoting idiocy...
On the other hand she's on the poster for supporting vasectomy's. Her name is Rolanda Hollis.
View attachment 34935
Trust me! There are no vasectomies needed to protect her!:LOL:

Last edited:

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Here is this wackadoo in all her glory... I've seen her on the news before promoting idiocy...

On the other hand she's on the poster for supporting vasectomy's. Her name is Rolanda Hollis.

View attachment 34935
Erectile dysfunction ads always say to call a Doctor if your erection lasts longer than 4 hours. I am confident all that do in that situation is show the guy that picture. Problem solved.

Latest posts

Group Builder