Protein balls

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Spikedriver beefsticks and peanuts is the staple food in the shop...plus some beer. LOL
Beer is the one thing I generally stay away from. I love beer, but of course it doesn't love me. I always have some around but rarely drink it. I think there's beer in my fridge that's old enough to get a driver's license...

Beer is the one thing I generally stay away from. I love beer, but of course it doesn't love me. I always have some around but rarely drink it. I think there's beer in my fridge that's old enough to get a driver's license...
I hate the taste of beer, have tried it several times but I just can't stomach it. I would rather have a hard cider or chilled white wine/rose for something refreshing. Now, I pretty much stay away from any alcohol, I can't handle it at all.

Celiac? Gluten allergy?
Both most likely, that or Candidiasis, a bud of mine calls it "Industrial disease" he might be right, when I can afford natural stuff, it barely bugs me,
after a couple of days of prepackaged crap, I'm in agony.

I hate the taste of beer, have tried it several times but I just can't stomach it. I would rather have a hard cider or chilled white wine/rose for something refreshing. Now, I pretty much stay away from any alcohol, I can't handle it at all.
To quote Ben Franklin -

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".

I really really like beer. I also really like to get drunk. If I wasn't diabetic I'd probably have about 5 failed rehabs. Oh well. Life is still good without booze...

I like European beers, Domestic is pretty much used beer to me except a few of the micro brews and the rice based ones,
Canadian brew isn't bad, but I haven't seen a Molsen in ages. Lately I've been drinking white claw, its pretty much just seltzer with
a shot of alcohol. About the only American beers I like are actually ales and larger, namely Rolling rock and Mickey's, with a little
kings when I can find it! good steak beer!

Attachments

• 396430.littlekingsbeer.jpg
    396430.littlekingsbeer.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1
Both most likely, that or Candidiasis, a bud of mine calls it "Industrial disease" he might be right, when I can afford natural stuff, it barely bugs me,
You can have your blood tested for celiac. Maybe you already know that. This was how my daughter was ultimately diagnosed. She had 60 some antigens against gluten, while the typical person has 3 or 4.

Sounds like my situation - my doctor explained that the candida eats holes in my intestines and then gluten and dairy proteins will pass through partially digested and turn into opiate-like proteins in the blood stream. Problem is I only get 5% of the high (mainly just a foggy head) but get 50% of the withdrawal (headache, nausea, etc.) - Dr. said the blood test wouldn't show this kind of celiac issue - that a intestine biopsy was needed. I passed on that since I already knew that wheat messed me up... Along with MSG, certain preservatives and fillers. I'm right there with you on the pre-packaged stuff, it's agony to eat it.

Also most oats are actually gluten free, but they are normally transported in the same trucks & processing lines with wheat so there's lots of cross-contamination between them. I've had good success eating oats labeled gluten free, which are usually just handled separately from wheat...

I genuinely like beer, but I will admit it is an acquired taste. I know, that is a living oxymoron. If something tastes bad why do you keep tasting it until it tastes good? We don't drink a tenth of what we used to, but back in the day a 25 piece patio set was a lawn chair and a case of beer. We contributed significantly to the success of Anheuser Bush.

I still enjoy it, but one or two will suffice.

To quote Ben Franklin -

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".

I really really like beer. I also really like to get drunk. If I wasn't diabetic I'd probably have about 5 failed rehabs. Oh well. Life is still good without booze...

I have a sweatshirt that has that quote but Alex took it over.

beer.jpg

@Spikedriver prob a good thing you are diabetic then! Not that I would wish that on anyone, but I’ve seen what happens to end stage alcoholics and it’s not pretty 🥴
My granny (born in Toronto) used to bring small cans of Olympia beer and give them to us kids when she would babysit us. I’m sure now that would be considered child abuse!

@Spikedriver prob a good thing you are diabetic then! Not that I would wish that on anyone, but I’ve seen what happens to end stage alcoholics and it’s not pretty 🥴
My granny (born in Toronto) used to bring small cans of Olympia beer and give them to us kids when she would babysit us. I’m sure now that would be considered child abuse!
Probably! It probably helped put the children to sleep as well!

Oh yeah! She wanted nothing to do with us. 🤣
Story told to me by my grandmother, her sisters, and nieces: Great grandma, born in Bohemia, now Czechia, like most Bohemian women, raised poppies for her poppy seed kolaches. When she had a fussy baby, she would break off a flower stem and put it into the babies mouth !!!! Those poppies are now largely illegal in the U.S.

Story told to me by my grandmother, her sisters, and nieces: Great grandma, born in Bohemia, now Czechia, like most Bohemian women, raised poppies for her poppy seed kolaches. When she had a fussy baby, she would break off a flower stem and put it into the babies mouth !!!! Those poppies are now largely illegal in the U.S.
Can you imagine all the outrage of that were to happen in todays society?!
I mean there are crazy people like that grandma who made her 4 year old drink a ton of alcohol and her BAC was crazy high and the girl died, but to give a kid some sips so they calm down … seems like a great grandma trick 🤣

BOT, I'm thinking:
Natural peanut butter mixed 2/1 with sunflower seeds and a dab of brewers yeast rolled into a nugget and coated in graham cracker crumbs
and given a zap of brown sugar and cinnamon. lightly sprayed with butter flavor Pam and put into wax paper pouches.

Well Hash she looks better in it and is less likely to wreck it doing Hillbilly stuff
I asked The Princess "What should I wear?" ( I told her to make an entry in her journal noting I said that).

She pointed out that if I wear bib overalls it doesn't matter what T-shirt I wear.

So that leaves me with figuring what signs I could being.

Lock her up

U S A

We love Trump

Let's go Brandon

What other chants are appropriate?

Ben

I like granola bars & peanut butter, but just gave me a porterhouse.

Latest posts

Back