Protein Powder

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't use any kind of powder.
Don't store any powder ,but I do store some tasty protein bars.
I do keep Muscle milk on hand also.

Both are good in storage for a t least a year.

The Nut Crunch bars are 30 g
The One bars are 20 g
The Muscle Milk is 40 g
IMG_20191118_131434337-1228x1637.jpg

Jim

Last edited:
Does anyone here have protein powder on their list for end times supplies?
Does anyone here add it now when baking?
I did add it to my supply list to be ordered if/when end times looks immanent.
I have had it a few times in smoothies, but there are several other things I add to my smoothies. I see that it does not have a long shelf life. When I make smoothies, they are usually green, made with greens, berries and other supplemental nutrients such as tumeric, ground flax seed, etc. I keep all of these things in a bin with a measurement amount on the lid. I pull out the bin and can go down the nutrients and add them. I suppose I could add protein powder, but not sure that I need it now. Maybe later in a SHTF situation it would be a good thing to add.

I have had zero experience or interest in protein powder - until today. I happened to think about it and maybe it being a good prep item. Poor shelf life has really cooled my interest. Maybe okay for a last minute addition.
Thanks everyone for the replies! :)
Yes I have plenty of LTS eggs! And we get eggs from the neighbor.

This is as close as I get. 4 grams of protein per 2 tbsp. Most protein powders contain milk or whey, which does not interest me in the least.

View attachment 29719
Powdered eggs have long been known to be undesirable. I believe anyone who was a Boy Scout years ago remembers having them during camping trips. My thought has been that they would be good for adding to baked goods, but maybe to smoothies as well.

Powdered eggs have long been known to be undesirable. I believe anyone who was a Boy Scout years ago remembers having them during camping trips. My thought has been that they would be good for adding to baked goods, but maybe to smoothies as well.

There's been a huge improvement in powdered eggs. I use the Augason farms scrambled eggs all the time during the slow laying season of winter. I use the Whole Egg Powder for baking.

There's been a huge improvement in powdered eggs. I use the Augason farms scrambled eggs all the time during the slow laying season of winter. I use the Whole Egg Powder for baking.

What is the Augason Farms scrambled eggs like and how do you get them edible? (I never bought any yet.)

What is the Augason Farms scrambled eggs like and how do you get them edible? (I never bought any yet.)

They are halfway between making regular scrambled eggs from fresh and having some powdered eggs slapped on a tray in the Army. Maybe a bit closer to the former than the latter. I buy the 10# cans when they are on sale because my prepping belief is that even the worlds crappiest dehydrated eggs are like farm fresh deliciousness if you are hungry enough. I buy tons of Augason Farms dehydrated products. I think they are one of the best brands when comparing price, quality, and longevity.

I buy them because I am lazy and they are available at Walmart who will ship them free right to my house.
I wonder if any of the Walmart stores has them stocked? I once heard that a store in my area had food storage items stocked. I drove there, not close to home, and they had none. Ordering and having it delivered is an option but sometimes being able to walk in and walk out with what you want is also a good option.

I've tried several different brands of dry food products.

The only one you will find in my storage is Augason.

Many breakfast buffets in our are use powdered scrambped eggs , because they hold up better , suiting for hours, than regular eggs.
That's why we don't do breakfast buffets.

In a starvation situation , I believe I would find them delicious.

Jim

I wonder if any of the Walmart stores has them stocked? I once heard that a store in my area had food storage items stocked. I drove there, not close to home, and they had none. Ordering and having it delivered is an option but sometimes being able to walk in and walk out with what you want is also a good option.
All of the Walmarts in our general area stock at least some. I usually just buy online though because it is easier.

Well, all y'all have made an Augason Farms convert out of me! Going to get some, for sure. Thanks!

Well, all y'all have made an Augason Farms convert out of me! Going to get some, for sure. Thanks!
In the trying times we face I am happy to be here where all of us honestly try to help each other.

This place is where I learned about Augason products , along with many other things.

Thanks

Jim

The very first thing I did as a semi-ignorant prepper was to buy a couple Augason Farms 30-Day survival buckets. Then 2 more, then 2 more, then 2 more... Now I could build a house out of them.

This place is where I learned about Augason products , along with many other things.

Thanks

Jim
I have often wondered about the stuff that gets posted and what impact it has had. How helpful has it been for others? Some people never post. Maybe it is a place to learn for some, but not to share. Maybe that is because of OPSEC? I remember when I was a newbie to food storage. I asked questions, but had little to offer.

When I joined Prepared Society I thought I was doing great, didn't take long for me to realize perhaps I wasn't. My biggest weakness was water, something I still work on to this day. Beyond that I still garner new thoughts and ideas from this forum all the time.

When I joined Prepared Society I thought I was doing great, didn't take long for me to realize perhaps I wasn't. My biggest weakness was water, something I still work on to this day. Beyond that I still garner new thoughts and ideas from this forum all the time.
Same here. I have learned a lot from others there and here. I also continue to research and think about how to be better prepared. I think about water storage EVERY day. I am in better shape, but would love to have 1000's of gallons of water stored somewhere.

I thought I started a thread here "Levels of Preparedness." I know I started it at PS, but thought I had here as well. I would like to look at the comments and continue to advance my level of preparedness. I cannot find it. I have searched and searched here in all kinds of ways. Should I start another thread about it?

Same here. I have learned a lot from others there and here. I also continue to research and think about how to be better prepared. I think about water storage EVERY day. I am in better shape, but would love to have 1000's of gallons of water stored somewhere.

I thought I started a thread here "Levels of Preparedness." I know I started it at PS, but thought I had here as well. I would like to look at the comments and continue to advance my level of preparedness. I cannot find it. I have searched and searched here in all kinds of ways. Should I start another thread about it?

I think you should.

Mix them with water and cook the up. They are not home laid eggs but I'd compare them to restaurant eggs. Nothing like the green egg stuff my grand pa used to complain about from the army.

Don't feel bad, Sentry. I have some buckets, too. Not enough to build a house with though. I'm more skeptical about what's really in them after the Wise incident. I have some powdered egg product I thought I'd use for baking. Found a bunch of it at the Amish/Menno discount store.

Latest posts

Back