Put 10,000 Horsepower In A Small Boat and This Is What Happens

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Meer

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Nov 10, 2018

The quickest accelerating boats on the planet. Top Fuel Drag Boats accelerate from 0 - 270 miles per hour (430 kilometres per hour) in just 3.5 seconds. They use a supercharged V8 engine running on nitro-methane fuel and produce 10,000 horsepower. The amazing photo of the red boat, Toxic Rocket, in the thumbnail was taken by Mark Sharley Photography.

Mar 27, 2019

12 Fastest Boats In The World

How many of you could say for sure which is the world’s fastest boat? Making a very fast boat is arguably even harder than making a fast car; you have the water and weather to worry about, and all the technology required to increase speed while keeping the ship afloat. The people who make them should get more recognition! Here are the fastest boats in the world!

Jul 18, 2019

Sights & Sounds: Oberto hydroplane testing on Lake Washington

Miss Madison Racing's 2007 hull testing in Seattle for the first time under new sponsorship from Oberto Specialty Meats. Veteran driver Jeff Bernard pilots the hull for the first time as they prepare to compete in H1's west coast races.

Aug 16, 2020

15 Fastest Boats In The World

Sometimes you might want to take a dawdling leisurely cruise across the water. But other times? Other times you want to zip along as fast as you can, ripping those waves up, as the breeze TEARS through your hair. And, if you are going to do that, you are going to need the fasted boat that money can buy. Well if you are in the market for such a thing, you’ve come to the right place. Let us introduce you to some of the speediest little boats available. These are the fastest boats in the world!

Back in the day I considered myself quite good at water skiing. I envision my arms a half mile down the lake before I realized I hadn't moved an inch if I was behind one of those. That lake was glassy, so my thoughts did wander there.

On the right snow, in the right conditions, and when it operates perfectly, I can get my snow machine from zero to about 60 in about 3.5 seconds. But zero to 270 in 3.5 seconds, that must be a real thrill for the young and bold.

Back in the day I considered myself quite good at water skiing. I envision my arms a half mile down the lake before I realized I hadn't moved an inch if I was behind one of those. That lake was glassy, so my thoughts did wander there.

On the right snow, in the right conditions, and when it operates perfectly, I can get my snow machine from zero to about 60 in about 3.5 seconds. But zero to 270 in 3.5 seconds, that must be a real thrill for the young and bold.

That's some kinda fast boats, isn't it? I too, loved to water ski, use to slalom ski behind bass boats, at 60 mph and boston whalers with two 235 Johnsons. Thought those were fast.:rolleyes:
That's some kinda quick snowmobile, you have there.👍

I could touch my shoulder on either side on a slalom, you couldn't see me almost for the water. But we practiced everyday, from dark to dark, all summer. :)

Aug 23, 2019

Waterski World Championships Men's Slalom Final

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2016

Sizzling Pro Ladies Slalom Final

The top 12 women slalom skiers head to head in boca laguna lake battling for the world championship title. It's hot, the competition is fierce. What's not like about any of the above.

Oh yeah, that'd be a fun ride.

I used to go to boat races at some lakes around here. But they ran lap on a course instead of drags. I love it.

The videos above have some awesome boats in them. A lot of these, are on lakes . 👍 One video is laps . 🙂

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2015

Massive Rooster Tail and Drag Boat Launch

Drag boat launches and makes 200 foot rooster tail as it speeds down lake.

Apr 5, 2016

Problem Child Speed Sports Special TFH qualifying

2016 Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series Spring Nationals in Chandler AZ. The Problem Child made a clean pass and Speed Sports Special got up and went over backwards destroying the boat. Driver Jarrett Silvey was beat up but doing Okay after the crash.

Jun 25, 2012

The Greatest Show On Water: Top Fuel Hydros (HD)

Top Fuel Hydros - the baddest machines to ever hit the liquid quarter mile.

Feb 16, 2010

Toxic Rocket TFH vs Problem Child

Problem Child and Toxic Rocket in a Saturday qualifying pass at the World Finals.

Sep 3, 2011

Worlds Fastest Boat! "Problem Child" 261.33mph

Tapped at Lakefest in Marble Falls Texas More about Lakefest

Sep 9, 2013

Liquid Nitro

Special thanks to the Top Fuel teams for their hard work to put on such a magnificent display of raw power and speed.

Jan 29, 2013

Boat - Quickest and fastest boat in the world!

The Problem Child Top Fuel Hydro Drag Boat team with Daryl Ehrlich behind the wheel. This was the quickest pass ever recorded at 253.46 MPH in 3.368 seconds to 1000' at Mission Bay in San Diego, CA on 9/15/12

Not into speed since our fast cars days and never was into fast boats.But some of these boats do look 'exciting' long as I'm at the helm.:)MrMeer was great on ski,not me I'd fall backward or forward same with snow.But I was a better ball player.:thumbs:

Oct 22, 2014

Boat Drag Race - BREAKS Speed Record - Awesomeness

While at Lake Havasu, these dragsters take their boats and race on the water! When they take off, they create a wall of water down the race line!

Jun 30, 2019

2019 Guntersville Hydrofest Final Heat

Live coverage of the 2019 Guntersville Hydrofest and the Race for the Southern Cup. Racing concludes with the Championship Final Heat. (Subject to change based on course conditions and weather.)

Back