Pvc feeder

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmissy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Anyone use a pvc pipe with an elbow as a feeder. I want to get my feed out of the coop. Thought i could hook one of those up on the outside of the coop and then cap it each night. I have a chipmunk going into the coop now so i want it out. I can take of that bugger but i am sure there is more of his family around.

Anyone use a pvc pipe with an elbow as a feeder. I want to get my feed out of the coop. Thought i could hook one of those up on the outside of the coop and then cap it each night. I have a chipmunk going into the coop now so i want it out. I can take of that bugger but i am sure there is more of his family around.
I've never even heard of the PVC feeder :rolleyes: Will be curious what others have to say about it. How old are your peeps? Full grown?

Never used one, but there are plans all over the internet. My coops are rodent/predator proof (so far, and it's been 8+ years.) so there has been no need.

1619828647186.png

Kelly Kern

If anyone has chickens, I built this feeder years ago and LOVE it! It’s 4 inch PVC 90s facing downward into this trashcan. I can dump two 50lb bags of feed and leave it for weeks. It is my easiest chicken tool and saves tons of feed because they can’t scratch and throw it
🥰
Works for ducks and turkeys too!

Kelly Kern

If anyone has chickens, I built this feeder years ago and LOVE it! It’s 4 inch PVC 90s facing downward into this trashcan. I can dump two 50lb bags of feed and leave it for weeks. It is my easiest chicken tool and saves tons of feed because they can’t scratch and throw it
🥰
Works for ducks and turkeys too!

Thats neat Granny.:thumbs:

I made one, the bottom pipe coming from the elbow I cut out a trough. It let us pour the food down the pipe and put a cap on. You can see it in the background in this picture. We were having problems with the store bought feeder getting wet wet whenever it rained and the pellets molding. So far this PVC one has worked great. I also made a PVC waterer by attaching some of the self filling cups to a 4 inch PVC capped on both ends.

chickens1.jpg
icture

I made one, the bottom pipe coming from the elbow I cut out a trough. It let us pour the food down the pipe and put a cap on. You can see it in the background in this picture. We were having problems with the store bought feeder getting wet wet whenever it rained and the pellets molding. So far this PVC one has worked great. I also made a PVC waterer by attaching some of the self filling cups to a 4 inch PVC capped on both ends.

View attachment 75248icture
That's a great idea! And WELCOME to the forum😊

Latest posts

Back