Python swallows Indonesian woman.....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The Lazy L,
Pythons sneak up on you using their tippy toes. :)
Once they bite you they give you a big hug so they can find your head and then they start working on getting all of you into their gullet.
It is actually pretty interesting to watch the process of a constrictor feeding. (from a distance)

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/08/130806-python-strangles-kids-canada-snakes/

"In addition to strangling their prey, do constrictors also bite?

When pythons and boas are killing prey, they use a kind of ambush technique in which they'll jump out at you and strike at you and grab you with their teeth. They'll seize the prey item with their teeth and simultaneously wrap their coil around it and squeeze. And when the victim exhales, that's the time they squeeze a little bit harder to the point where you can't really get a breath anymore."

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/08/130806-python-strangles-kids-canada-snakes/

"In addition to strangling their prey, do constrictors also bite?

When pythons and boas are killing prey, they use a kind of ambush technique in which they'll jump out at you and strike at you and grab you with their teeth. They'll seize the prey item with their teeth and simultaneously wrap their coil around it and squeeze. And when the victim exhales, that's the time they squeeze a little bit harder to the point where you can't really get a breath anymore."
That makes sense.

How does a python sneak up on you? Python had to start swallowing at her head. Not implying impossible but I'm not grasping how.

I'm with you....how sneaky can a 23 foot snake be? And the wrap-around is what kills the person, but that takes time. My guess is she was sitting down taking a break, didn't have the machete in her hand and the snake pinned her arms before she could get to it.

That snake didn't get to be 23' long without being sneaky. Predators use stealth and surprise. Within their own distance they use speed. Strength or poison is employed for the coup. I used to think of a bear as a slow lumbering brute, then I saw one move. Bears are really fast when they want to be. I wonder how far a 23' snake could strike. Some snakes have been known to attack by falling from trees.

I'm with you....how sneaky can a 23 foot snake be? And the wrap-around is what kills the person, but that takes time. My guess is she was sitting down taking a break, didn't have the machete in her hand and the snake pinned her arms before she could get to it.

How can a herd of antelope to hide in an open pasture? They blend in and use the vegetation to hide.

I gather a Python will clamp onto it's victim with its fangs and then coil and squeeze. She was siting down and the snake came up behind her...drop from a tree limb...or ambushed her when she walked too close...dropped the machete when panicked/surprised or...? At least she was dead before she was eaten.

Cut and Paste from the Internet:

How fast do snakes move?
It depends on which snakes your referring to, cobras, pythons, boa constrictors, rattlesnakes, and vipers all move at a rate of 3-7 mph. But the Black Mamba can move at 20 kmph or 8 mph, which in the snake world is super fast.

I thought about the fact that there had to be lots of videos, but I don't want to watch any and think it would be best not to post any. If someone is interested, they can find them.

that's the reason I won't post those videos here. some are quite disturbing and I can handle a lot.

Not too many 'good' ways to die. Knew one man who had a great death, he said I don't feel good grabbed his chest and that was it. gone in a minute.
I don't like the way snakes and cats play with their prey before eating them. I don't like snakes but do like cats.

Florida is now under attack of the pythons anacondas.
Rumor has it some are even up here in north Fl.. I see one of those we will definately kill the heck out of it. Although we don't kill any snakes from here unless it gets pushy.
These pythons have no natural prediter's so they are taking over Florida and moving to other places in the south.

Latest posts

Back