Question on increasing font and bold menu bar, tabs, drop downs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
i got a new laptop to replace my dying one. this new one is windows 10. ive gone thru the steps to set my font type and size for everything. i use firefox as browser and went thru their steps too.
but i cant find how to bold the text for menu bar, tabs, drop down menus.

my last 'puter was windows 7 and it took me a good 2 weeks to set things up by searching and trying differetn things.

ive done about:config and altered the layout.css.dev.PixelsPxPer (whatever it is called) and that increased fonts too and make things bigger but i cant make things bold.

very poor vision, legally blind, i need BOLD

ive searched all over tghe place, any ideas id appreciate it.

also---i finally got thunderbird downloaded and hooked up with my webmail----on old laptop i was able to increase size of all thuynderbird to make it seaier to see and read. ive searched everything i could , tried recommended tips and nothing has worked. ive tried some downloads for fonts for it but it didnt work. i tried hitting control + and control and rolling mmouse wheel to try to zoom--nothing happens.

i might just dump thunderbird, im getting frustrated. i was able to figure out how to make the changes for windows 7. i saved all my notes and steps i did for all those changes but nothing is working. windows 10 is not fun.

if anyone has suggestions to make menu-tab-dropdown texts BOLD, i i can live with the rest.

thanks in advance

i got a new laptop to replace my dying one. this new one is windows 10. ive gone thru the steps to set my font type and size for everything. i use firefox as browser and went thru their steps too.
but i cant find how to bold the text for menu bar, tabs, drop down menus.

my last 'puter was windows 7 and it took me a good 2 weeks to set things up by searching and trying differetn things.

ive done about:config and altered the layout.css.dev.PixelsPxPer (whatever it is called) and that increased fonts too and make things bigger but i cant make things bold.

very poor vision, legally blind, i need BOLD

ive searched all over tghe place, any ideas id appreciate it.

also---i finally got thunderbird downloaded and hooked up with my webmail----on old laptop i was able to increase size of all thuynderbird to make it seaier to see and read. ive searched everything i could , tried recommended tips and nothing has worked. ive tried some downloads for fonts for it but it didnt work. i tried hitting control + and control and rolling mmouse wheel to try to zoom--nothing happens.

i might just dump thunderbird, im getting frustrated. i was able to figure out how to make the changes for windows 7. i saved all my notes and steps i did for all those changes but nothing is working. windows 10 is not fun.

if anyone has suggestions to make menu-tab-dropdown texts BOLD, i i can live with the rest.

thanks in advance
I think you are fighting a losing battle.
If you go to another website, you are right back to square one anyway ☹.
The world is run by young people that have no problem reading the tiny print on medicine bottles:mad:.
My $129 solution:
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-R240HY-bidx-23-8-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B0148NNKTC/ref=dp_fod_3?pd_rd_i=B0148NNKTC&psc=1
Plug one of those into the laptop and read everything!

Right-click on the desktop, select personalize, then select font, then select the font want, then you can change the size up to 24.

thannks. i ve done that and use the 24 font to manage regular pages but i need bold for menu bar, tabs, drop down menus like bookmarks. even with 24 pt font im using big bug magnifying glasses and have to hold up a 5X magnifier when zoom doesnt work like in thunderbird.

i see parts of words and letter, never see the whole thing and end up guessing, lol. sometimes i guess wrong and embarrass myself ha!

someone must have said a few prayers for me for a real miracle happened.

the other night i was going thru the changes ive done for font and such to see if i missed something, accidently changed background color for bars, etc , got frustrated and decided to take a break--so i grabbed a klondike bar and went to watch some Monk reruns.
about an hour later went back to my room and sat down.

the font was changed to extra large!
i did not touch font or points or text alterations, or ,maybe something i did prior finally kicked in---or God felt sorry for me, got tired of hearing me pester Him with prayers for help and just changed the font for me.

i still need it bold, but what i got now i can work with--i can see the menu bar texttab text and address bar text AND the text in drop down, bookmarks is alos larger.

im asking the Lord for a miracle of Bold font

God is good all the time this really was a miracle

thanks to all

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back