QUICKEST TRACTOR IN THE WORLD - 1/4 Mile 11.92 @ 108mph

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Meer

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
This is really something.

Danny Key in his Wheel Horse Garden Tractor lined up against Freddie Ringlet (I think) in his Roper Garden Tractor, for what may be the first ever heads up tractor race!! Danny's tractor is fitted with a Honda cbr1000 engine, out of a 1990's bike. It has straight through pipes, and bell mouths on the carbs. The timing has also been advanced to enable it to run on VP race fuel. Danny said 'it is a little down on compression, and he is just waiting on it going bang, before he can start on a rebuild'. The other tractor, I have no info on as yet. (any info appreciated) Danny won both races with an 12.53 @ 107mph v 14.8 @ 90mph. and an 11.92 @ 108mph v 14.34 @ 92mph. He has run down into the low 11's before @ 114mph, but with cold track conditions and being down on power, this was not a bad run. Hope to see him out again next year, running on Renegade Race Fuel and sponsored by Jeff Ludgate.

This is really something.

Danny Key in his Wheel Horse Garden Tractor lined up against Freddie Ringlet (I think) in his Roper Garden Tractor, for what may be the first ever heads up tractor race!! Danny's tractor is fitted with a Honda cbr1000 engine, out of a 1990's bike. It has straight through pipes, and bell mouths on the carbs. The timing has also been advanced to enable it to run on VP race fuel. Danny said 'it is a little down on compression, and he is just waiting on it going bang, before he can start on a rebuild'. The other tractor, I have no info on as yet. (any info appreciated) Danny won both races with an 12.53 @ 107mph v 14.8 @ 90mph. and an 11.92 @ 108mph v 14.34 @ 92mph. He has run down into the low 11's before @ 114mph, but with cold track conditions and being down on power, this was not a bad run. Hope to see him out again next year, running on Renegade Race Fuel and sponsored by Jeff Ludgate.
Just when I thought I had wasted my life building ridiculous machines, they save the day with that video.
I'm not talking about the souped-up lawn tractors, those are ok.
Anybody notice the monster wind turbine at the end of the video?:LOL:

Just when I thought I had wasted my life building ridiculous machines, they save the day with that video.
I'm not talking about the souped-up lawn tractors, those are ok.
Anybody notice the monster wind turbine at the end of the video?:LOL:

Good eye, SuperV. 👍

Good eye, SuperV. 👍
Well, when you piss away a million dollar$ of other people's money, with no chance of breaking even, ...you should at least be able to have fun racing it :(.

You right, but I've got to where nothing much surprises me anymore. I think 2020, got to me.:ghostly:

Watch "the old boys".
I worked on several JD model-R's back in the day.
They were monsters of torque.
2 cylinders with 8-1/2" pistons. They didn't sound sweet. But they were chocked full of iron! :oops:
And they could pull,.... the truth out of Nancy Pelosi:oops:.
Full-pull!

Watch "the old boys".
2 cylinders with 8-1/2" pistons. They didn't sound sweet. But they were chocked full of iron! :oops:
Full-pull!

Sounds pretty good though, lots of pull power, which counts in a tractor .

Check this one below out.
Sorta like overkill on motor.

Watch "the old boys".
Full-pull!

That old JD acted like it was just pulling a plow. Never bogged down, never slipped a tire. Just loaded up and grunted.

That old JD acted like it was just pulling a plow. Never bogged down, never slipped a tire. Just loaded up and grunted.
I had a Model A John Deere that I used to pull up 6" diameter thorn trees, roots and all.
When someone bragged that their truck had a 283 cu-in engine, I told them that my tractor had 309 cubic-inches, in 2 cylinders! :oops:
(I did use a 30' logging chain so when it came down, I didn't get stabbed.)
The 830 was a super-beast, but that is a different story...470 cubic inches in 2 jugs.
shock.gif

Didn't get to own one, but got to play with a couple.:p

Back in the late 90s and early 2000s, antique tractor pulling was a big thing in my area. The local boys would all gather at every town celebration and county fair. Two brothers from my hometown built a sled they could pull behind a Peterbilt to the events, and charged a small fee for using it. The farmers would bring their tractors straight off the farm, most without even washing them. The old boys who had plowed with Johnny Poppers and Super Ms ruled the roost in the early days. They knew how to weight the tractor down to maximize traction. Those two cylinder model 70s would pull until the engine quit but they'd never spin if the driver knew what he was doing.

About 2005 or so, farmers started making good money again and everybody started restoring antique tractors. Suddenly shiny beautiful Oliver's with 3 cylinder Detroit diesels started showing up, and Katy bar the door - nobody could compete with that. And then everybody went rogue and started a modified class - blowers, injection, roll cages, and so on. And the antique pulls died, just like that. I miss the days of an ancient farmer on a tractor that could qualify for social security, trying to get 3 feet further and beat his best friend so he could tease him at the coffee shop all week - until the next pull...

11.92 @ 108mph

Geez...........that's pretty quick in a car, I can't imagine sitting on a lawn mower and doing that, lol. WOW!

Geez...........that's pretty quick in a car, I can't imagine sitting on a lawn mower and doing that, lol. WOW!

I‘m trying to figure out how to get that speed in my lawn tractor and keep my beer from spilling. 😊

We have tractor pulls here every heritage day in August. And mutton busting.
Just found out that my cousins all have 2WD Deeres. I just noticed the front tires and they look different than the 4WD. It's the rules. The ordnung.

That's neat Amish, yeah, 4 wheel front tires are different than rear wheel drive. :)

May 29, 2020

Farm Stock Tractors at Libertytown Maryland

Farm Tractors are just that fresh off the farm tractors. Some of these even drove from the farm. A lot of Internationals, a V8, and an articulating 4266.

Jul 3, 2020

13,000 lbs. Farm Stock Tractors Pulling At Laurelton.

June 27, 2020 Snyder County Tractor Pullers 13,000lb. Farm Stock Tractors in action at the Union County West End Fairgrounds in Laurelton, PA. Thumbnail is DJ Boop with Barnyard Kid.

This is like the one I had.

Ferguson tractor, old commercial.

An old commercial for Massey Ferguson, Tractor

Jan 22, 2018

Ferguson tef 20 and the wife having a play with the plough.

Last edited:
Modified Tractors at Boonsboro May 1 2021

Modified Tractors weighing 7800 pounds and can have (2) naturally-aspirated (NA) engines or (1) blown engine running. Here they are at Boonsboro Maryland at the Washington County Agriculture Center.

Modified Tractors at Boonsboro May 1 2021

Modified Tractors weighing 7800 pounds and can have (2) naturally-aspirated (NA) engines or (1) blown engine running. Here they are at Boonsboro Maryland at the Washington County Agriculture Center.
Well, don't tell the Amish about that.
They don't play when it comes to pulling power.
I don't know what is considered a "full pull", but it looks like he's going to take the sled into the next county :eek::

Last edited:
Back