Quotes

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I got this idea from another forum I frequent. But when I saw the following quote I decided it was time to share it here.

" My religious beliefs teach me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time of my death. I do not concern myself with that, but to be always ready whenever it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and all men would be equally brave ". Stonewall Jackson.

"you may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you" Leon Troskey

"perhaps the meek shall inherit the earth, but they'll do it in very small plots....about 6'x3' " Robert Heinlein

" a true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" Chesterton

" violence, naked force, has settled more disputes in history than has any other factor and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms" Robert Heinlein

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernhard Shaw

Jim

Hmmmm...

George Bernhard Shaw is not high on my list of wise philosophers.

A quote from an old boss goes;

"Ben, when you are running in the dark, it is the lead sled dog that runs into the tree." (Earnie Dale, circa 1990)

Ben

1611106725079.png

"It is better to be despised by the despicable than admired by the admirable." -Kurt Hofmann via Mike Vanderboegh

"If you judge a whole group based on the worst actions of the worst member of that group, you are the worst member of your group." -Scott Adams (in response to CNN's Don Lemon)

My father, who served three tours over Vietnam, had that frame on the wall next to an incased American flag and a picture of the actual BUFF he flew during two of this three tours. I am thankful the Lord took my father a few years ago as what is happening today would have ate him up from the inside.

“Eight and a half miles can be covered in minutes in a car on an expressway, but what does a man see? What he gains in time he loses in benefit to his body and mInd.”

“To look around at what you have accomplished in a day gives a man a good feeling. Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completeness satisfies a man.”

“I have found that some of the simplest things have given me the most pleasure. They didn't cost me a lot of money either. They just worked on my senses. Did you ever pick very large blueberries after a summer rain? Walk through a grove of cottonwoods? Pull on dry woolen socks after you've peeled off the wet ones? Come in out of the subzero and shiver yourself warm in front of a wood fire? The world is full of such things.”

― Richard Proenneke, One Man's Wilderness: An Alaskan Odyssey

1611158359641.jpeg

Marriage lets you annoy one special person for the rest of your life.” – Unknown

“Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.”

“My husband has made me laugh. Wiped my tears. Hugged me tight. Watched me succeed. Seen me fail. Kept me strong. My husband is a promise that I will have a friend forever.

“Husband and wife relationships are like the relationship of Tom and Jerry. Though they are teasing and fighting, but can’t live without each other.” – Unknown

Latest posts

Back