Quotes

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9e7fb3a800b11962bd4886cb26ce7eff.jpg

They told us what they would do....we didn't care apparently.

Dale

Maybe you already know this. “Quiet Cal” was at an event as president. There was a woman who walked up to him and told him that her friend bet her she wouldn’t be able to get him to say 3 words. (The woman thought she could). He looked at her and said, “You lose.” 😊

Marriage lets you annoy one special person for the rest of your life.” – Unknown

“Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.”

“My husband has made me laugh. Wiped my tears. Hugged me tight. Watched me succeed. Seen me fail. Kept me strong. My husband is a promise that I will have a friend forever.

“Husband and wife relationships are like the relationship of Tom and Jerry. Though they are teasing and fighting, but can’t live without each other.” – Unknown

Marriage Counselor: " Your wife is upset because you don't buy her flowers."

Husband: " I didn't even know she sold flowers."

1611850127971.jpeg

"If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con' what is the opposite of 'progress'?"

Paul Harvey........................good day!

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt, 1910

My father, who served three tours over Vietnam, had that frame on the wall next to an incased American flag and a picture of the actual BUFF he flew during two of this three tours. I am thankful the Lord took my father a few years ago as what is happening today would have ate him up from the inside.
I can't remember if it was you, and I'm not finding it on this thread, but now can't find it: a quote about strong men make good times, good times make weak men. . . anyone chime in here. I know I'm fubaring it.

I can't remember if it was you, and I'm not finding it on this thread, but now can't find it: a quote about strong men make good times, good times make weak men. . . anyone chime in here. I know I'm fubaring it.

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times createweak men, and weak men create hard times.” author G. Michael Hopf

While out and about today, I thought if how things have been so when I ran across a little book "Words on Kindness" for a dollar, I got it.
Here are a couple I like:
I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again. William Penn (1644-1718)
The Sufis advise us to speak only after our words pass through three gates. At the first gate, we ask ourselves, "Are these words true?" If so, we let them pass on; if not, back they go. At the second gate, we ask "Are they necessary?" At the last gate, we ask, "Are they kind?" Eknath Easwaran

Latest posts

Back