Rabbit feeders

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluetick21

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I’m about to start weaning some kits here soon and I guess like everything else the normal j feeders have more then doubled in price. I was curious if any of y’all have made any feeders that work good?
Thanks in advance!

got any big cans around?

1619214920753.png

got any big cans around?

Good idea!!! I was looking for an old J feeder last week. Didn't find one, I must have sold them with the hutch when I sold a lady my rabbits a few years ago.

Anyway, I was looking for a J feeder to put oyster shells in for my chickens. I've always pored shells into a pan. The downside being they wash out when it rains or a chicken will tip it over. They don't go anywhere and I've seen chickens scratching them up.

I wanted to come up with a new idea for the oyster shells, it seems you have it.

I made a mistake and forgot to go to music thread,sorry yall.

Last edited:
I’m about to start weaning some kits here soon and I guess like everything else the normal j feeders have more then doubled in price. I was curious if any of y’all have made any feeders that work good?
Thanks in advance!
we use the plastic folgers cans cut in half from top to bottom use a hole punch to put zip ties or wire through to hang on side of cage to feed hay works really well

take a 5 gallon bucket and remove the lid.
augur a 2" hole near the bottom of the bucket as you can get, maybe two or three if you have lots of rabbits.
set the bucket in the lid and fill with feed. gravity does the rest.

Back