Raccoon invasion!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I hate the little house wrecking life support systems for a hat myself, but it brings to mind my tribe of feral cats on the creek.

Is that dademoss? LOL j/k

That is one classic video... I know they can be problematic, but in a way I admire raccoons, they're very clever and resourceful. One kept trying to get into my attic in Show Low, and I don't blame the critter, since it can get cold up there in the White Mountains. Raccoons are fierce fighters, that old guy should be a little more careful... I read somewhere that raccoons share a common ancestor with bears & wolverines, and the truly wild ones can be a handful. They're omnivores too, so if they're hungry enough they can and will kill small cats, dogs, etc. Kittens are NOT safe around raccoons, I learned this after I surprised a large raccoon lying in wait near where two adopted kittens played in the carport... looked it up on the web, and there were ugly accounts & photos of domestic animals killed by raccoons. I started bringing the cats inside at night after I read that, didn't want my cats to disappear. Not sure what this guy's neighbors think, but if he wants to feed the raccoons, well, it's his money... must get expensive too, after a while, but those raccoons looked well-fed! ;)

That is one classic video... I know they can be problematic, but in a way I admire raccoons, they're very clever and resourceful. One kept trying to get into my attic in Show Low, and I don't blame the critter, since it can get cold up there in the White Mountains. Raccoons are fierce fighters, that old guy should be a little more careful... I read somewhere that raccoons share a common ancestor with bears & wolverines, and the truly wild ones can be a handful. They're omnivores too, so if they're hungry enough they can and will kill small cats, dogs, etc. Kittens are NOT safe around raccoons, I learned this after I surprised a large raccoon lying in wait near where two adopted kittens played in the carport... looked it up on the web, and there were ugly accounts & photos of domestic animals killed by raccoons. I started bringing the cats inside at night after I read that, didn't want my cats to disappear. Not sure what this guy's neighbors think, but if he wants to feed the raccoons, well, it's his money... must get expensive too, after a while, but those raccoons looked well-fed! ;)
While I like Rhadagast...

I am not an animal person or rather animals don't like me.

I watch that video thinking how do I train them away from my house.

Ben

Raccoons are met with a .22 WMR.
Judge 410 here. I hate em!

Ben

I thought I remember he fell in love with an Elvish woman and somehow it
bulloxes things up and his fellow wizards disown him?

Last edited:
Use the one I posted for ground hog, just simmer it a bit longer and add beef boullion cubes to get that trash diver taste out unless that you live in the woods, then you're all good.

Ben

I agree 1000%. After spending several hundred dollars to evict one and her offspring from my attic, I have no use for them. I do like animals, but draw the line at home invasion.

Of all the critters I dislike, Bears and raccoons beat out snakes, I'm not overly fond of eating them either, they carry worms like luggage! Might as well eat raw pork.

We don't have raccoons, but an animal with a very many same habits, instincts, and abilities that can be about 100 to 200 kilo larger than that... Meaning bears... And yes.. For instance... They do have the strength and ability to tear the door off the barn to get to the chicken feed or flock of chickens inside..

It is actions like this that get people hurt and then wonder ...well.. why did that happen ??....

These are wild animals.. And will react like wild animals.. If not the minute after you get your 20 minutes of video fame ....eventually...

Latest posts

Back