Racist --- ???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMT Tactical

The Great Lizard !
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Racist

The History and Dictionary Meaning of racism

Racism appears to be a word of recent origin, with no citations currently known that would suggest the word was in use prior to the early 20th century. But the fact that the word is fairly new does not prove that the concept of racism did not exist in the distant past. Things may have words to describe them before they exist (spaceship, for instance, has been in use since the 19th century, well before the rocket-fired vessels were invented), and things may exist for a considerable time before they are given names (t-shirt does not appear in print until the 20th century, although the article of clothing existed prior to 1900).

Dictionaries are often treated as the final arbiter in arguments over a word’s meaning, but they are not always well suited for settling disputes. The lexicographer’s role is to explain how words are (or have been) actually used, not how some may feel that they should be used, and they say nothing about the intrinsic nature of the thing named by a word, much less the significance it may have for individuals. When discussing concepts like racism, therefore, it is prudent to recognize that quoting from a dictionary is unlikely to either mollify or persuade the person with whom one is arguing.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

Now with the above notation, we come to the point of individual interpretation of what is Racist. In recent time, Liberal factions have referred to just about everything having anything to do with people of color as Racist. To me a racist comment or action is based on a personal belief in a FICTION, resulting in the deliberate intention to deprive an individual or group of people (race) from being able to proceed in life with the SAME opportunities and with the same privileges as any other person or group. The key word is Fiction. Stating a fact about a person or group (race) is not racist, it is simply a fact. Example: There are more blacks in Africa than whites is not racist, just fact. By percentage, there are more blacks and Hispanics living in poverty than whites is not racist, if it can be proven as fact. Many uncomfortable topics are not Racist but stated facts. Where a fact becomes Racist is when the author / speaker uses derogatory terms while stating the facts. Example: The assailant severely injured the little old lady because she was white. The POS was later arrested. What changed this from a crime report to a racist news article was the author's choice to let his bias be reflected by the use of POS. Did the crime happen, yes (fact). Is the author bias, yes. If a member referenced this article on the forum, does that make the member RACIST, NO. The member did not write the article. The member did not make up (falsify) the story. The member simply read the article and shared it on the forum. Now if the member decides to add their own 2-Cents (becomes an author) then any bias or Racist is on them.

Now the magic question. Why am I posting this? It is my attempt to caution members to be selective in what articles they post. No I am not trying to censor any posts. I read 6 to 8 news sites daily. Several are conservative, several are liberal, and a couple are middle of the road and a couple are ultra conservative or ultra liberal. With each of these sites I have to be selective in who wrote the article, how they wrote the article and is it factual. Sometimes, when I read an article in the either the ultra liberal site or the ultra conservative news site, I have to track down the original story. Many times the original story is less bias and less derogatory in its reporting. Same facts but acceptable verbiage.

One of the most precious aspect of this forum, is our freedom to discuss any and all topics. Debate is healthy and desirable. Respect for all is mandatory. Some topics are unpleasant to discuss but refusing to discuss never leads to a resolution.

Just my 2-cents. Feel free to comment and add your 2-cents.

Simply put,

5048-0a0221349448a96acebcc99af6d504d1.jpg

Racist

The History and Dictionary Meaning of racism

Racism appears to be a word of recent origin, with no citations currently known that would suggest the word was in use prior to the early 20th century. But the fact that the word is fairly new does not prove that the concept of racism did not exist in the distant past. Things may have words to describe them before they exist (spaceship, for instance, has been in use since the 19th century, well before the rocket-fired vessels were invented), and things may exist for a considerable time before they are given names (t-shirt does not appear in print until the 20th century, although the article of clothing existed prior to 1900).

Dictionaries are often treated as the final arbiter in arguments over a word’s meaning, but they are not always well suited for settling disputes. The lexicographer’s role is to explain how words are (or have been) actually used, not how some may feel that they should be used, and they say nothing about the intrinsic nature of the thing named by a word, much less the significance it may have for individuals. When discussing concepts like racism, therefore, it is prudent to recognize that quoting from a dictionary is unlikely to either mollify or persuade the person with whom one is arguing.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

Now with the above notation, we come to the point of individual interpretation of what is Racist. In recent time, Liberal factions have referred to just about everything having anything to do with people of color as Racist. To me a racist comment or action is based on a personal belief in a FICTION, resulting in the deliberate intention to deprive an individual or group of people (race) from being able to proceed in life with the SAME opportunities and with the same privileges as any other person or group. The key word is Fiction. Stating a fact about a person or group (race) is not racist, it is simply a fact. Example: There are more blacks in Africa than whites is not racist, just fact. By percentage, there are more blacks and Hispanics living in poverty than whites is not racist, if it can be proven as fact. Many uncomfortable topics are not Racist but stated facts. Where a fact becomes Racist is when the author / speaker uses derogatory terms while stating the facts. Example: The assailant severely injured the little old lady because she was white. The POS was later arrested. What changed this from a crime report to a racist news article was the author's choice to let his bias be reflected by the use of POS. Did the crime happen, yes (fact). Is the author bias, yes. If a member referenced this article on the forum, does that make the member RACIST, NO. The member did not write the article. The member did not make up (falsify) the story. The member simply read the article and shared it on the forum. Now if the member decides to add their own 2-Cents (becomes an author) then any bias or Racist is on them.

Now the magic question. Why am I posting this? It is my attempt to caution members to be selective in what articles they post. No I am not trying to censor any posts. I read 6 to 8 news sites daily. Several are conservative, several are liberal, and a couple are middle of the road and a couple are ultra conservative or ultra liberal. With each of these sites I have to be selective in who wrote the article, how they wrote the article and is it factual. Sometimes, when I read an article in the either the ultra liberal site or the ultra conservative news site, I have to track down the original story. Many times the original story is less bias and less derogatory in its reporting. Same facts but acceptable verbiage.

One of the most precious aspect of this forum, is our freedom to discuss any and all topics. Debate is healthy and desirable. Respect for all is mandatory. Some topics are unpleasant to discuss but refusing to discuss never leads to a resolution.

Just my 2-cents. Feel free to comment and add your 2-cents.

TMT, Did you write this yourself or is it an article?

Racism is more a theory than a fact,imo. Live and let live should be for all not just the few. Freedom for all .

It is just so well written and although I may not have goo grammar I can still see it when someone else does.
It was a compliment not an accusation. :cool::D

I neither took it as a compliment nor a criticism. I was simply stating I stand behind my words, I am the author and was expressing my personal beliefs. Now I do accept your post as a compliment and thank you. I am not always able to express my thoughts with words. One reason I always invite folks to comment, that way I can clear up any misunderstanding my posts may create.

TMT, sometimes writing can be misunderstood, no expressions or voice to relate to. You don't usually write that much so I wasn't sure.
Anyway since the word came out there is only one race that it is used against as a weapon. This is why I don't think it is a word other than a cuss word against one particular people.

TMT, sometimes writing can be misunderstood, no expressions or voice to relate to. You don't usually write that much so I wasn't sure.
Anyway since the word came out there is only one race that it is used against as a weapon. This is why I don't think it is a word other than a cuss word against one particular people.

That article was written over several days in my word program and I just copied and pasted it. I do not buy into the one race any more than I think all reptiles are the same. Same classification but as many variants as mother nature could dream up. People are the same species but as many variants as mankind can work itself into. Now if I said ALL snakes were bad, that would be racist (against snakes) if I said all rattlesnakes were dangerous, that would simply be a fact. Fact of fiction to determine if racist or unpleasant but factual. JMHO

I would just like to point out the fact that there is only one race of humans on earth. If you submit a DNA sample to a lab they can't tell what nationality you are without a mitochondrial DNA evaluation. The DNA in your mitocondria (a bacteria that lives in each cell of your body) is passed only from females to offspring and hold a record of the female ancestry. Your skin, hair and eye color cannot be told from your DNA. There are no "race" codes in DNA.
That requires that "racial" comparisons are not based on genetics at all but rather on differences we perceive with our eyes. The simple fact is that if you are homosepian you are genetically the same species (race) as the other homosepians around you.

I would just like to point out the fact that there is only one race of humans on earth. If you submit a DNA sample to a lab they can't tell what nationality you are without a mitochondrial DNA evaluation. The DNA in your mitocondria (a bacteria that lives in each cell of your body) is passed only from females to offspring and hold a record of the female ancestry. Your skin, hair and eye color cannot be told from your DNA. There are no "race" codes in DNA.
That requires that "racial" comparisons are not based on genetics at all but rather on differences we perceive with our eyes. The simple fact is that if you are homosepian you are genetically the same species (race) as the other homosepians around you.

I took Horticulture in college for a semester in 1994 [ was the oldest in my class maybe whole student body? ] . I was going to open up an organic nursery.

Plant science far as biology is basically no less than human biology except we have bones and plants have cell walls.

All living organisms have 'relatives' but also are basically just matter. Tomatoes and potatoes are both nightshades and from the sane genus but different species. Or as you would call it 'bacteria'.

Genus of man is kind of species. Some think it would be best to make all hybrids and elminate the species altogether.
Are fish ,cats, birds next, do we only need one kind of fish? One kind of bird? This is the question Carl Marx and Froid 'spell' didn't answer when indoctrinating their agendas into our DOE trying to create their NWO.
This is a very heavy and contraversal subject so I'm sure it will go nowhere fast.:good luck::eyeballs:

Interesting we have shifted from "RACIST" to "RACE". The two are not mutually the same and are not interchangeable. One is an act or state of mind and the other is a lottery draw from Mother Nature.

Latest posts

Back