Racoon problem?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy D.

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
No problem if you trap and cook them like this:

I used to have raccoons that caused mayhem inside the "compound" where the chickens play. Not claiming they knew what I said, but one of them and I had a "come to Jesus" meeting. he came into the hav-a-hart trap , I came out with the .22 and explained the terms of his surrender. "You Me$$ with stuff in here, you will die." He agreed and left, and I have not had any mayhem since. They still come around, but the word is out :)

Teddy Ruxpin the Aussie Shepard(DNA results are mixed) :p may have helped a bit too, he loves to chase "things in the night"

I used to have raccoons that caused mayhem inside the "compound" where the chickens play. Not claiming they knew what I said, but one of them and I had a "come to Jesus" meeting. he came into the hav-a-hart trap , I came out with the .22 and explained the terms of his surrender. "You Me$$ with stuff in here, you will die." He agreed and left, and I have not had any mayhem since. They still come around, but the word is out :)

Teddy Ruxpin the Aussie Shepard(DNA results are mixed) :p may have helped a bit too, he loves to chase "things in the night"

:) Raccoons are smart, but your bunch is really smart.

I've never eaten racoon and it would be low on my list. I have skinned out many back when I was trapping and they have a lot of fat on them. Plus they are a carnivore which often screws the taste of the meat.

Raccoons are omnivores, like pigs and bears and us folks. I prefer pork, but raccoon is better than bear (and porcupine), and better than rabbit in stew. The fat makes good grease. Not much used to slick one's hair down nowadays, but it works for waterproofing boots. Probably could use it for lighting.

:) Raccoons are smart, but your bunch is really smart.

Part of me says it's a raccoon, and doesn't know a thing. The other part of me says since that time, the potted peppers are unmolested, no trying to get the mealworms from the can, etc. Raccoon is smart, or lucky, pick one ) They leave me and mine alone, and I do the same, all God's creatures have their place.

Part of me says it's a raccoon, and doesn't know a thing. The other part of me says since that time, the potted peppers are unmolested, no trying to get the mealworms from the can, etc. Raccoon is smart, or lucky, pick one ) They leave me and mine alone, and I do the same, all God's creatures have their place.
Whenever I have a set-down with a raccoon, I win the argument. Raccoon eradication is an honorable endeavor, and the more spectacular the raccoon's demise is, the better...

Latest posts

Back