Random Thoughts Thread.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of you besides me really enjoy cooking with a cast iron skillet.

a cast iron alpha.jpg

45 Western Stars

a forty five western stars.jpg

Making it easy, how many do you recognize.

45 Western Stars: Front row: Dewey Martin, Johnny Crawford (in tennis clothes), Chuck Connors, Glen Ford, Alan Hale Jr., Henry Darrow, Larry Storch, Neville Brand, Second row: Denver Pyle, Iron Eyes Cody, Harry Lauter, Jeanette Nolan, Linda Cristal, John Ireland, Mark Slade, Joe Bowman, Fred Putnam, 3rd row: Pat Buttram, Milburn Stone, Dan Haggerty, Guy Madison, Rex Allen, John Bromfield, Keenan Wynn,Jackie Coogan, 4th row: X-Brands, Bill Williams, Michael Ansara, Slim Pickins, Dick Jones, Don Diamond, Ken Curtis, John Russell, Peter Brown, James Drury, 5th row: Red Cameron, Jock Mahoney, Jack Kelly, Tony Young, John McIntire, Ty Hardin, Lee Van Cleef, Will Hitchins, Terry Wilson, Clayton Moore, Doug McClure.

Random thought:
I think he's practicing up for the 'going-away' party for the people guilty of perpetrating the largest hoax the U.S. government has ever squandered 40-million dollars on:
Russian Collusion.
https://nypost.com/2019/06/26/barr-busts-out-the-bagpipes-for-surprise-performance/
(apology for quoting the liberal "New York Post"):Angie:.

I can think of several people he's going to be 'piping' away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree, a well seasoned cast iron pot or pan won't let food stick and to me gives the food a good taste. From Grandma to Mom to us we have them and they last forever.

Funny, Mr. Mark noted that everything sticks to the cast iron. Like you noted Top, those pans can't be seasoned properly! Many folks don't know that cast iron was the original "non-stick" cookware long before Teflon or any of that other stuff even came out. Those of us who use cast iron cookware know that if it's seasoned properly, most foods will slide right out of the pan! I keep a pint container of bacon grease in the fridge for the sole purpose of seasoning & maintaining my cast iron pans, which I apply after every cleaning. Also, none of my cast iron cookware has ever tasted soap! Again, if maintained properly, scolding hot water will do the trick. I cook all my chicken, chops, fish, steaks, stews, soups & even corn bread in cast iron. Of course pancakes cooked in cast iron can't be beat! Folks don't realize, that if you want a restaurant taste/quality to your steaks, burgers and other foods, cast iron will definitely give you that!

BTW, I'm a big Lodge fan, how bout you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Random thought:
Boy! Just when I thought our 95-degrees Louisiana summer was hot...
Remember the evil American president withdrew us from the Paris Climate Accord so...
The Weather Channel said:
"France has already busted record high temperatures set in the summer of 2003. The mercury hit 114 degrees in Gallargues-le-Montueux today - the highest temperature ever recorded in France. At least 11 other locations in France also tied or broke the previous all-time record high temperature.
Officials in Germany ordered speed limits on parts of the Autobahn lowered to prevent the road from buckling.
The transport ministry in Germany's Saxony-Anhalt state, in the north of the country, set speed limits at 62 mph and 75 mph earlier this week on several stretches of the roadway."
overreaction110.gif

I bet the needle is also pegged-out on the "We Hate Trump" meter:D.

That gun grabbing Bitch must think we're idiots...:wait:

:pee:" Common Sense Gun Laws "...

Look at the Gun Laws already on the books...and ENFORCE those laws on the criminals Dumbass...

And then leave us God Loving Gun Carrying Law Abiding Citizens ALONE !!

And while you're at it...SLAM THAT BORDER DOOR SHUT ON THE WAY OUT...!! :Bart:

How's THAT for " Common Sense " !!??

:smilie flag:

Latest posts

Back