Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a tooth that really needs out, no dentist will touch me because I have high blood pressure. NOTHING I take lowers it. I'm considering doing it myself!
If you have some plantain around, mash some up. If you pull your tooth, shove some of that in there.
Or dampen a regular teabag and put that in there.

Sorry you're in Albuquerque, Backlash. Crime is too high, and docs are scarce and leaving. I left there four years ago. That mucinex will just make you thirsty, you'll drink more fluids, and it'll clear you out faster. Try some Zyrtec. It's over the counter. Trailers have a way of disappearing from Hotel parking lots there. And pickup trucks. Catalytic convertors, too. Our son lives there and has lost two in a year.
You are right about this place.
When they have 2 armed guards at Walgreens you know it's bad.
Yesterday there were about 6 cop car right next to Walgreens when I drove to the UC facility.
Drove past again about 4 hours later and there were about 20 cop cars and they had taped off the entire neighbor hood and the news cameraman was there.
Fortunately we are staying on the Air Force base so it's safe.
On a positive side I am feeling a little better so maybe I'll get back to OK soon.

Micro rant:
My favorite store had ZERO cases if 12-ounce Coors Light cans! gaah
Has the apocalypse begun!??:oops:
76354-151b90dd9136ad1e6bf6ca687dc37b7c.data

*Fortunately, I was able to grab cases of 12-ounce Michelob Ultra, so I will be ok :D:thumbs:.

Vehicle engineers are idiots.

Went fishing yesterday, finished up and got in the truck and a single click was all it had. Well I'm thinking the battery gave it up. Got a guy to jump me off. Nothing. Wouldn't even crank. Ended up called the dealer just down the road and yep they could work on it today. So I called a got a wrecker to haul it for me. Friend of my wife's came up to visit yesterday and ended up staying the night at the camper. She dropped me off at the dealer this morning and I set around there for less than an hour and the service guy walks up and says I've got some bad news. Starter is bad and killed the battery to where it wouldn't take a charge. Ok fix it. He says the design is such they have to left the motor after pulling the exhaust to get the starter swapped. Wont be ready today. I asked about tomorrow, he's like ill have to check and see. I told him we are camping and have to leave Thursday morning. Mechanic said he'd stay late tonight and make sure he can finish tomorrow.
Then I'm stuck at the dealer with no ride. Ended up renting a car till tomorrow. Gonna cost $2400. I'm still fuming

Went fishing yesterday, finished up and got in the truck and a single click was all it had. Well I'm thinking the battery gave it up. Got a guy to jump me off. Nothing. Wouldn't even crank. Ended up called the dealer just down the road and yep they could work on it today. So I called a got a wrecker to haul it for me. Friend of my wife's came up to visit yesterday and ended up staying the night at the camper. She dropped me off at the dealer this morning and I set around there for less than an hour and the service guy walks up and says I've got some bad news. Starter is bad and killed the battery to where it wouldn't take a charge. Ok fix it. He says the design is such they have to left the motor after pulling the exhaust to get the starter swapped. Wont be ready today. I asked about tomorrow, he's like ill have to check and see. I told him we are camping and have to leave Thursday morning. Mechanic said he'd stay late tonight and make sure he can finish tomorrow.
Then I'm stuck at the dealer with no ride. Ended up renting a car till tomorrow. Gonna cost $2400. I'm still fuming
Glad I didn't suggest smacking the starter with a hammer. GEEZ, I am soo old.

I thought it might be an issue when I was crawling around under it and could locate it. Who the hell puts one where the motor has to be lifted to get at it?
The first thing I did when I bought the in-laws truck, was replace the starter and battery even though both still worked fine.
Being a tech for 40 years, you learn a few things :rolleyes:.

Over the last decade large farm equipment has become more and more modular. Saw a show on combines, the power plant was a modular plug an play unit. Service guy came out to a combine broken in the field. Ran diagnostics then replaced the power plant with a lift, only took a couple hours.

Soon the auto parts store will go the way of the tv repair shop. Plug and play power plants for vehicles? Probably sooner than later.

I appreciate my old truck even more!!

Going to start singing Dademosses, "I'm gonna whip somebody's ass" song.
The twins have been texting husband, wanting a response, saying sorry my mom died. Funny, they refused to even speak to her when she was alive, the last few times she was physically over at our place. Just walked on past her. Now, granddaughter is texting other relatives to insist she has a right to attend the funeral. This is not about rights. This is about my mom. She only wants to come to hurt me.

I could have called my aunt before she passed but I didn't. I regret it so much! I don't want to make that same mistake again so, her husband, my uncle, I've been trying to get ahold of him, and I'm taking food to my grandparents whenever I can because I fear losing more people. Maybe they feel the same way? Maybe they don't. I don't know.

On the taxes thing, my brother's employer did not send the correct forms to him in a timely fashion. They sent the wrong info and he didn't get the correct info until April 12th but then he didn't know his AGI from 2022 so it wouldn't allow the filing. He tried calling the allegedly 24/7 line for IRS to find out but nobody picked up and they kept disconnecting the call. I finally found the correct link for him to retrieve it online. So then it was filed but Mom put the SSN in wrong-- she transposed some numbers. It is now filed though and accepted.

Having trouble typing-- wrists and fingers hurt. Arthritis sucks.

Diabetes place says they still have not received correct info to approve Mom's insulin pump and she almost died from hypoglycemia this morning. She slept through the dexcom alarm but my brother heard it. Her sugar was low for over an hour before he walked in and heard the alarm. It was so low it didn't register on the Dexcom-- it just said "Low". She was not lucid and was barely conscious-- but was mostly unconscious and I had to keep waking her up. She got hypothermia too. Had to call for an ambulance and my friend had to help them get her to the front door.

I'm going to have to call the doctor's office to see if they will send in the correct info and if we can't get the pump, at least switch her to different type of insulin.

I'm completely exhausted now but will have to go back to the hospital to check on Mom after I get a little bit of rest in.

Micro rant:
My favorite store had ZERO cases if 12-ounce Coors Light cans! gaah
Has the apocalypse begun!??:oops:
76354-151b90dd9136ad1e6bf6ca687dc37b7c.data

*Fortunately, I was able to grab cases of 12-ounce Michelob Ultra, so I will be ok :D:thumbs:.
Huh. just noticed most of the big brands are lacking the little cans, bowl season or was that one bridge that fell near the main breweries?

I need a MRI on lumbar and hips. MRI place called and said
my portion would be 3795.00 with insurance, asked cash price said 2200.00. I am on BC-BS group plan that between employer and me is a 1000.00 a month. I won't be getting a MRI. Thanks Obama for screwing up health care. Middle class people don't stand a chance.

my portion would be 3795.00 with insurance, asked cash price said 2200.00. I am on BC-BS group plan that between employer and me is a 1000.00 a month. I won't be getting a MRI. Thanks Obama for screwing up health care. Middle class people don't stand a chance.
Obama sucks, this is all on purpose!!☹️

Check out united, they got your back.

Latest posts

Back