Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning I actually had to go to the hospital as an outpatient just so they could ask me if I understood what was going to happen next week when the real outpatient procedure will happen. Wasted 5 hours of my time, screwed up my meal times (something critical for people with CFS). I wasted gas on a 90-mile round trip. I was so rushed leaving home this morning I forgot medicine I was supposed to take at a certain time... now my meds are all screwed up!

When ALL OF IT could have been handled with a phone call... them-"know whats going to happen next week" me-"Yep"... Them-"thank you, bye".

At least that was how it was handled last week when my doctors people called with the exact same question! gaahgaahgaah
Sorry Peanut you had such a bad day. today was a little better for me. Hope yours get better soon too.

06-20-16-taber-marionette-cartoon.jpg

Why , Why, has it got to be a constant war ...?

I mean war.

Democrat vs Republican.

That is all I hear when I turn on radio or tv, or chatting at the local coffee shop.

Its never, this or that vs this or that topics, it's all vicious war between Democrat and Republican.

I'm sooo sick of it.

Jim

Me too Jim.:eek:o_O

Why , Why, has it got to be a constant war ...?

I mean war.

Democrat vs Republican.

That is all I hear when I turn on radio or tv, or chatting at the local coffee shop.

Its never, this or that vs this or that topics, it's all vicious war between Democrat and Republican.

I'm sooo sick of it.

Jim
The PTB wants to keep us divided so we don't see what is really happening.
The last thing the powers that be want is an alert informed public.
United we stand Divided we fall is a true statement.

The PTB wants to keep us divided so we don't see what is really happening.
The last thing the powers that be want is an alert informed public.
United we stand Divided we fall is a true statement.
There two 'powers that be'. One of them gathers rosebuds {wealth&power} while he may, the other emulates a Chicken Little with an audience.

People who bring in fish or reheat fish at work. Gross. There are two kinds of fish that are acceptable to cook and/or eat at work; goldfish crackers and Swedish fish candy. Otherwise fish should stay in the water. View attachment 2385

I saw this post this evening. It's the first time I've laughed in a while.
Years ago at my department, night shift had fried fish for supper. I was still new and the youngest by 10 years. By 7 in the morning the whole building still smelled like fish. It didn't bother me. I was always early for work. (Thanks Dad) Well. Gary an older officer usually got there just on time. (evil idea time) I walked out of the building and told him he didn't really want to go in there. He questioned why. I told him "Jane" worked last night and it must be that time of the month. Well. He had to go in for shift briefing. He was made as hell. He threw the funniest temper tantrums i've ever seen. It was a good 10 minutes before he found out the truth.

Home computer is about 10 years old, running Vista.
For my 25th work anniversity employer offered $$$ towards a cruise, furniture or electronics. I asked for an Apple gift card.
I went online and ordered a iMac.
Then I spent countless evenings learning the new Operating System.
I wasn't able to convert the wife's email contacts from the old PC to the iMac so I manually typed them into the iMac (wife knows this).
This was over two years ago.

Rant. Last night wife asked me how to copy a website link from the iMac to the old computer. I asked why? Because she wants to email the link to her customers. Why don't you email from the iMac? She doesn't know how to find her customer's email addresses. I show her how again (I showed how two years ago, she wrote herself detailed notes on how to but doesn't remember where she put the notes). Her bulk emails are sent and I go back to my project. Wife is almost in tears, she doesn't understand why so many of the sent emails are being returned to her. I suggested that I could have typos when I typed the email addresses over to the iMac and/or some of the customers addresses have change. That's not possible she says because she's been updating the addresses...IN THE OLD COMPUTER. NOT IN THE iMAC!!!!!! For the last two years she has been using the old computer to send emails. I wish she would have told me this upfront when I asked.

...thank you LL.
I feel so much better now.:ghostly:Jim

#2 son came home from grade school (5th grade) depressed. He said he was dumb and couldn't learn anything so I asked him if he thought his dad was dumb? "No" he answered so I showed him my 5th grade reported card. "Boy you stunk!!!!" he said looking at my grades. His mood of depression was replaced with jubilee. I was happy that I could help...more I thought about I the more I became depressed over my grades!

Costco checking my shopping cart as I leave.
I have informed the door checker that there is nothing in the cart that belongs to Costco. I paid for everything in there and it's mine. I am not a thief and I resent them treating me like one. The manager told me it's for inventory control. I told him that is BS because there is no way the door guy checked every item in the cart.
My wife likes me to wait in the truck while she checks out.

Costco checking my shopping cart as I leave.
I have informed the door checker that there is nothing in the cart that belongs to Costco. I paid for everything in there and it's mine. I am not a thief and I resent them treating me like one. The manager told me it's for inventory control. I told him that is BS because there is no way the door guy checked every item in the cart.
My wife likes me to wait in the truck while she checks out.
Theft at grocery stores in my area has gotten so out of control that they now station employees at the doors to check as people leave. I have seen numerous stories about people filling up their grocery carts and just driving the cart out of the store without paying.

I have also seen the employees who are working the door. I wondered why they turned away when I was coming out? Because my groceries were bagged, meaning that I had paid for them? Because I was white and older? Do I have an honest look about me? And why were they selecting the people they did to check their carts?

I find it annoying to have my cart checked when I shop at Costco, especially when the lines are long. Maybe that keeps the price of groceries down because it keeps theft down? I think they count and do a random check of the list and cart.

they do the cart and receipt check at a sams club 30+miles away.I've also noticed younger ppl at the exits of the walmart next door.i think their mostly watching where folks come from when heading for a exit.another walmart has gate's installed just inside the entrance/exit.so folks have to exit through a check out.i don't like my cart checked either.but yet it probably does cut down on thefts.

... employees who are working the door. I wondered why they turned away when I was coming out? ...

You were profiled.

IMHO the main reason exits are manned is to stop shoppers with a conscious from thinking about shoplifting. The same way a Driver being followed by a marked police car is more "law abiding".

It is an affront to the fourth amendment. I purposely went to stores that did that in Seattle just so I could walk through the folks posted at the doors.
They would ask me to stop and I say, "no thank you" and keep going.
Look you haven't stolen anything until you leave the store with it. They can't lawfully search your property without a warrant. They can't make a civil arrest unless you commit a felony.
They don't stop shoplifters by stopping people with a cart full of bags that they are given at the checkout. People without carts walk by while they have stopped people who have gone through the checkout.
It is about getting people to disconnect from their rights. Just like boarding a plane. TSA has never caught a violent bomber from getting on a plane, yet we allow ourselves to be searched and have our personal property searched against the fourth amendment.
Bunch of sheep!

It is an affront to the fourth amendment. I purposely went to stores that did that in Seattle just so I could walk through the folks posted at the doors.
They would ask me to stop and I say, "no thank you" and keep going....

Yes and no. I figure it's a retired person just trying to supplement their Social Security by following store policy. The few times they asked if they may see my receipt I say sure. Politeness is the oil on the hinge of life.

Yes and no. I figure it's a retired person just trying to supplement their Social Security by following store policy. The few times they asked if they may see my receipt I say sure. Politeness is the oil on the hinge of life.
It's their store.
If they insist on customers having a 'cavity-search' to "protect inventory" they will quickly run out of customers.
This is America. We have plenty of stores to choose from.
I am NOT grabbing my ankles and bending over:mad:.

Our wallets RUN this country. Don't forget that.
Just ask KMART:eek:.

It's their store.
If they insist on customers having a 'cavity-search' to "protect inventory" they will quickly run out of customers.
This is America. We have plenty of stores to choose from.
I am NOT grabbing my ankles and bending over:mad:.

Our wallets RUN this country. Don't forget that.
Just ask KMART:eek:.

How'd we get from checking bags to cavity searches???

How'd we get from checking bags to cavity searches???
It's my fault. I tend to exaggerate.
I had to study up on this.
Here's the best way I can explain it:
Let's say your sister in law runs a register there.
Every day you roll a buggy up to her register with $500 of stuff in it.
She only rings up $50 of it and you pay and leave.
The store would lose $450 per Day!
The only way they could stop it is to halt you at the door and say "there's only 5 things on your receipt but 30 in your basket".
Needless to say if one item in your cart is a $600 TV, and they 'forgot' to ring it up, it would just fly out the door.

Back