Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drs with obsession of colons and breast. I go to eye dr and guess what!! colonosphny and mammogram. Then comes the speech which leads ro argument. If it ain't broke ,don't fix it. First thing they want to do is shake hands,roo. How about a big sloppy kiss while were at it.:ghostly:. I think I have good doctors now.New Eye dr could care less about my intestines or breast. Thank goodness!.:D. Little towns words in medical filed spreads like wildfire.

The word of the day “Resting!”

It started Tuesday afternoon when I went to Wally’s the second time to get dad a prescription for pain. When I got back I saw that 7, not 3 or 4, but 7 people had called dad to see how he was doing.

I listened to a few of the messages. Every one of these people knew dad had to be driven home sick and in pain from the hospital the night before. Every one of them knew I had to drive him back to the ER at 3am. At least 3 of them knew there was a problem getting him pain medication.

The picture… dad had a raging kidney infection, was in severe pain, had gotten little or no sleep in 30 plus hours… Yet all these people decided the best thing to do was CALL him to see how he was DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o_O

Was it idiot day and everyone forgot to tell me? When I got home with his meds the first thing I did after hearing a couple of the messages was unplug the phone!

Today… the 4th day into this health issue someone called dad’s hospital room (one of the people from Tuesday). I answered the phone. They repeatedly they asked in various ways… My replay was always the same… He’s resting!

They finally asked to speak with him… My reply… No, He’s resting! 5 times I had to tell this idiot “He’s Resting”! :waiting:

A little later while dad tried to eat lunch I walked down the hall to check on mom. I gave her the high lights of these idiots who don’t know how to care for someone who needs rest. I even gave her the name of the last moron who called.

Her… “You weren’t ugly to them, were you?” (she knows me ;))

Me… “If I wanted to be ugly I’d order them a “word of the day calendar” for next year… With the word “Resting” on every single day for the entire year!”

All those messages… several calls at the hospital these people would express the same sentiment “We were thinking of Mr. peanuts dad!”

Bull crap! If they were thinking of him they’d shut the F up and let the man REST! :blow up:

I feel better now!:)

Oh yeah ...land of stupids..
Crazy ain't it @Peanut , how people just don't think.:dunno:

I have already put the word out..
After surgery next Wednesday...nobody and I mean nobody is to call my wife or me..to check up on me.
She will be busy , keeping my ice packs coming and getting my urnal.
Keeping slobber off my chin :D

For 2 weeks I'll be a zombie .:confused:

Nobody for 2 weeks..:waiting:

I should be able to post , if I'm sober enough , and feel like it at my discretion......that's how that works.

Jim

@phideaux What annoyed me so much today about the last guy who called was a pastor of a church like my dad... He should know better!!!!!!!! He actually told me who he was as if that would change the fact dad was resting!:rolleyes:

Guess what I found in dad's room when I got back.... yet another pastor trying to have a conversation with dad as he tried to eat lunch.:waiting: I saw him enter as I stepped back into the hallway... he kept it under 1 minute. At least someone has sense.

Last edited:
Oh yeah ...land of stupids..
Crazy ain't it @Peanut , how people just don't think.:dunno:

I have already put the word out..
After surgery next Wednesday...nobody and I mean nobody is to call my wife or me..to check up on me.
She will be busy , keeping my ice packs coming and getting my urnal.
Keeping slobber off my chin :D

For 2 weeks I'll be a zombie .:confused:

Nobody for 2 weeks..:waiting:

I should be able to post , if I'm sober enough , and feel like it at my discretion......that's how that works.

Jim
I'm gunna call your grumpy butt daily until I know you are ok!lil loser

Never heard of such a thing. And I doubt any greedy politician would be willing to part with $1.
Back in the day small towns had the option of having thier own Justice of the Peace. Town police wrote the traffic ticket, town JP tried the case and the town pocketed 100% of the fine.

To prevent corruption at the local level the State outlawed JPs. Town traffic violators had to be summoned to City or County courts. City, county and State each got thier cut and the Towns got none. The Towns screamed loud and the law was changed to allow the Towns to receive a $1 per citation. This was back in the 1980s.

:mad: Well, that's it for my Acer laptop. Screen turned white/grey and never came back. Fortunately I was on it when it crapped out so I was able to screen cast to my television via muscle memory and lots of luck. So now I have a 65" 4K monitor until I turn the laptop off, then it's done for. At least through the TV I will be able to back it up to a USB hard drive (which I am doing now) and wipe the drive before I take it in for repairs. Something I will only be doing so I can sell it or gift it. My 11 year old has been asking for a laptop as the children's two 'homework computers' are getting harder and harder to schedule time for. Plus maybe I can get a deal on the repairs if I also buy a laptop from the computer repair shop.

Got off the phone with Acer, I am sending it in at my expense and they are going to "look at it". We'll see how that goes. I am using my wife's laptop right now and it's very weird as it has a different keyboard layout and trackpad than mine. I feeling like I am learning to type all over again.

Just get a cable and connect an external monitor.

That defeats the purpose of a laptop. I already have a desktop in the man cave, I use the laptop when I am on the go or wherever I can find a semi-quiet space inside the house.

Will be resetting my Acer laptop to factory settings.
Then will be sending it in for repairs for cracked screen without the password.
Have no clue why they need(demand) my password to take screen off and replace it.
But they aren't getting it.
Have backed up everything off Acer laptop onto flash drives.
But got new laptop now.
Desk top is about the crap out too.
But just play games on desk top.
Acer is repairing old laptop on their dime, it's still under warrenty.
Didn't replace old Acer laptop with new Acer laptop.
Got Samsung instead.

Went to a cookout last night and is say 60% of the adults were taking pictures of the food (cooked and raw) to post online. I just don't get it. What's the point?

Did you know one of the most lucrative types of videos on YouTube are called muckbang? They are videos of people doing nothing but eating. Millions of people watch these videos every day making their creators a lot of money. This just proves that people today need to get outside and do something. They are so mentally and physically bored that even mundane stupid things have become entertaining. Like taking pictures of their food.

Maybe people watching cat videos are a step up from watching the people eating videos?
I like youtube. Now that I'm home during the day, I turn something on to listen to while I'm working on something. But I like the stuff I don't have to watch, just listen. Sometimes it's just music, but sometimes commentary. Prepper stuff, homemaking stuff like Lydia Sherman, or the Revolting Woman.
Couldn't imagine watching someone eat.

Maybe people watching cat videos are a step up from watching the people eating videos?
I like youtube. Now that I'm home during the day, I turn something on to listen to while I'm working on something. But I like the stuff I don't have to watch, just listen. Sometimes it's just music, but sometimes commentary. Prepper stuff, homemaking stuff like Lydia Sherman, or the Revolting Woman.
Couldn't imagine watching someone eat.

And you are of course aware that YouTube is doing its considerable best to 'watch' you.

At Walmart this morning picking up a couple things for Mrs t2. Took longer to get through the self checkout line than it took to find the 2 items. Most of the people in front of me had a full shopping cart and needed help from customer service every few items. Seems like there outa be a limit on how many items you can get in that line with. Just sayin’...

At Walmart this morning picking up a couple things for Mrs t2. Took longer to get through the self-checkout line than it took to find the 2 items. Most of the people in front of me had a full shopping cart and needed help from customer service every few items. Seems like there outa be a limit on how many items you can get in that line with. Just sayin’...
Better get used to it. More and more places are converting to self-checkout.
It's much cheaper and easier to have a self-check system instead of paying a $15 minimum wage employ.
The local Walmart put in a bunch of self-check stands. Then they realized people weren't scanning everything so they installed a walk through gate with detectors and put an employ at the door checking receipts.
I saw a demonstration of a system that scanned everything in the cart at 1 time. Everything had an RFID tag and the entire cart was rang up without removing any item from the cart. The whole process took seconds.
Once there is a reliable and accurate system in place retailers can eliminate 99% of their employs.
With online ordering, they may not even have to allow the public into the building. Place your order online and pay for your stuff, text the store your arrival time, someone will bring your stuff out to your car and you are done. That's what happens at Walmart now, even in the small town I live in. I was surprised when I went to Walmart and saw all the parking places reserved for online order pickup. My wife tells me there are a lot of people using them so I guess it's getting to be the normal way to shop. When Amazon starts opening places like that the end of retail as we know it is over.

At Walmart this morning picking up a couple things for Mrs t2. Took longer to get through the self checkout line than it took to find the 2 items. Most of the people in front of me had a full shopping cart and needed help from customer service every few items. Seems like there outa be a limit on how many items you can get in that line with. Just sayin’...
Answer=Don't go to Squalmart for a couple of items.
The 58 cents you save verses the dollar store just ain't worth itdead horse

Better get used to it. More and more places are converting to self-checkout.
It's much cheaper and easier to have a self-check system instead of paying a $15 minimum wage employ.
The local Walmart put in a bunch of self-check stands. Then they realized people weren't scanning everything so they installed a walk through gate with detectors and put an employ at the door checking receipts.
I saw a demonstration of a system that scanned everything in the cart at 1 time. Everything had an RFID tag and the entire cart was rang up without removing any item from the cart. The whole process took seconds.
Once there is a reliable and accurate system in place retailers can eliminate 99% of their employs.
With online ordering, they may not even have to allow the public into the building. Place your order online and pay for your stuff, text the store your arrival time, someone will bring your stuff out to your car and you are done. That's what happens at Walmart now, even in the small town I live in. I was surprised when I went to Walmart and saw all the parking places reserved for online order pickup. My wife tells me there are a lot of people using them so I guess it's getting to be the normal way to shop. When Amazon starts opening places like that the end of retail as we know it is over.

Sadly, you’re probably right...

Answer=Don't go to Squalmart for a couple of items.
The 58 cents you save verses the dollar store just ain't worth itdead horse

Agreed! Unfortunately for me she sent me for a couple of “Great Value” items... :(

Last edited:
Agreed! Unfortunately for me she sent me for a couple of “Great Value” items... :(
Likely you'll find you actually are buying an inferior item for more money.
What you don't see is the 10 special-ED graduates in the back of the store that you are paying the salary of that take 20 minutes to get all of those pesky vegetable cans out of a single case box.
Don't go back thru the swinging doors:eek:.
I'm all for helping the 'special people' but they ain't workin' on my car either.:rolleyes:

Did you know one of the most lucrative types of videos on YouTube are called muckbang? They are videos of people doing nothing but eating. Millions of people watch these videos every day making their creators a lot of money. This just proves that people today need to get outside and do something. They are so mentally and physically bored that even mundane stupid things have become entertaining. Like taking pictures of their food.

I don't get those either. A video of HOW to cook the food or like Hashbrown does with a quick hey look how beautiful it is here and I'm going to tease you with our breakfast I get. Just pictures of raw steaks? I guess I'm old....

Likely you'll find you actually are buying an inferior item for more money.
What you don't see is the 10 special-ED graduates in the back of the store that you are paying the salary of that take 20 minutes to get all of those pesky vegetable cans out of a single case box.
Don't go back thru the swinging doors:eek:.
I'm all for helping the 'special people' but they ain't workin' on my car either.:rolleyes:

No worries there bud, only household items...

Problem...
Our waitress at the local restaurant is a good family friend. Not family just close friend of family.

That right there is a problem , because she always makes sure she gets us as her table.

Other problem is that she is an airhead , and never gets out order right.

Ok, sometimes we mention litt things like , " this tea is too sweet," when it's supposed to be unsweetened tea.
But, it's bigger than that .. sometimes it's just the wrong order.

Looks like we gonna quit going there until she leaves there.

Delima:dunno:

Jim

Problem...
Our waitress at the local restaurant is a good family friend. Not family just close friend of family.

That right there is a problem , because she always makes sure she gets us as her table.

Other problem is that she is an airhead , and never gets out order right.

Ok, sometimes we mention litt things like , " this tea is too sweet," when it's supposed to be unsweetened tea.
But, it's bigger than that .. sometimes it's just the wrong order.

Looks like we gonna quit going there until she leaves there.

Delima:dunno:

Jim

That is a dilemma. I can see just going somewhere else to eat being the least invasive of all options, but even that can lead to hard feelings when she realizes you are not coming around anymore. Personally I would just send back everything that's wrong. The place is still a business and as a paying customer you should get what you pay for. I would be as polite and courteous as possible in the process, but also hopeful that the process would perhaps help train the family friend to be more cognizant of getting your order correct in the first place.

We , or at least I can tell, she gets very complacent, and isn't even listening when we order,.
She's too busy talking about family things , and ain't paying attention.

I'm bettin she is not doing that with other customers, because they would complain and she wouldn't last long
She's been there a year.

I may in a joking way just say " hey sweet pea you ain't listening these days , how'd I end up with somebody else's order"...
:dunno:

Jim

Y'all know I've spent 2 visits to the hospital in this year . 2 surgeries.

My surgeon is a great guy , will talk as long as you want, all his staff is great..we joke and pick at each other, try to make the best of a not so good situation.

Then the bomb fell last night at shift change..7 pm .
In comes the nurse from hell.
40 ish years old , with an attitude and a chip on her shoulder.
She is the BOSS, and she goes by the rules and by God I am too . We had a few little words ..then I shut up and waited her out.
She will be leaving in about 4 min.

I just got a report from the CT scan , everything is perfect .

Why do some people just have to be a$$holes. She ruined my visit.

Jim

Back