Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:huh: Daylight,Dark, Black and white, .Unlike that tyrant I have to live with myself,straight.Only a beer now and then.She is wired up on some strong crap!.
That's true about her, which is why we need change! It was just for fun, guys, yall, folks, peeps.
In a video I tried to watch of her yesterday, I think it was on *** book, she was all choppy, I could NOT follow what the Hell she was trying to say. Like someone had taken bits and pieces of a book and cut and pasted them together. She is a freaking lunatic.
Surely you would do better than that, and I won't call you Shirley.

Last fall I talked with the wife about how we should be making our funeral arrangements and prepaying for them.

She wants to be buried in the same city cemetery as her abusive father. I was thinking the country cemetery that has two generations of my family. This item was tabled.

Next item was what funeral home? She wants ABC and I would go with whichever had the best price. Yesterday I stopped at ABC funeral home, talked to them about options and prices.

This morning wife sees the ABC funeral home brochure on the kitchen desk. She wants to know what the brochure is for. As I start to reminder her of our previous fall conversation she cuts me off. Why did I choose ABC funeral home? She has a distant family member that has a funeral home in a different town, we should use him.

And no she isn't a blonde...

Last edited:
Last fall I talked with the wife about how we should be making our funeral arrangements and prepaying for them.

She wants to be buried in the same city cemetery as her abusive father. I was thinking the country cemetery that has two generations of my family. This item was tabled.

Next item was what funeral home? She wants ABC and I would go with whichever had the best price. Yesterday I stopped at ABC funeral home, talked to them about options and prices.

This morning wife sees the ABC funeral home brochure on the kitchen desk. She wants to know what the brochure is for. As I start to reminder her of our previous fall conversation she cuts me off. Why did I choose ABC funeral home? She has a distance family member that has a funeral home in a different town, we should use him.

And no she isn't a blonde...
Maybe it would help if she bleached her hair?:thumbs:

My rant today is about people bringing their kids to the store when people are supposed to be staying at home. No masks, little supervision, kids putting hands in their mouths & touching things. Kids bumping in to people & running amok. People letting their kids run amok without even trying to keep them under control is another one of my pet peeves, but during a pandemic, it's extra crappy. I know they can't leave the crotch goblins in the car like my mom used to do with us when we were little, but there must be some better solution than the entire family coming in to the store. It just increases the chance of them getting sick or of them spreading the virus if they are carrying it.

My rant today is about people bringing their kids to the store when people are supposed to be staying at home. No masks, little supervision, kids putting hands in their mouths & touching things. Kids bumping in to people & running amok. People letting their kids run amok without even trying to keep them under control is another one of my pet peeves, but during a pandemic, it's extra crappy. I know they can't leave the crotch goblins in the car like my mom used to do with us when we were little, but there must be some better solution than the entire family coming in to the store. It just increases the chance of them getting sick or of them spreading the virus if they are carrying it.
Whatever the parent's belief and/or intent, it boils down to stupid.

Has anyone here known someone who died from this flu? I haven't, not one. I've only heard of one infant who died nation wide in a news story no one else reported. The two people I know who actually had it recovered without issue. I'm starting to think this isn't anymore serious than the regular flu...

For a month now I've been reading about death numbers being padded to make it look worse than it is, especially in New York, Chicago and other democrat bastions. If that be true then the real danger is over reaching governors, not the folks protesting them.

Since there is conflicting information I guess we'll have to wait to see what the real numbers actually are. I certainly don't believe the mainstream media. They are trying their hearts out to make it look terrible, anything to make trump look bad before the fall election.

Before we have the real verifiable data... I'm not in a rush to judge either side in this matter..

Yes. A local lady died from this corona virus. She worked at the store across from our school.

Cinco de May is not another country's holiday, it was essentially created in America to sell beer. However If it wasn't for the foundation of this holiday most forum members would be saying the creed of the confederacy instead of the pledge of allegiance. Furthermore Old Glory would likely not be flying over this nation. I will proudly celebrate every aspect of the rich history & heritage of the USA. Whether it was the Mexican army saving us from a French invasion, the Russians pushing us into space, or the German's developing most of our technological advancements.
Growing up on the southern border we had to learn about the Mexican holidays. Cinco de Mayo celebrates the Mexican army's 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War.

Growing up on the southern border we had to learn about the Mexican holidays. Cinco de Mayo celebrates the Mexican army's 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War.
Were there multiple Franco-Mexican wars? Pancho Villa was a commander in the war that defeated Maximilian, but that must have way later than 1862.

Were there multiple Franco-Mexican wars? Pancho Villa was a commander in the war that defeated Maximilian, but that must have way later than 1862.

Pancho Villa was later, an attempted coup against the Mexican president. My Great Grandfather was at the Army base near Columbus, NM in 1916 (I think) when Villa attacked it and was with General Pershing when the army started hunting for him.

Pancho Villa was later, an attempted coup against the Mexican president. My Great Grandfather was at the Army base near Columbus, NM in 1916 (I think) when Villa attacked it and was with General Pershing when the army started hunting for him.
Ah so. I've noticed recently that my mind's trek south toward the proverbial farm is gathering speed. Forgetting more stuff, and what I do 'remember' is getting bent. Ah well, it's been interesting.

Ah so. I've noticed recently that my mind's trek south toward the proverbial farm is gathering speed. Forgetting more stuff, and what I do 'remember' is getting bent. Ah well, it's been interesting.

VThil, Thats when you improvise or thats what I do. Plus accentuate the positive,latch on to the affirmative,,lol.
Don't say you can't hear it, you can sing it and then hear it,heck I can't see good who the actors are halfthe time, but I still watch movies,lol.

Mothers Day! When did it become a day that everyone celebrated ,it use to be a day to thank your own mother not every mothers on earrh. Since when did your wife, daughter,aunt,cousin, friend become a special mother to you?
It takes away from your mother when she is no more special than any othe mother on this day.

It is not personal anymore or special day for your mother if its not personal!
I get up to a phone call [ that puts me on hold while the toons answer calls wishinh them happy mothers day when its not their mother ] a FakeBook Happy Mothers Day that alway turns into a free for all for everyone on the post to start wishing each other Happy mothers day,how many damn mothers can you possibly have?
Its more like the other mothers than yours. I almost put up a cuss word for it.
Then daughter gets mad if I tell her to call me after she wishes all her friends happy mothers day while I sit on hold and listen to damn texting, talking,etc,etc,etc,.
Hubby gets up and wishes me happy mothers day on faakebook so another celebration I'm not even half ass involved in.
I sa Mothers Day is now MF Day.

@VThillman If I remember correctly you have trouble with your hearing,so here is one I celebtate Mothers Day to today with LTRICS so you can 'listen.Do you remeber th song?:D

Latest posts

Back