Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Punctuality is a hot button for me as well. When I am going to an appointment or going to work, if I am not 15 minutes early I consider myself late. When going to someone's house I try to hit it right on the number.

I have known people, and sadly, we have some very close friends who are chronically late. They are NEVER on time. Doesn't matter what time of day or what day of the week the event is scheduled. IMHO that is just plain rude. It is a slap in the face that says you are not important. Everybody has a faux pas once in a while. To be late on every occasion is rude.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does it seem when you have an appointment, you always hit the red lights & get stuck behind people who decide they just have to drive under speed limit in the fast lane? LOL.

I was trying to get to an appointment one day & a van was stopped at a red light. It turned green & they didn't go. Sat there until it turned red again. It was a no passing area. The next time the light turned green, they sat there again. I waited about 15 seconds & honked. They didn't budge in the next 5 seconds so I just laid on the horn until they moved. They flipped me off, but they were basically parked at a light when all they had to do was move less than 10ft around the corner to get into a parking spot.

Is it just me, or does it seem when you have an appointment, you always hit the red lights & get stuck behind people who decide they just have to drive under speed limit in the fast lane? LOL.

I was trying to get to an appointment one day & a van was stopped at a red light. It turned green & they didn't go. Sat there until it turned red again. It was a no passing area. The next time the light turned green, they sat there again. I waited about 15 seconds & honked. They didn't budge in the next 5 seconds so I just laid on the horn until they moved. They flipped me off, but they were basically parked at a light when all they had to do was move less than 10ft around the corner to get into a parking spot.

You were a lot more patient than I would have been. I would have been laying on the horn when the light changed the first time

You know that is the definition of a New York second. The time it takes for the light to change, and the guy behind you to start honking his horn. Scientists have not been able to measure it because it is so short.

Wife: Where was you!
Me: I ran into town quick to get...
Wife: You didn't tell me you were leaving!?!?!?

Me: I call an Internet store to see if they had the color the wife wanted. Wife's color is listed but not on the drop down box. Yes I could order the color the wife wanted. Went upstairs to tell the wife the good news, no wife. I look on the second floor, no wife. Maybe she's outside watering flowers, no wife. I look in the garage, the car is gone. Wonder why she didn't tell me that she was leaving as she expects me to do?

Wife: Why didn't you call to tell me you were going to be home late!
Me: I told you if I wasn't home by 6 eat without me...

Me: Wife usually gets home around 5 PM, it is now 7 PM. I fix my own supper.
Wife: Gets home at 7:30 PM and is upset because I didn't wait to eat with her.
Me: Why didn't you call to tell me your were going to be late like you want me to do?
Wife: She didn't realize how late it was.

Wife: Where was you!
Me: I ran into town quick to get...
Wife: You didn't tell me you were leaving!?!?!?

Me: I call an Internet store to see if they had the color the wife wanted. Wife's color is listed but not on the drop down box. Yes I could order the color the wife wanted. Went upstairs to tell the wife the good news, no wife. I look on the second floor, no wife. Maybe she's outside watering flowers, no wife. I look in the garage, the car is gone. Wonder why she didn't tell me that she was leaving as she expects me to do?

Wife: Why didn't you call to tell me you were going to be home late!
Me: I told you if I wasn't home by 6 eat without me...

Me: Wife usually gets home around 5 PM, it is now 7 PM. I fix my own supper.
Wife: Gets home at 7:30 PM and is upset because I didn't wait to eat with her.
Me: Why didn't you call to tell me your were going to be late like you want me to do?
Wife: She didn't realize how late it was.

You were a lot more patient than I would have been. I would have been laying on the horn when the light changed the first time

You know that is the definition of a New York second. The time it takes for the light to change, and the guy behind you to start honking his horn. Scientists have not been able to measure it because it is so short.
That also describes the Mexico City second. In small towns it's only slightly longer. That way back in the 80s anyway.

Called the bank to report some charges on our account that aren't ours. 6 $90 to $100 charges at 2 gas stations in Midland and Odessa TX. The girl on the phone.... I gave up. I'll call back tomorrow morning when I can get someone in English or Spanish.

Called the bank to report some charges on our account that aren't ours. 6 $90 to $100 charges at 2 gas stations in Midland and Odessa TX. The girl on the phone.... I gave up. I'll call back tomorrow morning when I can get someone in English or Spanish.
You could actually just hang up and call right back and you'll get someone else.

You could actually just hang up and call right back and you'll get someone else.

Did that twice. We could understand the second one well enough but our internet went out for a few minutes and cut us off. (Cell phone booster uses Wi-Fi). The 3rd was worse than the first.

LOL. I may have waited to lay on the horn but I was swearing a blue streak at them. I generally like to swear at people and call them names from inside my car even if they aren't doing anything wrong. I do it just for fun.
But I'm often lamenting people being out of blinker fluid. :p

Terri, I hate when tech support or customer service is barely audible & then you get someone who barely speaks English & only knows how to read from a script. When I had Hughesnet I would be on the phone for long periods of time (and I HATE talking on the phone) trying to explain simple concepts. One time in a freak accident, my cat knocked my glass of milk off my desk. It fell, hit my knee, bounced & landed on top of the modem where it shattered. Smoke came out, I smelled shorted wires, & the internet stopped working. So, I called to try to ask how to order a new modem. They wanted to walk me through all the troubleshooting steps that take over 15 minutes. I kept repeating to the lady in New Delhi that I knew what was wrong. Took 2 hours before she finally got it and hooked me up w/ someone to order a new modem. To make a long story short about another experience with Hughesnet, they had a system where if you went over your daily bandwidth limit of 200Mb (not even joking, it was that low) they would throttle the internet to 0 so it couldn't work for the next 26 hours (was suppose to be 24 hours but took 26 hours). They had a "free uncap" token you could use once per month to restore your bandwidth but the kicker was, you had to use the internet to load their webpage to use it. But since they throttled at 0bps it was impossible to load their webpage. I knew from past experience that they were able to apply the tokens themselves so I called to get that done. They refused to let me speak to advanced tech support bc I was under their throttle, they refused to let me speak to a manager. I had to hang up a few times & get someone else but it still took 3 hours to get someone to understand what the problem was. I had issues with their "service" because it would say I was using 5Mb an hour when my modem was unplugged. Something they didn't tell me was that we had a virtual bucket of data & the data only refilled when the modem was on. So if the power went out it would not refill the virtual bucket. It was a horrible system. Now they have monthly limits but they still have CS in India. My current ISP has US tech support.

I'm hoping some day they will get rid of those limits or we could get alternative internet out here.

Hashtag firstworldproblems. LOL.

Had a phone call today from a woman with some kind of accent (wasn't Indian) asking for someone with my first name (didn't say last name). I asked her what the surname was of the person she was seeking. She said my surname & then I asked her who she was & she refused to answer so I hung up. I never say "Yes" to those calls bc there's a scam where they record you saying the world "yes" and then splice it w/ other audio to make it sound like you agreed to something. Started getting alleged collection calls but I have no outstanding debts so I know it's a scam.

I just burned my hand! ugh so mad at myself.
SOMEHOW a plastic cap from out of nowhere fell into the bottom of the oven when I opened it to make cookies. Started smoking and melting so I use tongs to remove it only the stringy part falls on my hand and ring finger.
I screamed ran to the sink and ran cold water over it for about 45 seconds. Ripped off my wedding ring which I've had on for 40 years. Had to clean up the melted plastic because it was still smoking and stinking.
Finally got that done. Did finish making the cookies
Now I have aloe vera gel with lidocaine in on my finger

It hurts to high heaven.
And I'm telling you that cap came out of nowhere. There was nothing on the counters next to the stove.

I'm trying to figure out how to make supper with only and half hands. We may be looking at takeout lol

Hubby is bringing home some silver sulfadiazine cream he says. I've never heard of it lol

I just burned my hand! ugh so mad at myself.
SOMEHOW a plastic cap from out of nowhere fell into the bottom of the oven when I opened it to make cookies. Started smoking and melting so I use tongs to remove it only the stringy part falls on my hand and ring finger.
I screamed ran to the sink and ran cold water over it for about 45 seconds. Ripped off my wedding ring which I've had on for 40 years. Had to clean up the melted plastic because it was still smoking and stinking.
Finally got that done. Did finish making the cookies
Now I have aloe vera gel with lidocaine in on my finger

It hurts to high heaven.
And I'm telling you that cap came out of nowhere. There was nothing on the counters next to the stove.

I'm trying to figure out how to make supper with only and half hands. We may be looking at takeout lol

Hubby is bringing home some silver sulfadiazine cream he says. I've never heard of it lol

I've heard it works good but neve tried it.

That's what was used on my daughters arm when she burned it. The hospital gave it to us and her Dr used it every day when changing bandages.

That's what was used on my daughters arm when she burned it. The hospital gave it to us and her Dr used it every day when changing bandages.
Well hubby works at the hospital so maybe thats where he's getting it at. Hope it works. I have second degree burns on the ring finger and one place on my palm and first degree burn on my pinky finger

We are selling our 5th wheel RV our former home of 4 years. We needed to move it 50 feet from under the cover clean the outside e.t.c. We no longer have a means to move it. Found a fella down the road who was going to move it at 8 am. Dude showed up at 10:30 drunk. Yep he was fired. My former neighbor did it this afternoon. I guess I forgot he was still around.

Sorry about that burn WV. Having a burn at a joint is a painful spot and more difficult to heal.:( I used to use the silvadine with some deep wounds and on severe burns when I worked at the hospital. Hopefully it'll work for you. Once the wound healed over with some new tissue, we stopped it's use.

My rant:
I am about due to renew my homeowners insurance and glanced thru that renewal package today. Geesh.....there's more crap in there that states what it doesn't cover than what it does. I think it would be way less paper for them to send a policy stating what they actually DO cover. At least there isn't an increase this year. We have tons of discounts and haven't had a claim in 25 years. I think we are a pretty good risk. In addition, we don't turn anything in unless it's BIG. I hate paying insurance premiums! On a side note, I know a business owner got an adendum to their new policy that excludes any virus or bacteria type of claim. Really? :rolleyes: It sure didn't take the insurance companies long to duck under the CV craze now did it?

Last edited:
As some of you Know my mother pasted in April 2020.
I went to probate today, because no will & everyone thinks I know what to do or just wants someone to do it.
I told DW & she said when are WE leaving to go( two towns over 25 miles).
They told me what to bring & to wear a mask, leave weapons & cell in car.
I got out DW says"I will be back in 30 min." red flag, but my mind was on probate.
I am out in the early morning heat for 2 1/2 hour, then DW show up.
First 30 min in the wainting I want to kill her, then I worried my baby, the truck was broke, then I said no she would have had someone come get me.
OGod, my other Baby(DW) is hurt & bad, cause she would have called Probate with my cell, which she still had.
Then they both showed up fine they had been shoppinng without my phone.

Then they both showed up fine they had been shoppinng without my phone.
How incredibly rude, especially considering the circumstances. I hope you told her what kind of nightmares were going thru your mind. I can not even imagine doing that to my DH, or anyone else for that matter. Wow! I wonder how she would feel if you did that to her?

Well, she been very apologetic & next time I know I will be somewhere I have to leave my weapons & cell in the car, I will go alone.
I only took her so not to hurt her feeling, next time I will just not tell her & save us both the trouble.

Those who’ve known me for a while know what we went through with our first new tractor several years ago. Well our second tractor that was swapped for the 1st after almost 2 years of drama is now headed for a shop. I’m just going to say that I regret daily ever buying this tractor. Still have just under two years until it’s paid off. Only 200 hours on the new one and already broke down. Supposedly bad sensors and bad computers. Supposedly covered under the warranty. Wonder how much damage It will receive before it’s returned. Thinking maybe buying bubble wrap and wrapping it before they touch it.:mad:dead horse

Those who’ve known me for a while know what we went through with our first new tractor several years ago. Well our second tractor that was swapped for the 1st after almost 2 years of drama is now headed for a shop. I’m just going to say that I regret daily ever buying this tractor. Still have just under two years until it’s paid off. Only 200 hours on the new one and already broke down. Supposedly bad sensors and bad computers. Supposedly covered under the warranty. Wonder how much damage It will receive before it’s returned. Thinking maybe buying bubble wrap and wrapping it before they touch it.:mad:dead horse

I traded the first tractor in because it leaked oil constantly and they couldn't seem to fix it. I wasn't going to wait for the warranty to expire and I learned that more HP would be good. The next tractor has been wonderful. My neighbor bought a new tractor and something is always wrong.

I have heard enough of these stories that I am buying a trailer to haul my baby across Canada. The cost of trailers is pretty low right now and less than the hit I will take selling the tractor and trying to buy another second hand one over there. Where I am going, I need a tractor.

Latest posts

Back