Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those who’ve known me for a while know what we went through with our first new tractor several years ago. Well our second tractor that was swapped for the 1st after almost 2 years of drama is now headed for a shop. I’m just going to say that I regret daily ever buying this tractor. Still have just under two years until it’s paid off. Only 200 hours on the new one and already broke down. Supposedly bad sensors and bad computers. Supposedly covered under the warranty. Wonder how much damage It will receive before it’s returned. Thinking maybe buying bubble wrap and wrapping it before they touch it.:mad:dead horse

I remember your first one well, and the hell you went thru.
Hate to hear your having problems with this one.

Jim

I got my L4701 Kubota tractor with Frontend loader/backhoe, 72"tiller. 78" boxblade,72" rear rotary cutter(bush Hog).
May go back & get the pallet fork later, no cab.
I dug up a few stumps, after the guy left & called it a day.

I remember your first one well, and the hell you went thru.
Hate to hear your having problems with this one.

Jim
Ya it was rough and I probably wouldn’t have survived it had I not had my Mod partner in crime :huggs: .
I’m pretty disappointed once again. I just can’t figure out how to get out from under this company/the tractor. Sigh

Ya it was rough and I probably wouldn’t have survived it had I not had my Mod partner in crime :huggs: .
I’m pretty disappointed once again. I just can’t figure out how to get out from under this company/the tractor. Sigh

Just hang tough.
Don't let them win.

Another bump in n the road of life. Cross it and keep on trucking, ain't worth losing your health or happiness over.

Jim

Moved from COVID humor because I was going way off-topic.

I do not watch the local news. It's nothing but COVID 19 and we are all going to die if we don't follow the idiot Governors orders and wear a mask at all times and now even in our own homes.
As far as the weather. I get more accurate forecasts online. The 1 local station breaks their weather forecast into several 1 or 2-minute segments spread out over the half-hour broadcast. Just tell me the weather and go away.
I'm with you on having a DVR. I don't watch much TV and what I do watch is recorded.
I don't subscribe to any newspapers either. I scan their web sites and that's about it. I get my news from multiple online sources. I used to go to Drudge but he has gone over to the dark side and is now all about bashing Trump.

Found out that the manufacturer of our tractor doesn’t have any trusted shops who can work on our tractor anywhere around here anymore. It’s going to go 4 hours away. The only good news about that is I’ve dealt with the owner of this shop and his staff and was very happy with the experience. The owner takes care of business and has a good reputation to keep. This shop is the one that gets the tractors off the boat and puts them together. In theory if it survives transport there and back it should be taken care of and I can trust that it’s fixed and fixed right. Last time the tractor was hauled to a shop the driver took my tractor home for the weekend and no one cared. So right at the moment transport is up in the air. The shop is seeing what the manufacture will cover under the warranty.
deep breath
deep breath
It will be ok and the tractor will be better for it......

Term life insurance junk mail from AARP and I'm not even old enough.

Back in the day my mother-in-law had purchased some of their financial instruments with AARP, she had been telling me how much she was earning, one day she let me look at a statement: She was earning good money...... say X% but when you looked closer and saw the Fees 2X%, she was actually losing money every month!!! couldn't get her to realize you have to read the whole document to understand the bottom line. She was a democrat....

As for AARP - I personally don't trust them, I think they spend most of their money doing advertising to get the rest of my money.....

AARP is an insurance company. They do not exist to support or help Senior Citizens. They are a big supporter of Obama care because they made a lot of money from it.
Some decades ago the AARP acted somewhat as an advocate for the aged. Their commercial base gradually became more dominant, and then they expressed support for 'gun control'. Nuff said.

They get loads of Fed. money, to lower the insurance rates for 65 old Seniors, they get way more than they need & just like PPH, they support DEMS, to keep the money flowing.

Sorry I haven't been posting. Broke a tooth trying to dislodge a piece of popcorn shell from my gums. It was my very back molar on the outside up against the gums. Must have already been weakened. A filling fell out of the 2nd molar right next to it & nerves re exposed. I called local dentists & was told I couldn't get an appointment until September. But then my friend found an urgent dentist out of town that I took him to & they were willing to take a look. Said I need a root canal on one and removal of the other. They gave me a referral & I got a prescription for some Tramadol (pharmacy gave me hell trying to fill & pick it up & it isn't very effective and takes about 4 to 6 hours to even start working). Earliest they could schedule me for root canal is the 14th & it's going to be expensive. All of the dental plans available in my area have an annual cap to make it not worth getting bc the cap is lower than the cost of one root canal.

One of my gripes: My family members have a genetically high resistance to pain meds & anesthesia. Stuff takes longer to kick in & a lot of stuff doesn't even work. I also have an adverse reaction to Valium (it makes me extremely agitated) and Vicodin does nothing. Naproxyn works but I have to take high doses. I had to take 6 of the 500mg capsules to reduce the tooth pain when it got really bad. Got in to see my doctor & he prescribed the Tramadol, but it doesn't work on it's own. I have to take Naproxyn with it & it takes forever to kick in. They only gave me enough to last a week but the root canal was about 2 weeks off from the day I got the scrip so I'm having to stretch it out. I'm supposed to be able to take 1 every 4 hours "as needed" but I'm stretching it 6 to 14 hours so far. I just have to refrain from eating & sleep through it. I guess because so many people abuse painkillers, I had to jump through hoops to get my prescription filled in the first place-- and I had really needed it at the time I was trying to get it filled so I was aggravated. My brother decided to go and eat most of the chicken noodle soup so we're out and that was one of the few things I could eat. I'm going to have to get more sometime this week.

Meanwhile, the pressure switch on my jet pump has been chattering & the pump keeps shutting off. It had first only been shutting off with large water usage (everytime someone was doing laundry). Cut off in the middle of wash cycle. Now it randomly shuts off for no apparent reason. Went to brush my teeth & do the hydrogen peroxide rinse but the water was off. I've been taking a flashlight and going out in the dark to turn it back on but last night I wasn't up to it so I waited until morning. The power for the pressure switch connects to the D-Box on the float lever for the cistern. I'm not certain, but it looks like one of the wires on the D-Box is rusted. The installer forgot to put the cover over the D-Box when he did the wiring & it doesn't want to go on. My certified electrician friend is going to take a look at some point-- I just have to figure out when to bring him out. His car can't handle this road.

Dragonlady, I hope your burn heals quickly.

Saw today that the Chicago Police Department is going to start arresting looters, lot if good that will do, with no-bail releases, politicals dropping all charges against protesters (rioters n looters, and yes I did mix Portland and Chicago actions together, apples and oranges) what good will it do to arrest them.

Now if you treated them like the russian soldiers who were retreating in the movie "Enemy at the gates", you can bet the rioting would end.....

Sorry, I am just an intolerant type of guy,

looter with a molotov cocktail - wait for them to try to light it then shoot the bottle - hot times

Tractors been done since last week but they “can’t find a truck to haul it back” because it’s only 1 tractor so it’s sitting at the dealer still. When I called for an update the lady got kind of nasty with me. Apparently I shouldn’t have called to ask how it was going. It had been almost a week since I’d heard anything and they had said it should be done the week before so thought I’d check on the status. Shame on me i guess. So we’re just sitting around waiting for them to ship it back. Works piling up for it. grrrrrrr

Double R, sorry for your trouble.
I just got my new Kubota L4701 & they delivered it on a slide back tow truck & another SB truck carried the bush hog,rear tiller & box blade.
I was shocked, but the backhoe & frontend loader on the tractor & it was no problem.
My point is you maybe able to get a tow truck to haul it for you, cheaper than the company that repaired it.

Double R, sorry for your trouble.
I just got my new Kubota L4701 & they delivered it on a slide back tow truck & another SB truck carried the bush hog,rear tiller & box blade.
I was shocked, but the backhoe & frontend loader on the tractor & it was no problem.
My point is you maybe able to get a tow truck to haul it for you, cheaper than the company that repaired it.
Thanks. Congratulations on the new Bota! I’ve disked a lot of fields on a bota. Great tractors.
Our tractor is over 4 hours away and all covered under warranty including transport since they don’t have anyone close anymore who can work on it because of its size and this breakdown was part of a campaign they have going.
It’s pretty big for a tow truck although our last one was hauled on one but not sure that was a legal haul. It’s pretty tall.

Most all tractors around here are delivered on Roll Backs around here. Well at least most except for the biggies, but farms around here are smaller and not a lot of Biggies are used around here.
Ours is pretty big.
7E500510-F535-432E-9234-5CCCF4D3AB4D.jpeg

Latest posts

Back