Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Discussion in 'Front Porch Chat' started by phideaux, Jan 11, 2018.

Help Support Homesteading Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. May 1, 2018 #241

gumpy

gumpy

gumpy

Awesome Friend Neighbor Contributor

Then maybe not!!

2. May 1, 2018 #242

Meerkat

Meerkat

Meerkat

Yep.

MoBookworm1957 and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. May 1, 2018 #243

Justin76

Justin76

Justin76

New update in the Saga of the Salt episodes....

My reply below,

""""You sir, are a buffoon and an ignoramus!

I was asked not to reply to your previous email, but now I feel compelled by your lack of common sense and the fact that you do not seem to be able to let something go.

Someone with a basic education, which I assume you do based on your petty use of NaCl in your previous emails, would know that coffee and the caffeine it contains is a diuretic and to be blunt…..will make you piss and dehydrate you.

So by you asking me if we put SALT in our coffee, proves you are an idiot.

You had 5 cups of coffee over a 2 hour period, did it occur to you that the above might happen? Did you bother to drink any water? Juice? Anything else throughout the day?

Also, you claim you had 4 hours of sleep the night before, and then had the stated 5 cups of coffee?

So being tired and pounding coffees wouldn’t make you thirsty? It’s supposed to rejuvenate you and keep you fully hydrated through the day?

Instead, you jump to conclusions and automatically assume, that it’s my breakfast chefs cooking (who may or may not be “Cantonese” ) and over use of salt that made you thirsty throughout the day.

Please, move on, and stop harassing me, it’s starting to feel like it’s borderline stalking and is a little creepy coming from a man in his late 60’s.

Good day""""

4. May 1, 2018 #244

gumpy

gumpy

gumpy

Bound to be a classic!

5. May 12, 2018 #245

Patchouli

Patchouli

Patchouli

Patriot Neighbor Contributor

Grumble grumble. Gripe. Enthusiastic disagreement. Selfish. Rude. Bossy. Control freak. Manipulative. Egotistical. Judgmental.
    :fun fun::brewing::pickup:

6. May 12, 2018 #246

GrannyG

GrannyG

GrannyG

Having ceiling put up in craft building...has been three weeks now....pulling my hair out....new guys came today to fix it....having to buy all new supplies as the other was cut wrong and cannot be used...

7. May 12, 2018 #247

Patchouli

Patchouli

Patchouli

That part is finished. Sigh of relief. Take a breather.

8. May 16, 2018 #248

gumpy

gumpy

gumpy

My wife? I'd take a bullet for her but that's her! Lol

9. May 16, 2018 #249

Meerkat

Meerkat

Meerkat

I hope it is a temporary condition for both of y'all. Sometimes I feel the same way about hubby. And I bet he thinks the same about me. I'm still praying for y'all Gump. Whatever is best of course.:huggs:

10. May 16, 2018 #250

Patchouli

Patchouli

Patchouli

No, it wasn't directed at my husband or children or any blood relation. Not work either. But thanks for the commisseration!

11. Nov 6, 2018 #251

Peanut

Peanut

Peanut

Awesome Friend Neighbor Neighbor Contributor

In sept. when I had my pre-surgery eye appointment. The VA issued me 3 different bottles of eye drops. A couple of days before my surgery I got the bill from the VA, $24 bucks I think. I paid it.

Last Thursday I started getting flyers for different kinds of eye drops in the mail from different companies. The one today... from the "from the eye experts at Bausch + Lomb" a product call "Soothe XP".

Why am I suddenly getting ads for eye drops in the mail? Why the %$#^@& do multiple companies suddenly want to sell me eye drops.

I don't think I have ever gotten an ad for eye drops! Someone, at the VA or Medicare or my bank sold my information! What else have they sold? Who do I sue? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edit: just to clarify... these brochures aren't addressed to "Recipient". They have my "full name" and address! Not my first and last... my full name... :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  12. Nov 7, 2018 at 4:50 AM #252

Sewingcreations15

Sewingcreations15

Sewingcreations15

@Peanut I would be ringing VA and letting them know you are not at all happy with them giving out your information personally :) .

13. Nov 7, 2018 at 6:24 AM #253

NannyPatty

NannyPatty

NannyPatty

nannypattyrn Neighbor Contributor

Peanut, that's a HIPPA violation. If they just had recipient on them, then it's because the VA bills your insurance or Medicare for what they can recover. But, since your whole name and address is on it, there is a violation somewhere. I'd be investigating starting with the billing dept at the VA. If you put your email anywhere, then your personal info can be easily obtained on the WWW.
    You can always "return to sender" so that the advertiser has to pay they will eventually stop.

14. Nov 7, 2018 at 8:23 AM #254

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke Neighbor Contributor

A co-worker is picking up his campaign signs on company time...:mad:...he is a Communist and therefore "Management" has decided co-worker is not to be corrected or criticized in any way. :mad::mad:

15. Nov 7, 2018 at 9:43 AM #255

Patchouli

Patchouli

Patchouli

Human resources might like to know.

16. Nov 7, 2018 at 10:02 AM #256

Country Living

Country Living

Country Living

You unintentionally hit on one of my..... issues. It's HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. It's a common misspelling mistake even in doctors' offices.

17. Nov 7, 2018 at 10:21 AM #257

Tommy D.

Tommy D.

Tommy D.

An employee is selling info with the simple click of the mouse. Their IT/Security ppl should get involved.

18. Nov 7, 2018 at 10:58 AM #258

Angie

Angie

Angie

Porch Lover Staff Member Admin Neighbor

Rant - everything around Mom and Dad's place being in his name and not his and/or hers. And now his in nursing home with diagnosis of dementia/alzheimers. And I have to take care of issues. Today it was the direct tv being out since storm. But now I'm on that account and boxes will be upgraded by Friday.

19. Nov 8, 2018 at 7:44 PM #259

Country Living

Country Living

Country Living

We got the same mailer for the B&L Soothe XP.... full name and address which is public information. It appears to be a mass mailing and has nothing to do with a doctor visit. IMHO

20. Nov 8, 2018 at 7:51 PM #260

Amish Heart

Amish Heart

Amish Heart

Racist rants from teachers....I had complained a month or so ago to the twins principal at their middle school about their social studies teacher who continues to rant about old white men. She hates them. They are the scourge of the earth, according to her, and she teaches it to the 8th grade students every chance she gets. Another teacher, the high school English teacher (my last three kids had her) just made the news last week about a "Halloween Prank" gone wrong. She was suspended for a week and is now back to school. She dressed up as a Louisiana Voodoo Princess for Halloween. She called a native American student a "bloody Indian", and cut the braid of another native American student. Both are old white lady teachers. Both are Liberal activists. Both think they can get away with it, but the middle school one only had to tell me sorry in an email. She's still back at it. So why is the right accused of being racist all the time? Plenty of racism from the left in the schools.

21. Nov 8, 2018 at 11:16 PM #261

Patchouli

Patchouli

Patchouli

Isn't the aclu supposed to do something about that kind of stuff? Or the state's attorney?
    If I lived there I'd help you organize a community protest! Not that you said you wanted to do that.
    Is this how teenagers grow up and end up bullying and mortally wounding the elderly? They'll be taking care of old white lady retired teachers in rest homes some day. Hmmm.

22. Nov 9, 2018 at 7:11 AM #262

Amish Heart

Amish Heart

Amish Heart

I'm just wondering why liberal old white ladies got that way. One is gay. The other I seriously wonder about. Our state is full of liberals, so I doubt anything can be done. The High School teacher, though, is seeing some protests. Probably because she went after a native. The middle school teacher, nothing will become of because she's going after old white men. Lovely photo on our local news today..a former University professor here hung a "VOTE Republican" flag with a huge Nazi symbol on it. Liberal whacko.
    Oh, and I don't know who'll take care of the old retired liberal white lady teachers. Hopefully they raised children to believe that their parents should be honored.

23. Nov 9, 2018 at 3:28 PM #263

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke Neighbor Contributor

I need a Grimm slap. Where are you Grimm!?!?

Terri9630 and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  24. Nov 9, 2018 at 3:52 PM #264

VThillman

VThillman

VThillman

Geezer Neighbor Neighbor Contributor

Rant. Ethics and morals were often absorbed by the young seemingly by a process of osmosis, unconsciously, by experiencing family life with their parents. It is painfully - I say painfully - obvious that a lot of folks out there, not just politicians, are functionally devoid of any understanding of the concepts, to say nothing of practicing them. That's why It's a jungle out there.