Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, service and deliveries from UPS has been good, even after covid. Fedex on the other hand seems to have gone down hill over the last year.
FedEx is horrible here. UPS is good. We have one of those video camera things by our front door, and we have caught FedEx literally throwing and rolling packages up our front stairs. Nothing gentle or even normal about these goons. I have contacted FedEx on numerous occasions, spoken to managers, sent them the videos as proof and they do nothing. Their response is "contact the sender". You can't refuse delivery after they have left - and their deliveries are drive-bys where nobody besides a track sprinter could catch them, even if lying in wait for their arrival. If you want to refuse delivery of the box they just threw up your stairs, damaging it, clearly shown on video - yep, their response is "contact the sender".

I would love to see FedEx go out of business. Lots of times us customers do not have a choice of shipping company when placing an online order. So much like having to watch CNN in the airport, we are forced to use FedEx against our wishes. The thing is, FedEx used to be good. I think even better than UPS. But now ... FedEx is the bottom of the barrel.

OMG! I've worked more (from home) in the last 2 days than I've worked in the last 2 weeks.

It's like everyone at work SUDDENLY realized that my 2 weeks of PTO begins Monday and I'll be completely unreachable until the 28th. Now they're rushing to get crap done before I log off.

This PTO has been scheduled for almost a month! Everyone knew I'd be taking at least 2 weeks off this fall for my surgery since last March!

I even had the foresight to coordinate with one of the CAD people in another department to cover those services while I'm out 3 weeks ago!

Right now, I'm at the point where I'm ready to log off right now, but I said I'd be here till 3:30, so just over 3 hours to go. But at 3:32? I'm done till the 28th.

Piss Poor Prior Planning Leads to Piss Poor Results.

Unplugged from cable years ago.
Crap service, crappy techs, why did I even bother selections.
Only have internet now.
All those premium channels most people pay for, I get but I don't pay outrageous prices for.
Why do you ask?
Because they priced themselves out of the marketplace.
Most of those premium shows are on "AIR" antenna TV.
Also both of my sons make sure I get all the new Premium channels: Nextflix, HGTV GO,Discovery Go,hulu, Disney etc for free.
Why you ask?
Because I babysit for them.
Besides oldest grand daughter and I have to watch "How the Grinch stole Christmas" at least 1000 more times before Christmas.

Unplugged from cable years ago.
Crap service, crappy techs, why did I even bother selections.
Only have internet now.
All those premium channels most people pay for, I get but I don't pay outrageous prices for.
Why do you ask?
Because they priced themselves out of the marketplace.
Most of those premium shows are on "AIR" antenna TV.
Also both of my sons make sure I get all the new Premium channels: Nextflix, HGTV GO,Discovery Go,hulu, Disney etc for free.
Why you ask?
Because I babysit for them.
Besides oldest grand daughter and I have to watch "How the Grinch stole Christmas" at least 1000 more times before Christmas.

I just didn't like the selections they had on either. Now and then it was ok but it got worse with time. And like you said, too expensive.

I hate ukeleles. Abhor. Detest. Just because you can "play" one doesn't mean you should now start making videos and singing on the internet.
It is a poor excuse for an instrument.
And just because you have one and know how to strum doesn't mean you have a good singing voice.
Hate. Hate ukeleles.
No tiptoeing. No tulips. No Tiny Tim. No Don Ho. No Hawaiian Tiny Bubbles.

I hate ukeleles. Abhor. Detest. Just because you can "play" one doesn't mean you should now start making videos and singing on the internet.
And just because you have one and know how to strum doesn't mean you have a good singing voice.
Hate. Hate ukeleles.

How about Lemon Tree without the uke?

Hate. Hate ukeleles.

Ah now, tell us how you really feel. :ghostly:

It's a wonderful mellow song no matter what musical style you like it played in:

I can handle Chris Isaak even like the song and voice but the other guys gotta 'improve'. Save that kinda music for The Three Tenors,Placido,Pavarotti Cecero without the fire.

I have had a landline all of my adult life of living on my own. I have been meaning to get rid of the landline for many years. I called this week to get that done. I wanted to port the calls from my landline number to my cell phone. OMG! I have ALWAYS found the phone company difficult to deal with. ALWAYS! It is as though they have a master plan for how to frustrate people.

After I was out of the waiting queue, I was speaking to someone whom I could not hear nor understand. The less I can hear, the louder I speak! I don't do it on purpose, it is just a reflex for me. I was told I was going to be put on hold, but something happened, and I ended up having to call three more times! And each time, I had to tell what I wanted! And when the person on the other end talked to me, I couldn't hear them and I couldn't understand them!

Finally, I decided to use the messaging system online. I was 49th in line to chat!

The first problem with all of it, is that they have all decided what you want before you talk to them, live or via chat. I wonder where they are located, because their names are odd.

Two hours it took me to get it all dealt with. TWO HOURS! WTH?

Two hours it took me to get it all dealt with. TWO HOURS! WTH?
~music, music~ "Your call is very important to us. Please continue to hold and the next available agent will be with you shortly" ~music, music~
Their phone should have a 10-minute timer on it.
After 10 minutes it should...
0046.gif

Last edited:
Rant for the day? Several I suppose really.​
  1. Mean spirited people.
  2. Users.
  3. Liars.
  4. At least 10 other things I am too lazy to bother posting.
I am tired and just over the bs, drama, and everything that goes with it. None could care less but at least I vented for the moment.

Rant for the day? Several I suppose really.​
  1. Mean spirited people.
  2. Users.
  3. Liars.
  4. At least 10 other things I am too lazy to bother posting.
I am tired and just over the bs, drama, and everything that goes with it. None could care less but at least I vented for the moment.
Since you are a principal at a company, you are gonna have that.
All I can offer is, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
I talked at least 20 times per day on my phone when I worked. Users.
After I retired, I get maybe 2 calls PER WEEK!
One: A text from the Mrs to open the garage door and help carry in groceries.
Two. They are still trying to reach me about my vehicles extended warranty. :LOL:
Three. And once a month, the pharmacy: "Your prescriptions are ready for pickup.
That's it.
You would never believe how liberating it is when people can no longer mess with you.
It is golden!

It is. But some people I know who don't work are used to the continual drama, and will seek it out or create it.
My cousin was talking about getting calls in her phone shack answering machine about extended warranty. On her buggy? Mom also gets the same calls and yells at them that she doesn't drive anymore. Ha Ha.

Things have gotten better since my previous rant about the neighbors property. I went over when someone finally started staying there (new renters) and spoke with him about how the sound travels and asked him to keep his bass at a minimum if he could as the entire area is tired of the constant noise. I was very nice btw. Glad i was. He was very kind (younger man) and his wife came out (not so friendly lady) and said she works nights and understands having a day sleeper and how hard it is to get sleep and to get woken up. The gentleman was very nice and we talked for a bit and turned out he has two small kids and I welcomed them to the neighborhood and told them who the neighbors were and that if the kids ever needed help who could be completely trusted and if they needed a Spanish speaker which neighbor to go to. Left on good terms. He waves when he goes by and the kids have played in the road (which makes my stomach churn as it’s not safe) and have been very sweet when they’ve gone by. Occasionally get woken up by the dads burning out in his driveway and loud exhaust but the bass pretty much stopped unless he has visitors and he’s not home. They seem to do it till he comes home and tells them to stop. All in all a big improvement. The loud truck is in and out at random times day and night so never know when we’ll be woken up. There’s constant noise (people yelling) and parties till the wee hours of the morning on the weekends. They shoot guns (no safe place there to do so) at 1:30am to 3:30am on the weekends when they have company which does bother me since I have no clue how they could do so safely and what direction they could be shooting in. Cows on 2 sides of them, houses on 3 sides close enough to be able to be hit and horses on the other side.
Noticed a few weeks ago they started setting up blinds and it turns out they have set up a make shift paint ball game area. This does mean he can no longer burn out to turn around in the driveway which has been nice. Nice they are having fun but the hollering all night long at each other while they play is getting to be a bit much. Haven’t said anything because headphones pretty much cover it but he did ask the other day if they were bothering us so clearly he cares. I don’t think they really understand country living and how sound travels and definitely not the unwritten rules of country living.
So fast forward to 5am today.
Haven’t been asleep long. Hear loud honking on the road. Only reason people sit and honk is if neighbors cows are out or something. Jump up throw on sweats and run out barefoot. There’s a rental semi sitting in front of our neighbors house. I walk up after realizing cows weren’t out and he was sitting in oncoming traffic lane and asked him if I could help him and why the heck was he honking at 5am and waking the neighborhood and out walks the neighbor. I wasn’t very happy at this point. Even our other neighbor who never hears anything (hard sleeper and very well insulated house) has started complaining to us about this place waking him up shooting in the middle of the night and stuff. The driver just shrugs and completely could have cared less which made me angrier. As the neighbor walked up he apologized and I kind of yelled saying this driver had no common sense and doesn’t care he’s waking the neighborhood and I was tired of constantly being woken up. I feel bad yelling but I’m so tired of being woken up for nothing. It’s been well over a year of this crud. He apologized and I know he meant it and I said it wasn’t his fault but come on. He said it was the drivers first time here and i said common sense!!!!! You don’t do that at 5am and I was most angry the driver didn’t care at all. He apologized again and got in the truck with him and left. So am I to guess he didn’t have his cell #!? I’m wondering if the driver didn’t speak English (now that I’ve calmed down a bit) and didn’t understand what I was saying. But I mean really!?
So now I’m all wound up and won’t be able to go back to sleep. Grrrrrrrrrrr
Well that was a long rambling rant. Thanks for letting me vent. Hopefully I can unwind and get some sort of sleep today. Sigh

Back