RATIONING Food.......??? "PLUS" Digital Currency = Total Control.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no matter what we think we all need certain amount of cash for emergencies in life. we need nest eggs and hard cash for instant use in various situations we might find ourselves in.cash is only a tool.

My "friend".........you are missing my point. I am talking about the "fairly" near future, when paper cash is "Illegal"........checks.......and savings accounts are "illegal". When everything most go through the government crypto-currency, and every purchase and every sale is recorded and must be approved.

The Mrs has been diligently purchasing about 10% more than we need for many months.
No restrictions, no limits.
Since we're hurricainers, we always keep 2-3 months of essentials on hand, anyway.:)
Our problem is, we are running out of room to put 'stuff'. :mad:
That's funny me too - I do not like things under the beds, never have. Look under our bed, no boxes, no storage, no shoes etc. Well now lately, please don't look under the spare room bed. I couldn't help myself 😂

SD, Just a thought: Have you tried ordering through more than one user name? Like sourdough123@gmale :) and sdbread123@gmale (don't want it to think it's real addresses). Especially if you ordered using different cards if that's possible, at least you'd have double your limit.

I have considered that. I am using my example of "current" control, to make the point about what if or when all purchases and all sales must go through Government for the currency transaction to complete.

You have 42 items in your cart at the local grocery store, but 14 of them are "denied" to you for any of several reasons. With a government controlled crypto-currency as the "Only" way to purchase or sell, you/we are fully checkmated.

The "White Granulated Sugar" is for mixing with cherry jello in hot water, and when cooled poured over five gallon buckets of popcorn. It is used for baiting bears. As is Vanilla extract, and Omega 3 fish oil. And all food scraps saved for the last eight months, and all rotten food, and garbage, etc..

I have considered that. I am using my example of "current" control, to make the point about what if or when all purchases and all sales must go through Government for the currency transaction to complete.

You have 42 items in your cart at the local grocery store, but 14 of them are "denied" to you for any of several reasons. With a government controlled crypto-currency as the "Only" way to purchase or sell, you/we are fully checkmated.

The "White Granulated Sugar" is for mixing with cherry jello in hot water, and when cooled poured over five gallon buckets of popcorn. It is used for baiting bears. As is Vanilla extract, and Omega 3 fish oil. And all food scraps saved for the last eight months, and all rotten food, and garbage, etc..
Yep, I get what you are saying also. My concern wouldn't necessarily be in the way of groceries. I've done more and more to decrease my reliance upon the grocer. My concern would be like someone else mentioned property tax or things we can't avoid completely. Not sure how that would go if you didn't have a computer.

My "friend".........you are missing my point. I am talking about the "fairly" near future, when paper cash is "Illegal"........checks.......and savings accounts are "illegal". When everything most go through the government crypto-currency, and every purchase and every sale is recorded and must be approved.

no i get it..i just have a different opinion.theres going to be much blending of both our views on this. govt crypto is a very long way off...my 2cents. they cant hardly function the things they do now. these small local businesses will laugh their rears off when told they cant deal in cash.i mean they dont take credit cards now...anything more will be worse.cash or check from people in community they know and have relationships with.

being in a community that actually produces goods is a must.small rural agriculture based community.the businesses here are what supports daily life.

I AM NOT SAYING dont prepare for it. but for most part this is way low on scale because hey most folks are not sitting on large sums of cash,savings,retirement etc.most folks are of the broke variety and they are just dealing with life daily,weekly,monthly. like older folks get SS...what you going to do? its delivered via digital now to your checking/savings account.my small hometown bank wont do online banking either.they take transactions but not the true online like all others do.reasoning is they dont think its safe and cant afford that type risk vs. reward type thing.

outside of ordering and your situation theres no restrictions what so ever. and even back in the day when it was if you had need you can tell store manager you want xyz cases and they add those extra cases into their order and it comes for you and they call and let you know its in and come pick it up at store. i know a guy feeds poor children in certain families and he has a standing order of certain cases of food and he never had issues getting that because he was getting it in that certain supply line for years so it was filled right on along.just as example.

take today....i bought over 12 blocks of cheese.i also bought several 2# bags of cheese all for freezer. not a word said and there was plenty still on shelves.we be good on cheese for a bit now. in person sales are very different that ordering from amazon and its got to do with shipping agreements between them and shipper.

i lived in remote southeast alaska and i fully understand the situation you deal with. amazon wasnt even a thing back then...lol

Last edited:

This is completely nuts.
You should study how taxes work and how the government gets paid.
Taxes are only levied when money MOVES.
If everybody stuffs their money in a mattress and nobody spends any, there is no tax revenue.
The government is not about to cut their own throat and limit spending.
Quite the opposite is true.
If anything, they will add things to your list that you now HAVE TO buy that you did not before.
Maybe stop
bow.gif
at the feet of Amazon and letting them lead you around by the nose?
I just ordered something from them day before yesterday. Free shipping :thumbs: .
Went to check out, $7.00 in freight was already on it to get it by May 22.
I clicked the 'free shipping to get it on May 25' button.
They sent me this today:
Amazon.com
sp.gif

sp.gif
Hi Super, Your package is arriving earlier than we previously expected. It’s now arriving:​
sp.gif
Saturday, May 22​
sp.gif
Previously expected:​
Tuesday, May 25​
My question to you is: Where would the $7 have gone?
My answer: Pure profit.

Not......sure "Where" you grabbed the idea this was about "Taxes" (Note: I taught a tax reduction class back in the 70's and 80's and did consulting to corporations as to tax strategies reference the structuring of Commercial Real Estate transactions, so as to minimize the tax ramifications).

This is about there being "ONLY" one method of purchasing and/or selling anything. The only currency a "Bitcoin" type crypto-currency issued by and controlled 100% by the United States Government. This is "NOT" about taxes. However with all transactions processed through the government computer which would oversee and control all transaction, taxes "could be assessed instantly at the moment of the transfer of currency.

And just for the record.......what you are referring to, is what is called, The "Constant Velocity of Money", It references the speed in which a single dollar cycles.

This is completely nuts.
You should study how taxes work and how the government gets paid.
Taxes are only levied when money MOVES.
If everybody stuffs their money in a mattress and nobody spends any, there is no tax revenue.
The government is not about to cut their own throat and limit spending.
Quite the opposite is true.
If anything, they will add things to your list that you now HAVE TO buy that you did not before.
Maybe stopView attachment 66994at the feet of Amazon and letting them lead you around by the nose?
I just ordered something from them day before yesterday. Free shipping :thumbs: .
Went to check out, $7.00 in freight was already on it to get it by May 22.
I clicked the 'free shipping to get it on May 25' button.
They sent me this today:
Amazon.com
sp.gif

sp.gif
Hi Super, Your package is arriving earlier than we previously expected. It’s now arriving:​
sp.gif
Saturday, May 22​
sp.gif
Previously expected:​
Tuesday, May 25​
My question to you is: Where would the $7 have gone?
My answer: Pure profit.

Last edited:
Sourdough, that day will happen for sure. One of the reasons I am investing in sustainability, for whatever good that may do me when the time comes.

Revelation 13:17

"...and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name."

That time might be soon.

Sourdough, that day will happen for sure. One of the reasons I am investing in sustainability, for whatever good that may do me when the time comes.

"...and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name."

That time might be soon.
Great.
Now I gotta get a tattoo.
brickwall100.gif

SD, Just a thought: Have you tried ordering through more than one user name? Like sourdough123@gmale :) and sdbread123@gmale (don't want it to think it's real addresses). Especially if you ordered using different cards if that's possible, at least you'd have double your limit.

That will not work unless you have two different computers/IP addresses AND completely unlinked methods of payment.

That will not work unless you have two different computers/IP addresses AND completely unlinked methods of payment.
I can do that and have in the past.
It's not really that hard.

Last edited:

That time might be soon.

did you know this already happened...well multiple times? during time revelations was written the church in smyrna was very poor. in that area you had to come out yearly and pay a price and bow down to get this seal or ring thing to do business..buy,sell and trade for the next year. the believers in smyra wouldnt do it so they were extremely poor and struggled.

I can do that and have in the past.
It's not really that hard.

That's right, and I thought I would point out what it takes. Simply having two email addresses won't cut it. :)

did you know this already happened...well multiple times? during time revelations was written the church in smyrna was very poor. in that area you had to come out yearly and pay a price and bow down to get this seal or ring thing to do business..buy,sell and trade for the next year. the believers in smyra wouldnt do it so they were extremely poor and struggled.

Actually, I trust very little in what I know. Most of what we think we know is an illusion. I apologize if I am coming off as flippant. That isn't my true intent.

I believe our government (and those of certain other countries) are salivating at this very real scenario which I think is coming sooner than most of us think...

When a cashless society is fully implemented is when the government will finally have total control of the majority of the citizenry.

It's in the beginning stages now. Kinda like boiling a frog, starting with lukewarm water and gradually turning the heat up...

Actually, I trust very little in what I know. Most of what we think we know is an illusion. I apologize if I am coming off as flippant. That isn't my true intent.
Well, I can be flippant.
Just wanted Sourdough to know that when the end of the world comes and purchases can only be made with bitcoin, I will be ready!
These are worth at least 100 bux apiece, right?
IMG_3154.JPG

Actually, I trust very little in what I know. Most of what we think we know is an illusion.

That is the foundation of "Enlightenment, Wisdom and Knowledge".

I believe our government (and those of certain other countries) are salivating at this very real scenario which I think is coming sooner than most of us think...

When a cashless society is fully implemented is when the government will finally have total control of the majority of the citizenry.

It's in the beginning stages now. Kinda like boiling a frog, starting with lukewarm water and gradually turning the heat up...

using this post as a springboard for my thoughts...ok...my opinion and a few biblical thoughts. this is way off in time? why you ask is old elk thinking this way? #1 reason...govt/military...they have to have cash to do the dirty backyard deals they often do around the globe. i can just see them offering digital bit coin or crpto currency to 'certain groups' around the globe and they pack up and go home laughing at u.s. like certain small businesses in my area they would laugh their rears off and say get out of my store you idiots. we closed for businesses...lol...all the cash we handed out in afgahn..to farmers and taliban types,contras etc. etc....lol..they say we dont even have electricity and you think we want,need or desire that b.s. show us the green. i was told exactly how the transfers of various 'things' went down in real life there and i promise you it would never ever work out because of abilities of division it up.they say are yall crazy and go back home and basically no rebellion could take place because no one showed up...lol

biblical thoughts next...why do we as a nation/group in u.s. think its some type cashless society.is that thought shaped by some wrong teaching in our churches or 'religious places'? like i pointed out about church in smryna.it wasnt about the currency.it was about the right to do business.they had to pay a basic type tax and bow down.the bow down is the key thing. i am going to mention stories from books removed in our so called modern bibles but were considered scripture for 1000's of years.only you can decide for yourself but you can see the pattern. abraham wouldnt bow down and kiss the ring...they tossed him in furnace..recall the 3 amigo being tossed in one as well and daniel in the den too. when the tribes were in egypt they were enticed to do the work via money,then money was with held and they kept working over promises to pay then next thing you know they were slaves. ONLY 11 tribes were enslaved.the levities warned the others it was a trap and they didnt partake.thats where moses came from he was a levite tribe.jasher tells how the levities lived off to the side from the rest and for the most part were left alone and they just lived and watched what was going on.

the form of cash ,digital currency etc. doesnt matter its the action of bowing down?? each can decide for themselves.

ETA..read the macabees books....it was revolt when greeks took control before rome did.read about how they brought a statue of zeus into temple and slaughtered a sow pig on the alter.then what went on to the woman and her sons and the very old man..90something. you wont look at bible/scripture the same again..i promise you.the macabees beat the worldest strongest army at that time to retake their lands and temple.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back