Raw Feeding

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I had dogs,

I did raw feed them from time to time,

I am near Amish communities, and have got to know them and their Butcher,

He processes all the community animals , Cattle, Hogs, Sheep, and even their Deer.
He is HAPPY to give me all the scraps I can take . Said he had to get rid of it somehow, so gives it to whoever wants it.

100s of lbs of good looking meat and bones....free.

Jim

When I had dogs,

I did raw feed them from time to time,

I am near Amish communities, and have got to know them and their Butcher,

He processes all the community animals , Cattle, Hogs, Sheep, and even their Deer.
He is HAPPY to give me all the scraps I can take . Said he had to get rid of it somehow, so gives it to whoever wants it.

100s of lbs of good looking meat and bones....free.

Jim
Free! Wow! I get 2 bucks a pound for that stuff.....

Free! Wow! I get 2 bucks a pound for that stuff.....

Well, I'm suppose to donate a deer to him for the community every year,
But I dont hunt much now, he don't care, he gets plenty fromn the younger guys.

Yep free,
I take 2 big Rubbermaid tubs , and he fills them , I freeze it and feed it out ...

Well when I had dogs,:)

Jim

Well, I'm suppose to donate a deer to him for the community every year,
But I dont hunt much now, he don't care, he gets plenty fromn the younger guys.

Yep free,
I take 2 big Rubbermaid tubs , and he fills them , I freeze it and feed it out ...

Well when I had dogs,:)

Jim
That's really cool of him! I had so many request for it that i finally just said fine, it's 2 bucks a pound. Sells fast!

WOW! Free would be awesome! Good venison goes for upwards of $10 a pound here. Trim is around $5 and its mostly fat.
I'm trying to get the word out to hunter friends that we will take what they don't want.
We try and raise as much as possible on the ranch but sometimes (like now) things are slim pickings.
A lot of our cattle customers will let me come harvest unwanted's when their steers are butchered. Not a lot of meat but keeps organ in the freezer most of the year.

Never have raw fed. They do get rare steak leftovers occasionally.
Brother had a 2 beef slaughtered.
A friend of his came over with ice chests and took everything he didn't want like all the organs, the head, and the lungs.
I asked him what he was going to do with the lungs and his said him mom cooked them.
He didn't know what it was called in English only in Spanish.
I don't remember what he called it.
Never heard of that before.

Only when I butcher a deer. I don't leave much meat on the bones tho!

Latest posts

Back