Recent Movies and Their Agendas

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Start with this last one thats not out yet ' The Hunt '. What is the moral 'lol' what a word to use for this divisive violent piece of work.
Anyone know who is who in this movie trailer?

Last edited:
too violent for me, but liked the music
I never watched The Purge movies

I agree about the violence part. And I've never watched any Purge movies either never heard of them till today.

From what I hear this movie that comes out in Sept. 2019 ' The Hunt ' is just an attempt to cause more racial violence and division.
I won't watch this one either when it comes out. I seldom watch anything these days but a few true stories or classic movies.
I do read bios on youtube and rent a movie now and then.

As a consenting adult I don't mind violent movies. In fact we live in a violent world. One of my favorite movies is The book of Eli. Lots of violence and a good movie. As far as the moral of the movie who knows maybe **** happens. If nothing else it highlights the need to be fit and know which end of a gun the bullets come out of. It may be a crumby movie though. Typical Hollywood the bang sound arrived before the bullet.

Start with this last one thats not out yet ' The Hunt '. What is the moral 'lol' what a word to use for this divisive violent piece of work.
Anyone know who is who in this movie trailer?

I don't watch that kind of stuff. I have walked out of movies that are violent and have you on edge. Not my thing at all.

I don't watch that kind of stuff. I have walked out of movies that are violent and have you on edge. Not my thing at all.

Not just violent but evil and seems it promotes more killing and that was my reason for putting it up.
Weedy I don't think movies like this is good fro anything . No wonder our kids are losing it.

As a consenting adult I don't mind violent movies. In fact we live in a violent world. One of my favorite movies is The book of Eli. Lots of violence and a good movie. As far as the moral of the movie who knows maybe **** happens. If nothing else it highlights the need to be fit and know which end of a gun the bullets come out of. It may be a crumby movie though. Typical Hollywood the bang sound arrived before the bullet.

Cascade I agree about the way they put out movies that is either about to happen or happens further down the road.
1984, Arlington Road, Animal Farm, and many conspiracy movies.

Not just violent but evil and seems it promotes more killing and that was my reason for putting it up.
Weedy I don't think movies like this is good fro anything . No wonder our kids are losing it.
I was easily frightened as a child. If and when I watched scary stuff, I could have nightmares for weeks or months afterwards. I remember watching a television show called "The Whirly Birds." There was an episode with a gorilla gone crazy, trying to break into a house. I had nightmares for a long time afterwards. I could see a gorilla in my room.

The same with movies about anything creepy or evil. I believe one of the last creepy movies that I watched was the Exorcist. That didn't bother me as much as another movie I had seen previously, Last House on the Left. After the Exorcist, I decided I was done with that kind of movie. It is just not something I am interested in.

Now when I was an older child, maybe a teenager, Rod Serling's Night Gallery was something I liked to watch. I am not sure why I could watch it and not some of the other stuff. I also liked Alfred Hitchcock. But in general, I have no use for this kind of stuff. I would much rather watch videos of someone building a house.

Last edited:
"The Hunt" is a Bloomberg fantasy film about liberals kidnapping conservatives from major cities and hunting them down for sport. I am sure that any profits will go to the many anti-gun programs that he sponsors.

With kids playing video games and watching TV all the time instead of reading, the imagination required to create an original script has been diluted.

Why else would you have to do all these remakes. I saw the red dawn remake and it sucked. I refuse to watch the remake of true grit.

Even the different instances of tremors was not the same at the end. Besides, I love Reba with a gun...lol

all remakes are rubbish, and why remake a classic? I suppose no one has an original idea any more.
When I was in college, I took a film class. The class meant going to movies and writing about what we saw--character evaluations, story line, etc. I was not very good at it, and I suspect that some of the people who wrote good evaluations probably got some of their ideas from write-ups in newspapers and magazines and maybe some input from their family. Many movies are re-dos of previous story lines. I once had a couple of really intelligent boys in my class who would take fairy tales and re-write them. These guys were really good at it, for children in lower elementary grades. Somewhere I have a photo copy of these stories.

A Star Is Born has reruned since 1938. And the liberal loon who played it last did a better job swinging around showing her ' character' than she did staring in a great classic. But the hoods in entertainment threw one Oscar after another .

Latest posts

Back