Recipes , "ideas anyone" ?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Meer

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Walking Taco Casserole.

1596635691724.png

Walking Taco Casserole - Don't LOSE this recipe
Ingredients:
1 1⁄2 pounds Ground Beef
1⁄3 large Onion, chopped
1 can Green Chilies, small can

This looked like it would be good for dinner to me. 😛

Not sure if there is a Thread already about this. If there is, Mods can remove or move, if they want to. 🙂

Walking Taco Casserole.

View attachment 47735

Walking Taco Casserole - Don't LOSE this recipe
Ingredients:
1 1⁄2 pounds Ground Beef
1⁄3 large Onion, chopped

This looked like it would be good for dinner to me. 😛

Not sure if there is a Thread already about this. If there is, Mods can remove or move, if they want to. 🙂
This looks delicious.
Recipe looks like it is missing some ingredients. I see cheese, green onions, sour cream, tomatoes (maybe in salsa). I'm going to look for this recipe online and see if I can find it.

Edit: I looked. There are several versions of this recipe out there. This recipe is also missing taco seasonings.

https://cookheavenlyrecipes.com/walking-taco-casserole/
1 1⁄2 pounds Ground Beef
1⁄3 large Onion, chopped
1 can Enchilada Sauce
2 ounces Cream Cheese
1 bag Fritos Corn Chips
1 bag Shredded Cheese
3⁄4 cup Lettuce, shredded
1⁄2 cup Tomato, fresh, diced
16 ounces Salsa

How to make it:

Brown ground beef with onion.
Add green chilies, enchilada sauce and cream cheese.
In a 9×13 pan, repeat layers as follows: Fritos chips Meat Mixture Shredded Cheese.
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Top individual servings with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream as desired

Edit: I would add taco seasoning to the burger.

Last edited:
This looks delicious.
Recipe looks like it is missing some ingredients. I see cheese, green onions, sour cream, tomatoes (maybe in salsa). I'm going to look for this recipe online and see if I can find it.

It is missing some , they had a link said full recipe but when I click it it kept going to other adds and coupons so I just deleted that part and figure search on another site to get it. I will go see if I can get it. 🙂

I don't think there is a Mexican recipe I don't like. Well, maybe menudo.

Looks good. Thanks for sharing.
Puerto Ricans make a version of menudo, they call mondongo. Like menudo, it has tripe in it, but the vegetables are different. When I was in Puerto Rico, I was with a woman whose family was Puerto Rican and we went to one of her cousins's house, where we were served mondongo. I ate away and commented how good it was and asked what was in it. When I was told tripe, I knew what it was and kept eating. People were kind of surprised, because some of them eat around the tripe and leave it in their bowl when they are finished eating.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/254965/puerto-rican-mondongo/

Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
How to make it
  • boil chicken, debone chop
  • boil spaghetti.
  • mix chicken an spaghetti, add everything
  • cook at 350 degrees 30 minutes till hot and bubbly

1596649771832.png

http://www.grouprecipes.com/143446/chicken-spaghetti.html#

• Corn Bread salad
  • 1 1/2 quart pan's worth of corn bread, Cooked
  • 2 cups mayonaise
  • 2 celery stalks chopped
  • 1--15 oz can of black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
  • 1/2 red onion diced
  • 3 large tomatoes---diced
  • mixed greens for serving lettice or turnip your choice
  • crumble corn bread in a large bowl and stir in all except the greens
  • cover and chill till ready to serve
  • then...serve on a bed of greens enjoy

Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
How to make it
  • boil chicken, debone chop
  • boil spaghetti.
  • mix chicken an spaghetti, add everything
  • cook at 350 degrees 30 minutes till hot and bubbly

View attachment 47755

Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
I wonder how good this recipe might be with a couple cans of canned chicken?

Puerto Ricans make a version of menudo, they call mondongo. Like menudo, it has tripe in it, but the vegetables are different. When I was in Puerto Rico, I was with a woman whose family was Puerto Rican and we went to one of her cousins's house, where we were served mondongo. I ate away and commented how good it was and asked what was in it. When I was told tripe, I knew what it was and kept eating. People were kind of surprised, because some of them eat around the tripe and leave it in their bowl when they are finished eating.

Vegetable soup with rubber bands in it, and I am being kind. Not my cup of tea, sorry. 😝

I don't want fish in my Mexican or my Asian dishes,but guess its good if you like it. I like fish ,hushpuppies,grits ,fries, cole slaw, salad ,etc,etc,.

I kinda like my fish sorta like this mainly. :)
Oh, those fish and chips look good! We have the most fantastic place here for fish and chips. And also shepherd's pie, lamb stew, and tons of other great stuff. "Burns Pub". Everything there is hand made. Man, I gotta get back there, after this COVID stupidity gets done. Weedy, you live in the area, you might have eaten here. Near the Broomfield airport (used to be called the Jeffco airport). One block west of Wadsworth just north of the airport, just south of where US36 crosses.

three.png

one.png

two.png

Oh, those fish and chips look good! We have the most fantastic place here for fish and chips. And also shepherd's pie, lamb stew, and tons of other great stuff. "Burns Pub". Everything there is hand made. Man, I gotta get back there, after this COVID stupidity gets done. Weedy, you live in the area, you might have eaten here. Near the Broomfield airport (used to be called the Jeffco airport). One block west of Wadsworth just north of the airport, just south of where US36 crosses.

View attachment 47903

View attachment 47898

View attachment 47899

Use to be a bar with restaurant here and the cook Terry made great fish and chips. Meerkat use to work for them. Place stayed packed. :)

View attachment 47903

View attachment 47898

View attachment 47899
Thank you. I have not been there, but I am in that area fairly often. I love fish and chips, so will have to check this place out.

Latest posts

Back