Recipes , "ideas anyone" ?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy Apple Turnover Recipe | Simple Glaze for Apple Turnovers

Homemade Apple Turnovers with a filling that tastes like Apple Pie recipe in flaky puff pastry dough. This is one of the easiest apple desserts and can even be made ahead. ⬇⬇⬇⬇ RECIPE BELOW ⬇⬇⬇⬇

APPLE TURNOVER INGREDIENTS: ►1 lb puff pastry (2 sheets) ►1 Tbsp all-purpose flour for dusting ►1 1/4 lb Granny Smith apples (3 medium) ►1 Tbsp unsalted butter ►1/4 cup brown sugar lightly packed ►1/2 tsp ground cinnamon ►1/8 tsp salt ►1 egg+ 1 Tbsp water for egg wash FOR THE GLAZE: ►1/2 cup powdered sugar ►1-2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream

Last edited:
1599747602548.png

CARAMEL APPLE CHIMICHANGAS
Ingredients
APPLE PIE FILLING::
2 apples, peeled and chopped into cubes (I used Granny Smith)
½ tsp cinnamon
⅛ cup cornstarch
⅓ cup sugar
Full recipe here: http://allrecipesguide.net/caramel-apple-chimichangas/

Easy CHICKEN LASAGNA With Creamy White Sauce

This white sauce Chicken Lasagna is so satisfying with layers of lasagna noodles and tender chicken with a creamy spinach sauce. ⬇⬇⬇⬇ RECIPE BELOW ⬇⬇⬇⬇ CHICKEN LASAGNA INGREDIENTS: ►9 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente ►4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (or cooked from 2 lbs chicken breast) SPINACH CREAM SAUCE: ►1 Tbsp olive oil ►1 medium onion, finely chopped ►4 Tbsp unsalted butter ►1/3 cup all-purpose flour ►2 1/2 cups chicken broth ►1 1/2 cups half and half (or equal parts of heavy cream and milk) ►5 oz fresh spinach, coarsely chopped ►2 tsp sea salt ►1/2 tsp black pepper ►3 garlic cloves, minced CHEESE SAUCE INGREDIENTS: ►15 oz ricotta ►1 large egg ►1/4 cup parsley ►1/4 cup parmesan cheese ►3 cups mozzarella cheese.

Beef Lasagna Recipe | Easy Dinner | - Natasha's Kitchen

Ingredients for Italian Lasagna: ►1 lb ground beef (15-20% fat content) ►1 small onion finely diced ►2 large garlic cloves minced ►1/4 cup red wine (any kind), or beef broth ►1 Tbsp olive oil ►24 oz Marinara Sauce (3 cups) ►1/2 tsp sea salt ►1/4 tsp black pepper ground ►1/4 tsp dried thyme ►1/2 tsp granulated sugar ►2 Tbsp parsley finely chopped ►9 lasagna noodles cooked al dente Ingredients for Cheese Sauce: ►16 oz low-fat cottage cheese ►15 oz reduced-fat ricotta cheese ►1 large egg ►2 Tbsp parsley finely chopped, plus more to garnish ►4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded, divided.

The Only APPLE PIE Recipe You'll Need

Ingredients for Homemade Apple Pie: ►1 recipe for double pie crust: ►6-7 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored (2 1/4 lbs, or 7 cups thinly sliced) ►1 1/2 tsp cinnamon ►8 Tbsp unsalted butter ►3 Tbsp all-purpose flour ►1/4 cup water ►1 cup granulated sugar ►1 egg + 1 Tbsp water, for egg wash Ingredients for Butter Pie Crust Dough Recipe: ►2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus more to dust, *measured correctly ►1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar ►1/2 tsp sea salt ►1/2 lb COLD unsalted butter (2 sticks) diced into 1/4" pieces ►6 Tbsp ice water (6 to 7 Tbsp)

Just AMAZING Beef Stew With Chef Jean-Pierre

Super easy and REALLY AMAZING Beef Stew! Chef Jean-Pierre fun and exciting way to teach will be sure to entertain you! Great recipe for the stove, the oven or even a slow cooker!

Garlic Grilled chicken, Greek Style!

Simple to make, garlic grilled chicken recipe. This one is Greek style with lemon, herbs and garlic served with a yogurt dip. If you have time, marinade it overnight, otherwise 2 hours is fine. A perfect recipe for entertaining whether inside or outside for a tasty BBQ. If inside, make sure you heat up that griddle pan so you get plenty of smoky char flavour. For the dip, you can leave out the cayenne pepper if you don’t like spicy but it’s awesome spicy! Use a good quality full fat Greek natural yogurt and fresh dill for that beautiful flavour. Serve it with potato wedges and a Greek salad, see my recipes. Pita bread also goes well. Enjoy my Garlic Grilled chicken Greek Style!

https://www.southdakotamagazine.com/eating-wild-cactus
CACTUS SALAD
6 cups prickly pear cactus pads, cut into 1/2 inch squares
3 bunches green onion
7 tablespoons salt
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
2 medium plum tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
Juice of two Key limes
1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano

In a medium stockpot, cover the pads with at least three inches of water. Add a bunch of green onions and two tablespoons salt and bring to a rolling boil. Let boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into colander. Discard onions and rinse pads in cold water until cool. Repeat the boiling twice using the remaining green onions and four tablespoons salt. This will remove the slimy stuff from the cactus pads. You will now have half the amount you started with.

Mix diced pads, jalapeno, white onion, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, oregano and remaining teaspoon salt. Let stand 45 minutes for flavors to blend.

Recipe From I.M. Cowgirl Magazine

CHICKEN AND BISCUITS | Creamy Chicken and Biscuits Bake | One Pot Meal

Today I am cooking at home and making creamy chicken and biscuits. This is a delicious one-pot meal that is perfect for dinner. Welcome to Simply Mamá Cooks YouTube Channel! I am a Mom to a blended Korean / Mexican American family that loves to share what I cook in my home. I am still learning and enjoy the process of making home-cooked food.

Chicken Broast Recipe by SooperChef

This recipe is amazing and can be made with simple ingredients. Crispy and Tender Chicken Broast Recipe for a good lunch. Try out this Chicken Broast Recipe and let us know how do you like it. Enjoy making it at home.

Healthy Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe + Light Lemon Dressing

AVOCADO TUNA SALAD INGREDIENTS: ►15 oz (or 3 small cans) tuna in oil, drained & flaked ►1 English cucumber ►1 small/med red onion, sliced ►2 avocados, diced ►2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil ►Juice of 1 medium lemon (about 2 Tbsp) ►¼ cup (1/2 bunch) cilantro, chopped ►1 tsp sea salt or ¾ tsp table salt ►⅛ tsp black pepper

Sep 5, 2020

Italian Grandma Makes Meatballs (and Spaghetti)

MEATBALLS: 2 lbs Ground Beef 2 extra large Eggs 1 tsp Salt ½ tsp Black Pepper ½ tsp Garlic Powder ½ cup plain Breadcrumbs ½ cup Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated (or Parmesan) ½ cup fresh Parsley, chopped Oil for Frying along with 2 cloves Garlic & ½ cup sliced Onions SAUCE/GRAVY: 3 Tbsp Olive Oil ½ cup Yellow Onion, chopped 2 Garlic Cloves, minced 2 qts Tomato Puree 1 tsp Salt ½ tsp Black Pepper ¼ cup fresh Basil Leaves

20 minutes and a pan! The most delicious broccoli recipe!

20 minutes and a pan! The most delicious #broccoli #recipe! ▶ ️ Subscribe to stay up-to-date with the latest recipes! The main ingredient: love ❤️ For this recipe you need: - onions - broccoli - butter - #chicken breast - garlic - sour cream - cheese, parmesan - salt, pepper, oregano (spices according to taste)

AVOCADO TUNA SALAD INGREDIENTS: ►15 oz (or 3 small cans) tuna in oil, drained & flaked ►1 English cucumber ►1 small/med red onion, sliced ►2 avocados, diced ►2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil ►Juice of 1 medium lemon (about 2 Tbsp) ►¼ cup (1/2 bunch) cilantro, chopped ►1 tsp sea salt or ¾ tsp table salt ►⅛ tsp black pepper
Those are some very unusual flavors together but I am willing to try it.
What oil do any of you use the most in cooking and in recipes?
I would prefer to use olive oil most of the time for either. Canola and vegetable oil seem creepy and unhealthy to me, canola being the worst.
Was used to using butter in cooking but that is a big no for me for now.
I have used sunflower oil in cooking, as well as sesame for specific recipes. We also use spray on olive oil. That works well.
They say olive oil is not pure olive oil by some of the processors.
How do you serve your tuna salad? Pita, crackers, bread, lumped on top of lettuce? As a sandwich with a slice of tomato and onion, some lettuce?
I missed corn on the cob this year, might have had it once. You would think we'd get some good roadside produce stands here in Texas but I rarely see that. Even Farmer's Markets seem hard to come by.

Best Homemade EGG ROLLS - Better Than Takeout

INGREDIENTS FOR EGG ROLLS: ► Half of a 6.75oz package vermicelli rice noodles (angel hair rice noodles) ► 1 lb ground pork ► 1/2 lb mushrooms, thinly sliced ► 1 medium onion, chopped ► 2 medium carrots, grated or thinly julienned ► 4 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced ► 40 eggroll or spring roll wrappers (about 8”x8”) ► 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce ► 1 tsp sesame oil ► 1 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste ► 1/2 tsp black pepper ► peanut oil or Canola Oil for frying

Aug 29, 2020

Classic Patty Melt Recipe with Valerie Bertinelli | Food Network

Classic Patty Melt RECIPE COURTESY OF VALERIE BERTINELLI Level: Easy Total: 1 hr Active: 45 min Yield: 4 servings Ingredients 1 tablespoon olive oil 6 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 large onion, thinly sliced Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 1/4 pounds ground beef (80 percent lean) 2 tablespoons ketchup 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce 1/2 teaspoon onion powder 8 slices rye bread About 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese Directions
Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft and golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. Mix the ground meat with the ketchup, Worcestershire, onion powder, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Form the meat into 4 oblong patties in the approximate size and shape of the bread (they should be a little less than 1/2-inch-thick). Add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet and heat it over medium-high heat until the foam subsides. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until cooked to medium doneness, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Add salt and pepper, if desired. Transfer to a plate. Wipe the skillet clean. Butter one side of half of the bread slices, then place them butter-side down in the skillet. Add a slice of cheese on top of each slice of bread, then add the patties and onions. Lay one more slice of cheese on top of the onions, then add the top slices of bread. Butter the top of the bread. Flip the sandwiches and cook until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil. Cook the remaining sandwiches with the remaining butter in the same manner. Cut the patty melts in half and serve immediately.

Latest posts

Back