Recipes , "ideas anyone" ?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sep 3, 2020

BETTER THAN MEAT! Only 3 ingredients and the dinner is ready! delicious vegetarian recipe!

For this recipe you need: - 6-8 potatoes - 3 eggplants - olive oil (sunflower oil) - garlic - salt - ground black pepper - green dill

Mar 1, 2013

Braising Pot Roast⎢Martha Stewart

Martha cooks up a tender pot roast, which can be made using beef brisket, bottom or top round, or a chuck eye roast and a mirepoix of veggies.

Feb 28, 2020

Mississippi PoBoy

Mississippi PoBoy I’m not exactly sure of the exact origins of the Mississippi Pot Roast but it’s been floating around the internet for years. Typically it’s prepared in a slow cooker and served over mashed potatoes or rice. This dish is a crock pot staple in the South, but I’m putting my spin on it by cooking it out on the smoker and serving it up in a big ole sandwich I call The Mississippi Poboy! This recipe starts with a Certified Angus Beef http://bit.ly/CABeef chuck roast I found at a local grocery store. The CAB brand is well marbled with fat which means it taste better, and is just a higher quality of beef. If you see it in your local grocery store I highly recommend giving it a try. The chuck roast I bought weighed just a little over 2lbs. The first step is to get some color on the outside of the roast. The original recipe calls for browning the meat in a large pan on the stove top but it has way more flavor on the pit. First season the outside with a little salt and pepper. I went with my Killer Hogs TX Brisket rub http://bit.ly/TXBrisket but you could use anything you want here. Now you need a smoker or grill set up for indirect cooking. I fired up my Big Green Egg with Royal Oak lump charcoal; I also added a few chunks of SmokerWood.com cherry wood for smoke flavor. Once the BGE stabilized at 275 degrees it’s ready to cook. Place the seasoned roast on the cooking grate and cook it until the outside has a mahogany color - it’ll take about 2 hours.
Instead of using a crock pot I broke out the original slow cooker - my 5 quart Lodge Dutch Oven https://amzn.to/2uDNT5b The chuck roast goes into the dutch oven with 1 stick of butter, a packet of Beef Au Jus seasoning mix, 1 packed of Ranch dressing mix, and 6-8 whole pepperoncini peppers (this is the classic MS Pot Roast ingredients). Place the lid on the dutch oven and set it on the cooking grate. Continue to cook at 275 degrees until the roast is almost falling apart. The internal temperature will be around 210 degrees but you should feel no resistance when probed. It’ll take about 2 hours to get tender - but check to make sure the roast is fork tender before removing it from the pit. At this point the roast is ready. Carefully take it out of the dutch oven and shred the meat using two forks. You could serve it over rice or mash potatoes but it makes one heck of a sandwich. To make my Mississippi PoBoy, take a 12” hoagie roll and split it length wise. Layer slices of White American Cheese on the bottom half of the bread and pile the shredded roast on top. Drizzle some of the juices left in the dutch oven over the meat and garnish with extra slices of pepperoncini peppers - then you have what I call The Mississippi Poboy!

Mississippi PoBoy Ingredients: - 2-3lb Beef Chuck Roast - 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub http://bit.ly/TXBrisket - 1 Stick Salted Butter - 1 packet dry Beef Au Jus mix - 1 packet dry Ranch Dressing mix - 6-8 pepperoncini Peppers whole - 12” hoagie or sub rolls (use the bread of your choice) - 6 slices white American Cheese - Sliced pepperoncini peppers for garnish Mississippi PoBoy Directions: 1. Prepare Big Green Egg or other smoker for indirect cooking using lump charcoal and chunks of cherry wood for smoke. Smoker temp should be 275 degrees entire cook. 2. Season the chuck roast with TX Brisket Rub http://bit.ly/TXBrisket and place on the Big Green Egg for 2 hours. 3. Place the roast in a 5 quart dutch oven and add butter, Au Jus mix, Ranch Mix, and whole pepperoncini peppers. Cover with the lid and place the dutch oven on the smoker. 4. Cook the roast until it’s almost falling apart, internal temperature should be around 210 degrees. It will take approximately 2 hours. 5. Carefully take the roast out of the dutch oven and shred on a cutting board using 2 forks. 6. Split the hoagie roll and place the cheese slices on the bottom half of the bread. Load the sandwich up with the shredded Chuck Roast and drizzle some of the au jus from the dutch oven over the meat. Top with slices of pepperoncini peppers and cut into serving portions.

Dec 26, 2019

The 84 Year Old BBQ Legend of Texas - A Frank Experience

Frank Pinello is back in Texas with another episode of A Frank Experience. This time, he’s in Lexington, TX and is learning what it takes to make world-class barbecue for the masses at the legendary Snow’s BBQ. Famous for their dry rub and onion-based mop, Snow’s specializes in barbecue brisket, but also makes world-famous ribs, jalapeño cheddar sausage links, chicken and pork steak. Frank works the pit all night, trying to keep up with 84 year-old pit master Tootsie Tomanetz, who’s been making barbecued meats for the people of Lexington for over 50 years. After mopping the meat, Frank tries his hand working the counter (and an electric carving knife) with the Snow’s staff to serve the lengthy line of customers who start queuing up at 8am for proper Texas BBQ.

Nov 20, 2020

Martha Stewart Makes Cheesecake 4 Ways | Martha Bakes Classic Episodes

Martha Stewart

On this episode of Martha Bakes, Martha shares four inspired ways to make a cheesecake, from a classic New York-style cheesecake to mini cupcake iterations. Plus, follow her tips and tricks for creating a creamy, smooth, and crack-free cheesecake that looks as good as it tastes! Full recipes below! Thank you for watching Martha Bakes! Come back every Friday at 10AM EST as we present full and segmented original episodes from all 11 seasons of Martha Bakes, originally aired on PBS. 0:00 Introduction 0:54 How to make New York Style Cheesecake that doesn’t crack 6:54 New York Style Individual Cheesecakes and Mini Cupcakes 10:24 How to make a fresh cherry topping for cheesecake 13:01 How to make Ricotta Cheesecake 13:37 How to drain fresh ricotta for cheesecake filling 14:52 How to flour a spring form pan

Oct 9, 2020

How to make Homemade Vanilla Glazed Doughnuts

New Orleans native Charlie Andrews demonstrates on how to make Homemade Vanilla Glazed Doughnuts. This recipe makes 12 or more doughnuts and it is soft, flavorful and delicious. Hope you all will give this recipe a try.

Nov 27, 2020

Martha Stewart Makes Puff Pastry 4 Ways | Martha Bakes Classic Episodes

Layers upon layers of butter and dough make up magnificently delicate puff pastry. Martha makes this precious French treasure something approachable and easy to tackle in any home kitchen. With a little elbow grease and some creativity, she shows the viewer how to make not only a variety of delightful sweet and savory goodies but how to master an iconic French pastry, the Napoleon. Thank you for watching Martha Bakes! Classic Martha is back, as Fridays at 10AM we present full and segmented original episodes of Martha Bakes, originally aired on PBS. 0:00 Introduction to Pastry 1:08 How to make Puff Pastry 4:18 How to fold Puff Pastry 5:53 How to make Cheese Straws 10:02 How to make Palmiers 11:58 How to make Napoleons 14:34 How to make Pithiviers 18:25 How to assemble Napoleons Full Recipes: Puff Pastry - http://www.marthastewart.com/349987/p... Napoleons with Black Raspberries - http://www.marthastewart.com/349988/n... Pithiviers - http://www.marthastewart.com/349965/p... Palmiers - http://www.marthastewart.com/339389/p...

I'm not so good with food recipes, but if you are having a big group this is a great party recipe.

Apple Pie:

1 gallon Spiced Apple Cider
1 gallon Apple Juice
1 1/2 cups granulated Sugar
1 1/2 cups Light Brown Sugar
8 whole cinnamon sticks
750 ml Apple Vodka

Combine the ingredients in a pot and boil. Let cool to room temperature.

When cool add Vodka.

You can serve as a punch in a large bowl, or put in smaller bottles. If you can use quart sized bottles with lids, shake vigorously and serve in a glass. It will taste like Apple Pie.

You can decant a portion for the kids or for the tea-totalers who don't want alcohol.

I'm not so good with food recipes, but if you are having a big group this is a great party recipe.

Apple Pie:

1 gallon Spiced Apple Cider
1 gallon Apple Juice
1 1/2 cups granulated Sugar
1 1/2 cups Light Brown Sugar
8 whole cinnamon sticks
750 ml Apple Vodka

Combine the ingredients in a pot and boil. Let cool to room temperature.

When cool add Vodka.

You can serve as a punch in a large bowl, or put in smaller bottles. If you can use quart sized bottles with lids, shake vigorously and serve in a glass. It will taste like Apple Pie.

You can decant a portion for the kids or for the tea-totalers who don't want alcohol.

Sounds like a party pleaser to me. 👍

Oct 12, 2019

The Best Barbecue In Austin | Best Of The Best

Austin is one of the best places in the country to get barbecue, especially if you’re looking for Central Texas-style. These are the best places to get brisket, ribs, and sausage from the most popular spots to the hidden gems. 1:20: Louie Mueller Barbecue 4:25: Micklethwait Craft Meats 7:35: Franklin Barbecue 10:14: LeRoy and Lewis Barbecue 13:25: The winner

Dec 28, 2015

The Perfect Coconut Cake

Ingredients: For the Coconut Cake: 6 Egg Whites, room temperature 1 cup Whole Milk, room temperature 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract 2 1/4 cups Cake Flour OR if you don’t have cake flour, for every cup of all-purpose flour, just replace 2 tablespoons of it with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. So add 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour to a large bowl and replace 4 1/2 tablespoons of it with cornstarch. This is what I do and it’s so easy!) 1 3/4 cups sugar 4 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder (Rumford brand or Whole Foods brand sell this) 1 teaspoon sea salt 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened 3 ounces unsweetened coconut flakesFor the Coconut Pastry Cream: ¾ cup Coconut Milk ¾ cup Whole Milk Seeds from ½ a Vanilla Bean 4 Egg Yolks ⅓ cup Sugar 3 tablespoons Cornstarch ¾ cup Heavy Cream For the Frosting: 1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract 3 ½ cups Powdered Sugar7 tablespoons Whole Milk ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt 3 ounces unsweetened flaked coconut Instructions: For the Coconut Cake: Heat oven to 350º F (176º C). Prepare two 8-inch (or 9-inch) cake pans by greasing them with butter (or vegetable oil), fitting parchment paper to the bottom of the pans, greasing the parchment paper, and lightly flouring the pans, getting rid of the excess flour. To medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites with the whole milk, and vanilla. Set aside. To a large mixing bowl, add 2 ¼ cups of the cake flour (or the homemade cake flour). Add the sugar, baking powder, and sea salt. Whisk together to combine. Cut the butter into pieces and add it into the mixture. Use a spatula to incorporate the butterbefore using a mixer to completely combine. Add half of the wet ingredients right into the dry ingredients and use an electric mixer to combine. Add the remaining wet ingredients and beat for another minute to incorporate. Use a spatula to fold in the coconut flakes. Pour batter evenly between the prepared cake pans and bake for 27-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Rest cakes for 10 minutes before removing them onto a cooling rack to completely cool. For the Coconut Pastry Cream: Add the coconut milk, the whole milk, and the vanilla seeds to a saucepan. and heat on the stove over low heat. Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, and cornstarch in a mixing bowl to form a paste. Use an electric mixer and little by little, whisk in the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan over medium heat, and whisk constantly, until thickened and boiling. Place plastic wrap up against the custard to keep a skin from forming and refrigerate until cool. Use an electric mixer and mix the custard and heavy cream in a bowl until smooth and airy. For the Frosting: Toast the coconut flakes by heating them in a pan over the stove on medium heat. Use a spatula to toss the coconut flakes so they don’t burn. Once they start getting golden, turn off heat and continue tossing for a minute. Put the flakes in a bowl and set aside until cake is ready to be topped with them. Use an electric mixer to combine all the frosting ingredients together. Once incorporated, mix for 2 more minutes to make it soft and whipped. Cut the cakes in half using a serrated knife to create four cake layers. Place one layer down, spread 1/3 of the pastry cream over the top, leaving about 1 inch of room from the edge so that the pastry cream doesn’t spill out when you add the remaining layers. Add the next layer and repeat the process until you add the last layer. Frost the cake with the vanilla frosting. Garnish with lightly toasted flaked coconut. Enjoy!

Apr 6, 2017

Grandma Barb's THE BOMB Carrot Cake Recipe

Moist, tender carrot cake made from scratch! I love my Grandma Barb’s carrot cake and she has been asking if I’d shared it with you guys yet. I low-key thinks she likes having the bragging rights of saying “yeah people all over the world make my recipes” lol This carrot cake will not disappoint! It’s an old fashioned, tried and true favorite. It’s crazy moist and fluffy from all that buttermilk, carrot pulp and brown sugar! The oil gives it such an amazing fluffiness! I hope you all enjoy this carrot cake as much as we do!

Aug 22, 2020

Barefoot Contessa's Fried Chicken Sandwiches | Food Network

Fried Chicken Sandwiches RECIPE COURTESY OF INA GARTEN Level: Intermediate Total: 8 hr 45 min (includes marinating time) Active: 45 min Yield: 6 servings Ingredients 2 cups buttermilk, shaken 1 shallot, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced crosswise 2 garlic cloves, smashed 1 jalapeno pepper (with seeds), halved lengthwise Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 3 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts (6 ounces each) 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 4 teaspoons baking powder 2 1/2 teaspoons smoked Spanish paprika 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon celery salt 2 (48-ounce) bottles canola oil 6 potato hamburger buns, toasted, for serving Buttermilk Herb Mayo, recipe follows, for serving 6 Bibb lettuce leaves6 Bibb lettuce leaves Kosher dill pickles, such as Claussen, thinly sliced, for serving Buttermilk Herb Mayo: 1 cup good mayonnaise, such as Hellmann's 2 tablespoons buttermilk, shaken 1 teaspoon good white wine vinegar 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper Directions In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, shallot, garlic, jalapeno, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of parchment paper and, with a rolling pin or a meat mallet, pound them until they are evenly 1/2 inch thick. Slice each piece of chicken in half crosswise so you have 2 pieces approximately the same size. Place the chicken in the marinade, making sure each piece is well coated, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to (but not more than) 24 hours. When ready to cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Set a wire rack on a sheet pan and place them in the oven.In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, celery salt, 1 tablespoon kosher salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper and set aside. Pour oil into a medium (9-inch round by 4 1/2-inch high) Dutch oven, such as Le Creuset, until it is 2 inches deep. Clip on a candy thermometer and heat the oil over high heat until it reaches 350 degrees F. Meanwhile, lift the chicken from the marinade, dredge it in the flour mixture, submerge it again in the marinade, then again in the flour mixture, lightly shaking off the excess. Transfer the chicken to a plate or sheet pan until ready to fry. When the oil is 350 degrees F, carefully lower 3 pieces only into the oil with tongs and adjust the heat to keep the oil at 350 degrees F. Don't crowd the chicken! Cook for 5 minutes, turning once to brown evenly. With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to the sheet pan in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Sprinkle all the chicken with salt and keep warm for up to 15 minutes, until ready to serve. To assemble, place the bottom of each bun on a plate, spread with some of the Buttermilk Herb Mayo, then a lettuce leaf, 4 pickle slices, then a piece of chicken. Spread the underside of the top bun generously with more of the mayo and place on top of the chicken, mayo side down. Serve while the chicken is still warm. Buttermilk Herb Mayo: Whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, scallions, parsley, chives, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use

Subscribe to our channel to fill up on the latest must-eat recipes, brilliant kitchen hacks and content from your favorite Food Network shows.

If anyone is interested in some fairly easy Asian meals, let me know , I have some really good recipes I make all the time
pick lamb, goat pork, chicken or vegetarian

Lets see them Sonya. Especially the ones that are easy to make.Or whatever you want to share.

here is one that is fairly easy to get the ingredients for ( but we have sheep and goats, so we have tons of meat in the freezer)

Mongolian lamb and rice pilaf with carrots
Basmati rice , wash it really well until water runs clear, cook with a little less water than normal ( about 2 cups of rice)
about 1.5 lb of ground lamb or goat, or stew meat lamb or goat
2 large chopped onions
5 carrots sliced into small strips ( kind of like in Chinese food)
1 entire head of garlic
cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, salt, pepper, regular curry powder
dried fruit of your choice ( I use a mix I get from Walmart that has dried cherries, raisins and cranberries in it, the original recipe had cloudberries which I have never found, but you can just use raisins if you want)

fry the meat in some peanut oil , or if the lamb has enough fat on it;s own in that. Add the spices ( about 1 tbsp of coriander and curry powder, 1 tsp cumin , 1\2 tsp turmeric, 1 tbsp curry powder , salt and pepper to taste
add the onions, carrots and garlic ( put whole cloves in it, peeled) , put a lid on the pan and let it cook until the carrots and garlic are soft, add about half a cup of the dried fruit for the last 10 minutes

add the cooked rice and mix well, let it sit for about 10 minutes, done !

We sell lamb and goat meat, so I give this recipe out to people sometimes

spicy Indian curry chicken
you need lots of spices for that: cumin , ground coriander, ground cayenne pepper, turmeric, garam masala powder ( Indian curry powder) , regular curry powder
onions, garlic, ground fresh ginger
can of tomatoes ( or fresh)
several serrano peppers or jalopenos

about 1.5 lbs of chicken cut up into hunks ( breast or boneless thighs )
marinate with 1 tsp cumin, 3 tbsp ground coriander, 1\2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp cayenne, salt, pepper for about an hour

1 chopped onion, 1 chopped tbsp garlic and ginger each, the chopped chilies

fry the onion mixture, until onions are a little soft
fry chicken in peanut oil and butter ( or ghee) , this needs quite a bit

put the onion mixture and tomatoes in the chicken, cover and cook until chicken is done ( maybe 20 minutes) , add some water if liquid cooks away

add 1 tbsp curry powder , 1 tsp garam marsala powder and cook a few more minutes, add 1 cup chopped cilantro and a little lemon juice

this goes with rice and a salad or some chutney

If you have a pressure cooker this gets done in about 10 minutes, oh and this works with goat and lamb stew meat really well also

One more for now, let me know if anyone tries any of these...

Filipino Pancit

cook a package of rice noodles ( it only takes like less than a minute or they get mushy!!) , rinse with cold water

marinate chicken or pork strips or chunks in some soy sauce, fresh ginger , garlic and fish sauce for at least an hour ( I don't measure this, I just put some of each in)

steam some vegetable of choice chopped for a few minutes ( or you can stir fry , but I don';t like using that much oil in this dish) , I use cut up carrots, celery, cabbage, green onion and if I have any bean sprouts

fry the chicken in a lot of peanut oil ( like a few tbsps)

fry 4 eggs , sort of like an omelette

mix everything in a large Wok or pan, whatver you have, add some more fish sauce, soy sauce ( and I add some spicy chili-garlic sauce, but that's not in the original version, we like spicy food)

It's a Filipino party recipe I got from someone

one more thing, if my recipe says use peanut oil, don't use canola or olive!! It will not work ( you need the oil really hot for this or it will not cook right)

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020

CHEESEBURGER SLIDERS (Hawaiian Roll Sliders Recipe)

CHEESEBURGER SLIDER INGREDIENTS: ►2 lb lean ground beef (90/10 or 93/7) ►1/2 Tbsp oil for the skillet, if needed ►1 tsp salt ►1 tsp black pepper ►1 tsp garlic powder ►1/2 yellow onion, finely diced ►1/4 cup mayo ►8 slices cheddar cheese ►6 oz shredded medium cheddar ►24 dinner rolls (packaged together like King’s Hawaiian brand) ►2 Tbsp butter, melted, plus more to grease the baking sheet ►1 Tbsp sesame seeds🖨 PRINT BEST SLIDERS RECIPE HERE: https://natashaskitchen.com/cheesebur... ⭐️TOOLS, USED IN THIS VIDEO (affiliate): ►Boxed Grater: https://amzn.to/2WSReJ4 ►8-Quart Stock Pot: https://amzn.to/2wF2L4c ►8” Bread Knife: https://amzn.to/2wHJ1wJ ►Baking Sheet (similar): https://amzn.to/2UnclSr ►Cookware Set: https://amzn.to/39lqGD7 ►Toasted Sesame Seeds: https://amzn.to/3aoIdLN ►Oven Mittens: https://amzn.to/2Z8HD0b ► Glass Mixing Bowls: https://amzn.to/2zdfloW ► Bamboo Cooking Utensil: https://amzn.to/2x6VxWy

Apr 14, 2019

Ina Garten Makes Perfect Chocolate Cake

Beatty's Chocolate Cake RECIPE COURTESY OF INA GARTEN Level: Intermediate Total: 1 hr 35 min Prep: 30 min Inactive: 30 min Cook: 35 min Yield: 8 servings Ingredients Butter, for greasing the pans 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pans 2 cups sugar 3/4 cups good cocoa powder 2 teaspoons baking soda 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon kosher salt 1 cup buttermilk, shaken 1/2 cup vegetable oil 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, recipe followsChocolate Frosting: 6 ounces good semisweet chocolate (recommended: Callebaut) 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature 1 extra-large egg yolk, at room temperature 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1 1/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder Directions Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter two 8-inch x 2-inch round cake pans. Line with parchment paper, then butter and flour the pans. Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on low speed until combined. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry. With mixer still on low, add the coffee and stir just to combine, scraping the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 30 minutes, then turn them out onto a cooling rack and cool completely. Place 1 layer, flat side up, on a flat plate or cake pedestal. With a knife or offset spatula, spread the top with frosting. Place the second layer on top, rounded side up, and spread the frosting evenly on the top and sides of the cake.Chocolate Frosting: Chop the chocolate and place it in a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir until just melted and set aside until cooled to room temperature. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium-high speed until light yellow and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and continue beating for 3 minutes. Turn the mixer to low, gradually add the confectioners' sugar, then beat at medium speed, scraping down the bowl as necessary, until smooth and creamy. Dissolve the coffee powder in 2 teaspoons of the hottest tap water. On low speed, add the chocolate and coffee to the butter mixture and mix until blended. Don't whip! Spread immediately on the cooled cake. Subscribe to our channel to fill up on the latest must-eat recipes, brilliant kitchen hacks and content from your favorite Food Network shows.

Here is storage food potatoes recipe that we're having tonight:
Make six servings of potato flakes, Then add to it: a cup of sour cream, or a can of crema with a tablespoon of vinegar, 2 cups of shredded cheddar - dehydrated powder ok, too. Stir that up. Put in a baking pan. Add some bacon bits or crumble some cooked bacon on top, and I cut up some green onion to put on top from my greenhouse. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

We're having fresh green beans and Panko Breaded Chicken with it. Panko crumbs and parmesan dry cheese on the chicken came from food storage. Chicken came from the backyard. Green beans were fresh from the next door neighbor and then frozen.

Here is storage food potatoes recipe that we're having tonight:
Make six servings of potato flakes, Then add to it: a cup of sour cream, or a can of crema with a tablespoon of vinegar, 2 cups of shredded cheddar - dehydrated powder ok, too. Stir that up. Put in a baking pan. Add some bacon bits or crumble some cooked bacon on top, and I cut up some green onion to put on top from my greenhouse. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

We're having fresh green beans and Panko Breaded Chicken with it. Panko crumbs and parmesan dry cheese on the chicken came from food storage. Chicken came from the backyard. Green beans were fresh from the next door neighbor and then frozen.

Sounds tasty to me. :)

Apr 2, 2019

Professional Baker's Best Lemon Cake Recipe!

Cake 2 ½ cups (325 g) cake & pastry flour 1 ½ cups (300 g) granulated sugar 1 Tbsp (9 g) baking powder ½ tsp (2.5 g) salt zest of 1 lemon ¾ cup (175 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature and cut into pieces 1 cup (250 mL) buttermilk ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh lemon juice 2 Tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil 4 large eggs, at room temperature 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract Lemon Coconut Filling 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar zest of 1 lemon ¼ cup (30 g) cornstarch 2 cups (100 g) sweetened flaked or shredded coconut 3 large egg yolks ½ cup (115 g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract ½ tsp (2 mL) coconut extract (optional)Sabayon Buttercream & Assembly 2 large egg yolks ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar zest of 1 lemon ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh lemon juice 2 cups (260 g) icing sugar, sifted 1 ½ cups (340 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature and cut into pieces 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract 1 ½ cups (150 g) sweetened flaked or shredded coconut Directions 1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Grease two 8-inch (20 cm) round cake pans. Line the bottoms with parchment paper and dust the sides of the pans with flour, tapping out any excess. 2. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl (if using electric beaters) or into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the lemon zest and stir in. Add the butter and cut in on medium-low speed until the flour is crumbly and no pieces of butter are visible, about 2 minutes.3. In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, lemon juice, oil, eggs and vanilla. Add this all at once to the flour and mix first on low speed until combined and then increase the speed to medium high and beat for 1 minute until lighter in colour. Divide the batter between the two pans and spread to level. Bake the cakes for about 30 minutes, until a tester inserted in the entre of a cake comes out clean. Cool the cakes for 30 minutes on a rack in their tins, then turn out to cool completely. 4. For the filling, measure the cream, sugar, lemon zest, cornstarch and coconut in a saucepan and whisk this together. Have the egg yolks in a small dish and have the butter in another dish on hand. Bring the cream mixture up to a full simmer over medium heat while whisking, about 5 minutes. Ladle a spoonful of the cream into the egg yolks while whisking and then add this back into the pot, and continue to cook for about 4 minutes while whisking, to cook the eggs. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the butter until melted. Whisk in the vanilla and coconut extract (if using) and transfer to a bowl to cool. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before using. 5. For the buttercream, whisk the egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest and juice in a metal bowl placed over a pot of gently simmering water, until the mixture has doubled in volume and holds a ribbon on the surface when the whisk is lifted. Remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in the icing sugar – this will cool the sabayon. Using electric beaters or in a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, whip the sabayon one minute to cool it further and then add the soft butter a few pieces at a time, until the buttercream is smooth. Whip in the vanilla. Use the buttercream at room temperature6. To assemble the cake, slice each cake layer in half horizontally. Place one cake layer onto a platter or cake stand. Spoon some of the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a large plain tip and pipe a ring around the outside edge of the cake. Spoon a third of the chilled coconut filling inside this ring, spreading evenly. Top this with another cake layer and repeat two more times. Cover the top and sides of the cake with the remaining buttercream and coat the entire cake with coconut. Chill the cake until ready to serve. The cake should be stored refrigerated, but it best enjoyed when it sits out an hour before slicing and serving.

Sep 28, 2019

Can This Chef Make A 3-Course Meal With A Campfire? • Tasty

“These are the kinds of unexpected things that happen when you’re camping”

Aug 17, 2018

How To Make Easy HOMEMADE PIE CRUST Recipe

Ingredients for Butter Pie Crust Dough Recipe: ►2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus more to dust, *measured correctly ►1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar ►1/2 tsp sea salt ►1/2 lb COLD unsalted butter (2 sticks) diced into 1/4" pieces ►6 Tbsp ice water (6 to 7 Tbsp)

Latest posts

Back