Recipes , "ideas anyone" ?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oct 23, 2020

The Best HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE I Ever Made

CHICKEN POT PIE INGREDIENTS: ►1 recipe homemade pie crust (2 disks) - https://youtu.be/SKDki3BPLzU ►4 cups cooked chicken, shredded ►6 Tbsp unsalted butter ►1/3 cup all-purpose flour ►1 medium yellow onion, (1 cup chopped) ►2 carrots, (1 cup) thinly sliced ►8 oz mushrooms, stems discarded, sliced ►3 garlic cloves, minced ►2 cups chicken stock ►1/2 cup heavy cream ►2 tsp salt, plush kosher salt to garnish ►1/4 tsp black pepper, plus more to garnish ►1 cup frozen peas (do not thaw) ►1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped, plus more to garnish ►1 egg, beaten for egg wash

Dec 7, 2018

Beef Lasagna Recipe | Easy Dinner | - Natasha's Kitchen

Ingredients for Italian Lasagna: ►1 lb ground beef (15-20% fat content) ►1 small onion finely diced ►2 large garlic cloves minced ►1/4 cup red wine (any kind), or beef broth ►1 Tbsp olive oil ►24 oz Marinara Sauce (3 cups) ►1/2 tsp sea salt ►1/4 tsp black pepper ground ►1/4 tsp dried thyme ►1/2 tsp granulated sugar ►2 Tbsp parsley finely chopped ►9 lasagna noodles cooked al dente Ingredients for Cheese Sauce: ►16 oz low-fat cottage cheese ►15 oz reduced-fat ricotta cheese ►1 large egg ►2 Tbsp parsley finely chopped, plus more to garnish ►4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded, divided

Feb 14, 2020

Homemade Bread for Beginners - Easy

Easy Homemade Bread for Beginners. Today at Deep South Texas we are making some terrific homemade sandwich bread. This recipe and technique comes from @Bake with Jack . The process is easy, and the results are terrific. If you are new to bread baking or want to give it a try, this is the recipe for you. Check out Jack's channel for tips on bread baking. See the ingredients below. 7 cups bread flour 3 cups water 2 Table spoons instant yeast (2 packages) 3 tea spoons salt 2 Table spoons oil Bake at 400 F for 40 minutes

This is a holiday version of the traditional Grasshopper.

We Wish You a Minty Christmas

Use equal parts, 2 ounces of each per drink of Dark Creme De Menthe and Dark Creme De Cocoa. Use two scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream per drink. Blend until smooth, and serve in a rocks glass or brandy snifter. Garnish with a Candy Cane. It will look something like this.

1608228145440.png

Tried these this morning, and they are good. 😊
Only this 1rst time, I used a baking pan, instead of iron skillet, still worked.
May try iron skillet next time.👍

2 INGREDIENT BISCUIT RECIPE TEST!

Let's try this "2 Ingredient" Biscuit recipe OUT!

Absolutely one of the best tasting biscuits I've had. No gresey after taste and not dry or too heavy. :thumbs: .He did use light layer of Crisco to grease pan,thats it. He used Nestles Media Cream,whatever type of thick creme that is.:dunno:.
Hubby is turning into a regular chef,lol.He took over my kitchen when he was enjured.
We had biscuits and gravy this am. Everyone always wanted me to make biscuits now they just say," will yall make some biscuits".

Apr 4, 2020

3 ingredient CHOCOLATE CAKE ! Lock Down Cake Recipe!

3 ingredient Lock Down Chocolate Cake Recipe ! SUBSCRIBE to my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/emmasgoo... 3 ingredient lock down Chocolate Cake ( use a 7 inch pan ): - 350 gr Chocolate Cookies ( 3 cups, measure the cookies once crushed into a fine powder ) - 370 gr Milk (1 1/2 cup) - 2 1/4 tsp Baking Powder *PLEASE READ* : The flavor of your cake will depend on what cookies you choose to use! For more Chocolate flavor you can add: - Nutella - Chocolate Chips - Additional Cocoa Powder 1 Minute Fudge Frosting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K825c...

Apr 4, 2020

3 ingredient CHOCOLATE CAKE ! Lock Down Cake Recipe!

3 ingredient Lock Down Chocolate Cake Recipe ! SUBSCRIBE to my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/emmasgoo... 3 ingredient lock down Chocolate Cake ( use a 7 inch pan ): - 350 gr Chocolate Cookies ( 3 cups, measure the cookies once crushed into a fine powder ) - 370 gr Milk (1 1/2 cup) - 2 1/4 tsp Baking Powder *PLEASE READ* : The flavor of your cake will depend on what cookies you choose to use! For more Chocolate flavor you can add: - Nutella - Chocolate Chips - Additional Cocoa Powder 1 Minute Fudge Frosting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K825c...

Don't want a cookie ingrediant cake,sorry hubby bad idea to me.
Now a easy cake with less is fine.

Nov 21, 2019

Melt In Your Mouth Glazed Donuts Recipe ( How to make the BEST Yeast Donuts ! ) Homemade Donuts

Fluffiest Homemade Donuts Recipe: - 280 gr of All Purpose Flour ( 2 cups + 3 tbsp flour) - 40 gr Sugar ( 3 tbsp) - 1/2 tsp Salt - 1/4 tsp Nutmeg - 1 egg - 120 gr Whole Milk ( 1/2 cup ) ( Every flour absorbs liquids differently, so you may need an extra 2-3 tbsp of milk) - 40 gr melted Butter ( 1/3 stick ) - 7 gr Dry Yeast ( 1 packet ) Glaze for Donuts : - 250 gr Powdered Sugar ( 2 cups) - 75 gr Butter ( 2/3 Stick ) - 3-5 tbsp Milk depending how thin you like your glaze - 1 tsp Vanilla TIP : Donuts are best freshly made. However if you'd like to make these ahead of time, once cooled store the donuts in a ziplock bag or an air-tight container and just before serving pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds. They'll be as delicious as when they’d just been made.

The 2 ingredient recipe lady spelled out what is in self-rising flour. Never have bought self-rising flour, as far as I know, good to know.
I've never made Texas sheet cake and that is probably one of the two best cakes I've ever had. My son's wedding cake is the other.
I am posting this link to recipe, but can't vouch for it. The Best Texas Sheet Cake

Patchouli,
Most cake recipes call for the use of self-rising flour.
I didn't see where any flour type was called out. Do you know if you can use regular flour or does it need to be self rising?

Jan 19, 2017

1-2-3-4 Cake - Jamie Deen's Favorite Coconut Cake - Blast from the Past

It gets its name from the ingedients: 1 cup of butter, 2 cups of sugar, 3 cups for flour and 4 eggs. Ingredients 2 sticks butter, at room temperature 2 cups granulated sugar 3 cups self-rising flour, sifted 4 eggs 1 cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Preparation Step 1 Preheat oven to 350°. Step 2 Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) cake pans. Using an electric mixer, cream butter until fluffy. Add sugar and continue to cream well for 6 to 8 minutes. Add eggs,1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Step 3 Add flour and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Add vanilla and continue to beat until just mixed. Divide batter equally among prepared pans. Level batter in each pan by holding pan 3 or 4 inches above counter, then dropping it flat onto counter. Do this several times to release air bubbles and assure you of a more level cake. Step 4 Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Cool in pans 5 to 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto cooling racks. Cool completely and spread cake layers with your favorite frosting to make a 3-layer cake.

One year ago.

How We Make Fried Salmon Patties, Best Old Fashioned Southern Cooks.

Hey yall!, it’s Tammy with Collard Valley Cooks! I am a southern girl born in raised in Collard Valley in Polk County Georgia. We went to church on Sunday, school during the week, the grocery store on Friday’s and that was our life. No vacations, no camping, just plain old southern country people NOW FOR THIS FAMILY RECIPE: Salmon Patties 14.75 OZ. CAN ALASKAN PINK SALMON 2 GREEN ONIONS MINCED 1 RAW EGG 1/2 TSP. SALT 1/4 TSP. PEPPER 1/2 CUP SELF-RISING FLOUR 1/8 CUP CORNMEAL OPTION: 1/2 TSP. CAYENNE PEPPER Open can of salmon and drain juice off. Put salmon in a large bowl. Take bones and skin out- discard. Now add remaining ingredients and mix well. SKILLET COOKING OILPut oil in skillet about 1/2” high. Oil must be HOT. Put a small amount of crust in oil and once it floats and sizzles Well, your grease is hot and ready! Turn oil on medium heat. Use 1/8 cup of batter for each patty. Place each clump of batter in the skillet and fry 3 minutes. Once you flip it take a fork or spatula and press patties well and fry 2 more minutes or until brown. Take out with tongs and place on a paper towel-covered platter/plate. Serve with two veggies. “Easy, affordable and quick supper.” Tammy

Dec 29, 2020

How to Boil Crawfish- New Orleans Style- Spicy Potatoes, Sausage, Corn, & Mushrooms.

Check out how to boil crawfish the new Orleans way. I teach you how to peel the crawfish too! Here I will give you step by step on how to make an authentic boil from Louisiana. I even give you my simple tricks to have each "fixin" to come out perfect. This can be substituted with any type of seafood you would like. Cooking time will differ for other types of seafood Ingredients: 15 lbs. Live Crawfish 3 lbs Dry Crawfish/crab Boil Seasoning 3 Lbs of Red Potatoes 1 Bunch of Celery 6 lemons 5 Onions 5 Garlic (whole) 5-7 Ears of Corn on the Cob 3 Lbs Pre Cooked Sausage 1/2 lb Mushrooms 32 quart Boiling Pot.

You do these? @Supervisor42

I used to frequently travel for work down to Shreveport, LA. I would always go across the river to Bossier City, and eat at Ralph & Kacoo's. They had their "Crawfish Special" dinner: half fried crawfish and half crawfish etouffee. It was so delicious! Man, I'm almost ready to fly down there again just to go to that restaurant. I wish we had food like that here in Denver.

My lunch recipe today is a smoothie I made:
In a blender....
Skyr Icelandic hi protein yogurt, frozen peaches, frozen pears, frozen strawberries, elderberry syrup, water.
All the fruit was local that I froze this summer

I love that yogurt too, do you get it at Aldi? And I make my smoothies with yogurt also but put mostly fresh bananas in them and a little peanut butter

Mr. Meer, LOL most of your recipes are total calorie bombs!!! Not on my diet:)

Here is something I made yesterday
sweet and sour pork chops
fry some pork chops, add some ginger , garlic , cut up red and green pepper, , some onion, cut up carrots, salt , pepper, sesame oil, chinese cooking wine, soy sauce and cook until meat and carrots are done, add some pineapple chunks

add sauce:
1\4 cup ketchup, tbsp sugar 1\4 cup vinegar, tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp corn starch, salt, pepper

goes with rice

I used to frequently travel for work down to Shreveport, LA. I would always go across the river to Bossier City, and eat at Ralph & Kacoo's. They had their "Crawfish Special" dinner: half fried crawfish and half crawfish etouffee. It was so delicious! Man, I'm almost ready to fly down there again just to go to that restaurant. I wish we had food like that here in Denver.

I've always heard cajun food is good, just never tried it, yet. :)

Mr. Meer, LOL most of your recipes are total calorie bombs!!! Not on my diet:)

Here is something I made yesterday
sweet and sour pork chops
fry some pork chops, add some ginger , garlic , cut up red and green pepper, , some onion, cut up carrots, salt , pepper, sesame oil, chinese cooking wine, soy sauce and cook until meat and carrots are done, add some pineapple chunks

add sauce:
1\4 cup ketchup, tbsp sugar 1\4 cup vinegar, tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp corn starch, salt, pepper

goes with rice

I know, but we do have a few of your recipe's on here. :) The one you just put up looks good. 😋

I am lloking for a good corn bread recipe. I have my neighbors who made their own corn meal at their farm, she has since passed away. But it is dry. Looking for as healthy as can be too

Here's one.

The Secret to Good Cornbread.

Even before we began our journey of corn, I knew in Appalachia, cornbread was the most common way folks today and in days gone by used corn in their daily diets.

Folks in Appalachia, and in the south in general, take their cornbread seriously. I’m sure you’ve heard the jokes about how cornbread isn’t supposed to be sweet and it isn’t supposed to be cut in squares. Growing up we either had cornbread or biscuits with our meals and most of the time it was cornbread.

Various recipes for cornbread are used throughout the country-even in my house. I make my cornbread one way and The Deer Hunter makes his a different way (that’s him showing off his cornbread in the photo above). I think the absolute must for making good cornbread-is the pan. It must be cast iron and it must be heated first to get the type of cornbread that is preferred throughout my area.

The Deer Hunter is one of those cooks who throws a little of this and a little of that in, cooks it all up and it’s always delicious. For his cornbread he coats a cast iron pan with vegetable oil, places it in the oven to heat, then mixes up cornmeal (we both prefer white and we use White Lily self-rising), a little flour, one egg, a little vegetable oil, a dash of sugar, and some milk. He sprinkles cornmeal on to the hot pan, pours the batter in, and bakes till done.
Even before we began our journey of corn, I knew in Appalachia, cornbread was the most common way folks today and in days gone by used corn in their daily diets.

Folks in Appalachia, and in the south in general, take their cornbread seriously. I’m sure you’ve heard the jokes about how cornbread isn’t supposed to be sweet and it isn’t supposed to be cut in squares. Growing up we either had cornbread or biscuits with our meals and most of the time it was cornbread.

Various recipes for cornbread are used throughout the country-even in my house. I make my cornbread one way and The Deer Hunter makes his a different way (that’s him showing off his cornbread in the photo above). I think the absolute must for making good cornbread-is the pan. It must be cast iron and it must be heated first to get the type of cornbread that is preferred throughout my area.

The Deer Hunter is one of those cooks who throws a little of this and a little of that in, cooks it all up and it’s always delicious. For his cornbread he coats a cast iron pan with vegetable oil, places it in the oven to heat, then mixes up cornmeal (we both prefer white and we use White Lily self-rising), a little flour, one egg, a little vegetable oil, a dash of sugar, and some milk. He sprinkles cornmeal on to the hot pan, pours the batter in, and bakes till done.
I’m one of those cooks who likes recipes:

Tipper’s Cornbread

• 2 cups self rising white cornmeal
  • 1 beaten egg
  • 1/4 cup veg. oil
  • 1 1/3 cup milk
  • shortening or lard
Before I even turn the oven on, I grease a cast iron pan liberally with shortening. If I happened to have some of Granny’s rendered lard I use that. I put the pan in the oven and set it to 475 °.

Put 2 cups of white self-rising cornmeal into a mixing bowl

Mix egg, oil, and milk together; then pour into bowl with cornmeal and mix thoroughly. If I’m low on milk I’ll use a small can of evaporated milk mixed with a half cup of water to make up part of the milk needed.

Once the oven has heated carefully take the hot pan out and pour the batter into it. The batter will instantly start to sizzle so be careful not to get burned. Put pan back in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until done.
Lots of folks love cornbread crumbled in a glass of milk. Probably my favorite way to eat cornbread is straight from the oven slathered in butter. Coming in a close second is crumbled cornbread with soup beans spooned on top.

Attachments

• 1616430114970.png
    1616430114970.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 10
@Mr Meer, i never heard of self rising cornmeal. I get ours straight from the mill.

Really, it's in all grocery stores though. I've made it both ways, just have to add baking powder so it rises. :)

You probably getting the best, getting it straight from mill. Seems most store bought is real powdery, almost like dust. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back