Recipes , "ideas anyone" ?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
POE'

Ingredients
How to make it
  • [1] .... puree bananas in blender or processor
  • should be 4 cups puree
  • [2]..... add brown sugar,cornstarch,vanilla mix well no lumps
  • adjust sugar to taste
  • [3] .....butter a 2 qt baking dish bake 30- 45 minutes or firm and bubbly
  • remove cool refrigerate till well chilled
  • [4] .......cut into cubes. put on serving bowl and put a dollop of coconut
  • cream sprinkle brown sugar and serve
  • [5]...... variations sub papaya, mango or pineapple
  • for some of the bananas.
  • just make sure there is 4 cups of puree
  • [6]...... try wrapping in banana leaves and baking on a fire or the grill pit

http://www.grouprecipes.com/68412/poe-from-tahiti.html#

POE'

Ingredients
How to make it
  • [1] .... puree bananas in blender or processor
  • should be 4 cups puree
  • [2]..... add brown sugar,cornstarch,vanilla mix well no lumps
  • adjust sugar to taste
  • [3] .....butter a 2 qt baking dish bake 30- 45 minutes or firm and bubbly
  • remove cool refrigerate till well chilled
  • [4] .......cut into cubes. put on serving bowl and put a dollop of coconut
  • cream sprinkle brown sugar and serve
  • [5]...... variations sub papaya, mango or pineapple
  • for some of the bananas.
  • just make sure there is 4 cups of puree
  • [6]...... try wrapping in banana leaves and baking on a fire or the grill pit

Poe From Tahiti Recipe
I have never heard of this! When I was going to school in Washington, DC, summers of 88 through 90, there were no tortillas or corn chips in any stores, but there were sure plenty of frozen banana leaves. Crazy to me!

I have never heard of this! When I was going to school in Washington, DC, summers of 88 through 90, there were no tortillas or corn chips in any stores, but there were sure plenty of frozen banana leaves. Crazy to me!

Use OVER RIPE nanners [bananas]

it is good, you will like it

Last edited:
I love nanner Bread.

Filipino Banana Lumpia

Ingredients
  • 8 square spring roll wrappers.....RICE paper Wrappers
  • 4 ripe bananas or plantains
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • Water for sealing wrappers
  • Vegetable oil

Steps
  1. Slice bananas into quarters, and roll the pieces in the brown sugar.
  2. Place 1-2 slices on one bottom corner of a wrapper, roll, fold, and seal. Repeat the process.
  3. Heat enough vegetable oil to fill a pan halfway. Fry the lumpia until golden brown on one side, flip and sprinkle a little brown sugar on top. Cook the other side until golden brown, flip and sprinkle the brown sugar on top again.
  4. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
  5. Serve alone or with ice cream.

I love nanner Bread.

Filipino Banana Lumpia

Ingredients
  • 8 square spring roll wrappers.....RICE paper Wrappers
  • 4 ripe bananas or plantains
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • Water for sealing wrappers
  • Vegetable oil

Steps
  1. Slice bananas into quarters, and roll the pieces in the brown sugar.
  2. Place 1-2 slices on one bottom corner of a wrapper, roll, fold, and seal. Repeat the process.
  3. Heat enough vegetable oil to fill a pan halfway. Fry the lumpia until golden brown on one side, flip and sprinkle a little brown sugar on top. Cook the other side until golden brown, flip and sprinkle the brown sugar on top again.
  4. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
  5. Serve alone or with ice cream.
Oh this just looks wonderful!!!! Thank you for sharing! I'll be trying this soon and will let you know how I did!

Secret to Juicy Italian Style Meatballs

The secret to the juiciest and tastiest meatballs you will taste. Meatballs are one of those foods that are either incredible or disappointing. There’s nothing worse than a tasteless dry meatball, sadly, that’s what a lot of restaurants seem to serve. ▶ Get this written recipe here http://www.recipe30.com/juicy-italian... For the best meatballs, it’s best that you talk to your butcher and get them to mince the meat you select on the spot. You want around 15 to 20 percent fat. Don’t buy ready made supermarket (ground) minced meat, you will be disappointed as they often use cheap meat cuts. The combination of beef and pork also make a perfect balance not only in taste but in texture. If your butcher sells pancetta, ask them to mince it for you, it will save you time and work later on. For the bread, brown bread work best as it holds more fiber, this helps keep in the juices. The grated mushrooms also help elevate the flavour and retain moisture. This is a very simple dish to make, as you basically mix all the ingredients together and voila! Once the meatballs have been browned, they are rested in a warm spot, on a warm plate which also helps them retain their juices. To de-glaze the pan, use a rich full bodied red wine that you would drink such as a Cabernet Sauvignon or Shiraz. If you can’t drink wine, then use a beef stock. Don’t overcook them in the marinara sauce as all their juices will seep into the sauce making the meatballs dryer. 30 seconds is the absolute maximum you want to heat them up.

A recent thing for me is Indian simmering sauces. There are several varieties and you can buy them in mild, medium and probably spicy hot. I have a couple varieties and have used Tikka Masala. They come in jars, like pizza and pasta sauces. The first one I used said to use some chicken breast meat, cut it into bite sized pieces, and saute it until it is evenly cooked and remove from the pan. Then chop some onion and red pepper into bite sized pieces and saute them until the onion is translucent. Put the chicken back into the pan and add the simmering sauce. Simmer for around 10 minutes (different jars have said different times). Serve with basmati rice and naan bread. It is an easy meal to cook and is so delicious.

CHILI/ WORLDS BEST HOME MADE BEEF CHILI RECIPE/CHERYLS HOME COOKING/EPISODE 596

Cheryl K

SUBSCRIBE
I try to make all my recipes simple, quick and easy to follow. Thanks again for watching! ENJOY! This is the way I was taught to make Chili...by adding the chocolate it gives this dish a nice rich flavor. My family enjoys eating Chili this way. Give this recipe a try, by all means add what you like into your Chili as well.ENJOY! 2 Lbs. of ground beef...Browned, 1 large onion, diced... sweat the onion in the ground beef.... Add 3 garlic gloves, diced.... add to the ground beef mixture.... 1-28oz. can of Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes&Green Chili... 1- Quart of my home made Tomato Sauce. 2 cups of beef broth.... 2 1/2 Tbs. Chili Powder.... 2Tbs. Cocoa Powder... 1 Tsp Sugar.... 2 Tsp. Paprika.... 2 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin... 1 Tsp. Salt...1 Tsp Pepper.... 2 cans 15.5 oz. of Chili Beans....( I drained them...) place all in crock pot on high for a couple of hours... (optional) About 10 Pepperoncini's /chopped.....just add to the cook pot mixture... Please hit the" LIKE BUTTON" www.facebook.com/cherylshomecooking and on www.facebook.com/organichydrogarden Also follow me on Twitter....www.twitter.com/HomecookinwithC Instagram....www.instagram/princess200847 Pinterest......www.pinterest.com/cherylshomecooking Thanks for all your support and for watching! You guys are the best! As always.......ENJOY!!!

SHOW MORE

Beef Lasagna Recipe | Easy Dinner | - Natasha's Kitchen

This EASY Lasagna recipe is beefy, saucy and supremely flavorful. Homemade lasagna is better than any restaurant version and it feeds a crowd at dinner for way less than going out to eat.

All these recipes need lots of ingredients that I fear won't be around much longer.
But they are delicious while they last.
Those donuts sure look good .
When I make a recipe, especially something with special spices and seasonings, those are the things that I stock up on. There are many things that can be done with beans and rice when it comes to seasonings and a few other things. And there are many varieties of beans to stock up on.

When I make a recipe, especially something with special spices and seasonings, those are the things that I stock up on. There are many things that can be done with beans and rice when it comes to seasonings and a few other things. And there are many varieties of beans to stock up on.

Weedy I was talking about us who didn'thave all those ingrediants or threw them away when they got so out of date. Many of those are no longer in our grocery stores down here, sadly.

Weedy I was talking about us who didn'thave all those ingrediants or threw them away when they got so out of date. Many of those are no longer in our grocery stores down here, sadly.
We are not finding everything we used to now. I looked and looked for pickling spice. Daughter told me she couldn't find it either, so bought all the ingredients to make her own mix. Not everything is solved that easily.

CAKE MIX ITALIAN CREAM CAKE

1597416616348.png

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 5 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup flaked coconut
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
  • 2 tablespoons light cream
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
  • Add all ingredients to list
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease three 9 inch round cake pans. In a small bowl, dissolve the baking soda in the buttermilk; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter, shortening and white sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, buttermilk mixture, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 cup coconut, baking powder and flour. Stir until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
  4. To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and confectioners’ sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Mix in a small amount of cream to attain the desired consistency. Stir in chopped nuts and remaining flaked coconut. Spread between layers and on top and sides of cooled cake.

How To Make Classic Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich

A Classic Philly Cheesesteak with tender ribeye steak, melted gooey provolone, and caramelized onions hugged by a toasted garlic butter hoagie roll. This is the classic way to make a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich!

Latest posts

Back