Recommendations for connecting multiple TVs to a single source.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INresponse

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have built my own house, and I am currently installing the drywall. I still have access to the walls where I know flat screens will hang. Electric outlets are already there. I really only watch DVDs or movies on various Roku channels. I would like to be able to have one main DVD player, or Roku box, in a central location and use that to feed several TV's so as I walk from room to room I can still enjoy whatever classic movie I am playing for the umpteenth time. I have very few new movies, and although there is a BluRay player there are very few BluRay discs and I still prefer to buy the DVD version simply because the movies are usually old and the price is much more reasonable.

I considered running CAT6 wire to each location, and I already have 500' and the connectors. I have recently looked into a HDMI wireless extender but I have no experience with any of this and was hoping someone is knowledgeable and can point me in the right direction.
A quick search found something like this might be what I want, but I just don't know if this will work or if there is something better. Also, I think this would be a stand alone system, without the need for an internet connection, which is what would prefer.

Thank you in advance.

You might want to do a search on "Plex multimedia home server" this might be what you are looking for.

Also there is Google Chrome cast, it allows your phone (possibly a computer) to your TV through a hdmi cable. If you can hook up a computer to the chrome cast, then you are laughing, you can make a plex server and put all your movies and videos on your computer and play it on any TV with a hdmi connection.

You might want to do a search on "Plex multimedia home server" this might be what you are looking for.
Thank you. I am searching this up now.
I don't think I want to use google. I would rather just keep it a local set up. But thanks for that suggestion, too.

EDIT: Well, poop. Plex is also an app. Not what I was hoping for.

Latest posts

Back