Recommendations for Warm Muck Boots

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankful_k

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Anyone have a recommendation for warm winter muck boots? I need:

Knee height
Rubber exterior
Insulated
Built like tank, ZERO water penetration
Can be directly hosed off
Safety toe not necessary

Thanks!
--K

Muck boots, rubber boots, went round and round with that one for a few years. I used to buy cheap ones at WM and TSC. They got so poor in quality they rarely lasted through the winter. I had cattle to feed, lots of poop and muck.

Finally I started buying through places like Cabela's. The boots are more expensive but my current pair are 3yrs old. Most of the online hunting supply stores seem to have better boots than those wm sells.

You can even get them insulated for warmth. Here in Bama I don't need insulated, usually pay $100-$120.

I use the Muck Arctic boots.

They are WARM. I can't wear them above about 45-50 degrees. When it is near that temp and my feet get too warm, I go stand in the creek where the water is cold.

Mine are more than 8 years old. At this age point, if you stand in water, some will get in. I just need to glue the rubber back to the neoprene.

Muck brand is the gold standard. There are lots of cheaper knock offs but I'm guessing you get what you pay for. The farm store near me sells Noble brand muck boots. They look OK and they're cheaper but I think if it was my money I'd get Muck brand.

Another option is the LaCrosse insulated overboots. My employers issues them to us at work. They're studded, 4 buckles, come up to the lower calf, they're heavy as hell, and totally waterproof. Lined with thick felt. You'll feel clumsy walking in them, but with your regular boots on and these over them you'll stay warm.

You can google "the best work boots in Canada" and find good work boots for yourself. I think many people here will share their experiences, and you need to find something you like. At least that's what I did when I needed Warm Muck Boots, so I suggest you do the same. If you need the contacts of the store where I buy work boots, I can share them with you in private chat. If you have questions, send me a PM, and we'll talk. Good luck. I hope my post helps a little.

I use the Muck Arctic boots.

They are WARM. I can't wear them above about 45-50 degrees. When it is near that temp and my feet get too warm, I go stand in the creek where the water is cold.

Mine are more than 8 years old. At this age point, if you stand in water, some will get in. I just need to glue the rubber back to the neoprene.
Hubs has those boots too. He wears those in the winter and the regualr ones in the summer.
https://www.muckbootcompany.com/mk-16-artc-pro-b/ACP998K.html

Do those boots fit over the legs of your insulated Carhatt winter bibs? Or, do you wear them underneath the overalls legs?
They fit pretty tight to the leg, so the bibs go over them. He loves them.

Dang it Cascadian! You just cost me some $$$.😬 I just found a pair for $40 after using the EXTRA20 discount code and free shipping. That's a great deal for Mucks. I already have a pair of tall boots, but these are mid calf which will be easier to just slide on and off for a quick trip to the mailbox. I might just have to get a pair of these for a Christmas gift for someone too. They have some decent sales right now and can get the 20% off on sale items thru June 30th with free shipping and free returns. 👍

I don't always wear my bibs. Jeans and the tall boots will get me through several inches of snow on moderate days (> 15 degrees).

Reactions: Neb
Back