• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Red dot?

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke
Neighbor
Replacing my Planet of the Apes Hipoint carbine with a AR9. Parts are ordered for the build except the red dot. This will be used for a pistol caliber 3-gun match with maximum range of 100 feet. No iron sites on this build. Tactical scope...red dot....?

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In 9mm I would go red dot over a scope. If you are not going to put on back up iron sights, I would recommend something with an etched reticle (prismatic). That way even with no power you still have an aiming reference. Probably the best version of what I am describing for the price is the Primary Arms ACSS Cyclops (1st pic). Otherwise any good red dot with a long battery life will do. I like most of the Sig red dots, as well as the Holosun. Sig is making a new red dot called the MSR which is supposed to be very rugged and low cost at $99 standard (2nd pic).

PAC1X-ACSS-CYCLOPS_04.jpg

canvas.png

ssonb

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have some older style cheaper RD sights and with them on a low recoil rifle "22lr" they have been great . Even with SS rounds you can still ring a 6" steel at 75 yards but the battery life is questionable.

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor
Primary Arms ain't a bad choice for the price point. I run one on my AR 15, no issues here.

Latest posts

Group Builder