Reference Prepping in "general" on this and other forums, what is your thoughts about other people's prepping, not you're prepping.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calm before the storm....I have almost no contact with people, about 99% less contact with people online than I did just a couple years ago. Maybe I have changed, or people have changed, but I have very little motivation anymore to talk to people about any subject. Everyone is so angry these days...and so few actually know what they are talking about....I find trying to argue with people....pointless....and 99% of interacts are just an argument anyway so I skip that stage and just don't interact with people.

Which does result in a much calmer feeling about things.

This does not mean I'm not busy.
In the last few days I:
Made a 40x70' terrace for a neighbor to build a new greenhouse.
Bought a truck bed trailer to use as the base to build an Hussite war wagon.
Went to a practice session for full contact stick fighting, (the one sport I actually practice)
Picked about 100lbs of vegtables from my greenhouse this afternoon, and which are getting canned as we speak
Gave all my vehicles oil changes.
The last couple hours I've been out in my shop hand forging a two gallon cook pot.
I've finally figured out the design of my house addition, complete with defensive trench network, connecting to my existing fighting trench and probably am going to start the earthworks for that tomorrow.

I may seem calm because I'm not arguing about any of this or asking questions....I'm just doing. Trying to convince people they should be doing the same just results in people telling me I'm doing it wrong, or shouldn't be doing it at all, or telling me how to vote, as if that mattered. Most people, even self labeled preppers are so mired in biases they won't even really consider what someone else is doing but will just start arguing against it before they even understand it.

I am plenty worried, but I have lost faith in other peoples ability to help me so I don't bother worrying 'socially'.
You seem like someone that's a member of the SCA. ;)

You seem like someone that's a member of the SCA. ;)

SCA? What's that? Never heard of it

hlGC6IC.jpg

Latest posts

Back