Reporter John Stossel gets smacked for asking David Schultz if wrestling is fake.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do know this is about 20-30 years old. ;)

Yes but I hadn't seen it. I put it in here off topic think it would be o k? If not maybe Mods can take it down. Bet Trump feels like David at times. lol

Last edited:
Yes but I hadn't seen it. I put it in here off topic think it would be o k? If not maybe Mods can take it down. Bet Trump feels like David at times. lol
It's perfectly fine being here just the way it is. I was just mentioning this has been around for a long time. ;)
If you're curious, there have been a few actors that went into the ring, also saying it's fake. They too got their asses handed to them.
That said, it's not wrestling, it's entertainment.

I was expecting a more standard wrestler's response. "You think it's fake? Get in the ring. We'll see if it is fake."

If I remember correct Stossel is conservative. He was pretty young then.

I think technically Stossel is a Libertarian, but much further right than left.

It's perfectly fine being here just the way it is. I was just mentioning this has been around for a long time. ;)
If you're curious, there have been a few actors that went into the ring, also saying it's fake. They too got their asses handed to them.
That said, it's not wrestling, it's entertainment.

I met quite a few of these wrestlers in Atlanta in person. Andre the Giant cussed me out. lol I was shocked how big he was and drinking to much and told him Man you a big sob , but I didn't mean it that way though just came out like that.:ghostly:

I met quite a few of these wrestlers in Atlanta in person. Andre the Giant cussed me out. lol I was shocked how big he was and drinking to much and told him Man you a big sob , but I didn't mean it that way though just came out like that.:ghostly:

I saw Andre the Giant in a hotel lobby eons ago. Biggest man I have ever seen before or since. I used to train in a gym with King Kong Brody. Not as big as Andre the Giant, but not anybody you would want to mess with.

I saw Andre the Giant in a hotel lobby eons ago. Biggest man I have ever seen before or since. I used to train in a gym with King Kong Brody. Not as big as Andre the Giant, but not anybody you would want to mess with.

Heard that. I seen him again in another bar couple weeks later and he looked like the school teacher and all of us looked like little kids compaired to him. This time I didn't say anything and we just looked at each other. :)

Met Wahoo Mcdaniel and shook his hand , he was nice and got into it with Rick Flare and bouncers broke us up.

You are a braver man than I. Fake of not I don't think I would want to tangle with them.

I think technically Stossel is a Libertarian, but much further right than left.
Stossel is sort of a libertarian. He's socially pretty liberal (pro choice, pro gay marriage, etc.) But he's financially pretty conservative and pro small government.

I remember when this was first aired on TV. It was during the 80s.
I was shocked that "rasslin'" was fake. Lol. I was just a dumb kid and didn't know any better...

You are a braver man than I. Fake of not I don't think I would want to tangle with them.

I didn't want to either. I was with a young Lady that Rick Flare had some problem with at I C Pips Wrestling bar. He kept screaming at her and we got into it till they brook us up. I was doing right thing I thought at the time I was 23 years old then. Still don't know what there problem was . I only dated her once and she didn't tell me what there problem was. :rolleyes:

Any of you remember Kane from just a few years ago?

He played football at UT. He is now Mayor of Knox County Tn. And doing a great job, very conservative, very plain spoken. One thing is has pushed really hard is to get kids interested. He takes a period most every week to go to a school, YMCA, Boy and Girls Club, etc and spend time reading and trying to teach reading to kids.

Any of you remember Kane from just a few years ago?

He played football at UT. He is now Mayor of Knox County Tn. And doing a great job, very conservative, very plain spoken. One thing is has pushed really hard is to get kids interested. He takes a period most every week to go to a school, YMCA, Boy and Girls Club, etc and spend time reading and trying to teach reading to kids.

Sounds like a good Man , Backpacker.👍

Any of y'all remember Johnny Weaver , Haystacks Cowhoun or That dirty Manager used a cane to pull the feet out from Johnny Weaver and them from outside ring so his guys could win? I think his name was Homroedale or something anyway my Father use to watch them and get so mad at him he would almost destroy the tv which only had two channels. lol

He would always swear if I ever get close enough to that Man I am gonna lay him out. Sure enough they came to Charleston S.C. and had a match with Johnny and Haystacks, He went with my Mother and one of my older brother's, and when Homroe reached in to grab Johnny's leg Daddy laid him out.

My brother said cops came over picked him up and told him son just stand over here everything is gonna be alright. They cuffed Daddy and off to jail he went smiling. When Homroe went down he scratched Daddy neck as he was falling.
Talking about this wrestling reminded me about it. 🙂

@Mr.Meer you come from a tough line! Meerkat never mentioned it.
John Stossel, I always enjoyed his news pieces. Do you think that was for real? Him getting slapped around?

Yes I think it was real. I use to listen to him too and John Anchor , I think is the other ones name , he use to expose wrong doings in religion , a real smart guy too. imo 🙂 Oh and Meerkat and I we got together after our parents had calmed down some with age , maybe that's why she didn't say much.:dunno:

Last edited:
Yes I think it was real. I use to listen to him too and John Anchor , I think is the other ones name , he use to expose wrong doings in religion , a real smart guy too. imo 🙂 Oh and Meerkat and I we got together after our parents had calmed down some with age , maybe that's why she didn't say much.:dunno:

Some people fight at ball games yours just fought at wresling matches,lol. Hard working tough men who pulled plows and ran deer.Took care of their kids and didn't ask anyone for anything.Proud but not perfect.

That can in his hand in the video is full size and the first thing I noticed when I met him how little that beer can looked.

RIP Andre.

Last edited:
Back