Reverse Phone Number Search.......look-up "Who" Dat'is...???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
So I have come to loath looking for this type info. on the internet. So is there a "free" way to find out where a phone number leads to.......??? Before I call. Because after I call they clearly know how to backtrack to my location. (asking for a friend)

Thanks.

Best advice is to use one of those throw away track phones to call. If it’s a number to a three letter agency and you order your track phone online or pay for it with a credit card, if they want to go through the effort, they will find you.

In Alaska we have a "Fairly" nice statewide (successful) thingy kind'a like "Craig's list" without all the skank of "craig'slist' B.S and super lowlife cons.

It is called......"Alaska's List".

It actually is a good way to sell or purchase things in Alaska. Soooo someone (maybe a business or maybe an individual or maybe a criminal enterprise) is looking to purchase ammo. They have posted offering prices for many different cartridge types and offering fair prices. I have what they are wanting, but would like to know who or what business I am calling first.

Because of how remote I have lived for decades, the phone utility does not send Phone Books. In the old day in Alaska inside the front of the white pages was a reverse listing for all "listed numbers". Sadly I don't have that available.

You can get a prepaid phone from Amazon Prime for $100, more or less depending on what you want. I know cell service is spotty where you live, but if one would work from your location a prepaid phone can do the trick.

Any pay phones anywhere near you? Do you have any trips in the near future that will put in a motel?

I have noticed a few times when my phone rings that it says "private number" on the face. Also could someone from the the lower 48 call that number and tell you who answered?

To receive calls you would almost have to rent a number like a business I would guess. This sounds quite expensive and elaborate but then when they call a number it forwards it to you. This would still be trackable to the higher ups but not average Joe. That's all I can think of though to receive a call unless like they said you had a phone booth you waited by.

To make calls to your average Joe (non emergency/government personal) it's as easy as first dialing "*67" followed by there phone number. Or if you have good internet you can use Skype which calls through the internet.

So I have come to loath looking for this type info. on the internet. So is there a "free" way to find out where a phone number leads to.......??? Before I call. Because after I call they clearly know how to backtrack to my location. (asking for a friend)

Thanks.

Sometimes you can just put the number in your search bar and it will come up. Not optimal and it doesn't happen as much as I would like.

Also 800notes.com will provide some info IF it's a spoof/spam call, again not always though because that is driven by people reporting the number.

Finding basic caller info on numbers is only available from a paid service, unless there is something I haven't found yet.

I used to pay $15 for a flip phone at AT&T plus however minutes I wanted. If I spent $100 the minutes were good for a year but if you wanted the phone to disappear then get the lowest plan and pull the chip when you were done with it.

In Alaska we have a "Fairly" nice statewide (successful) thingy kind'a like "Craig's list" without all the skank of "craig'slist' B.S and super lowlife cons.

It is called......"Alaska's List".

It actually is a good way to sell or purchase things in Alaska. Soooo someone (maybe a business or maybe an individual or maybe a criminal enterprise) is looking to purchase ammo. They have posted offering prices for many different cartridge types and offering fair prices. I have what they are wanting, but would like to know who or what business I am calling first.

Because of how remote I have lived for decades, the phone utility does not send Phone Books. In the old day in Alaska inside the front of the white pages was a reverse listing for all "listed numbers". Sadly I don't have that available.
Wait, you're selling ammo? o_O NO way would I sell ammo regardless of how much I had.

Even if there was a "good" reverse look-up (I have not found one in recent memory) the odds are pretty good it's a spoofed number anyway.
I've had people call me, telling me that someone just called from my number. But, I made no calls. They are spoofing legitimate phone numbers of innocent people.

One time I got a call at work from a guy with a strong Indian accent, calling on behalf of an Indian company to sell me something, but the caller ID listed the call as coming from Chicago, Illinois. So, I politely asked where he was calling from. He said, "California...I mean, Illinois." I laughed and hung up.

NO way would I sell ammo regardless of how much I had.

You never "truly" know what you "would" do, till you get to that spot where you have no other option.......but "that" you must choose. I assure you this is "not" my first choice.

It has been educational for me to slowly accept how many of my cherished possessions that have contributed to my feeling of safe secure lifestyle, have suddenly become things I trip and fall over, as I descend into total blindness from Macula Degeneration. One never knows what thrilling challenges God, has scheduled for them.

However as they say, one is never given challenges, without also being given options. I am most thankful the price of ammo and firearms is currently quite high.

Now I need to "Safely" turn this ammo into part of a ticket out of paradise.

Nature's lessons usually start with low impact consequences and grow continuously until they are learned.
Eventually you learn or die.

Latest posts

Back