Ridding the body of the radiation of X-rays

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie_nrs

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hubby needs to go in for some X-rays. Very few people think X-rays are anything to worry about, but I do. I have done a bit of research to find out how to rid the radiation of the body after the procedure. I found this article below helpful even though it's not dental x-rays that will be done. My plan is to push fruits, veges, and homemade dishes prior to and after the procedure. I also have gogi berries ordered and hope they come in soon to help with antioxident support. I plan to make spaghetti squash, broccoli salad, and fruit parafait for dessert on the evening after the x-rays. I will also supplement with tumeric, Vit C, and quecertin for a few days before and after the procedure. I'll also ask him to take a bath and I'll add epsom salt and baking soda to the bath water.

https://orawellness.com/protect-from-xray-damage-with-nutrition/
I'm wondeirng if there is anything else that he should do to rid the body of that radiation in a more efficient manner?

I get CT scans and X-rays relatively frequently. Probably 2 CT's and 4 X-rays per year.

On this site, they give you doses based on the procedure alongside the radiation you get from just living on this planet.
https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info/safety-xray
They say a chest X-ray is about the same dose of radiation you get from just being here on planet earth for 10 days.

Hubby needs to go in for some X-rays. Very few people think X-rays are anything to worry about, but I do. I have done a bit of research to find out how to rid the radiation of the body after the procedure. I found this article below helpful even though it's not dental x-rays that will be done. My plan is to push fruits, veges, and homemade dishes prior to and after the procedure. I also have gogi berries ordered and hope they come in soon to help with antioxident support. I plan to make spaghetti squash, broccoli salad, and fruit parafait for dessert on the evening after the x-rays. I will also supplement with tumeric, Vit C, and quecertin for a few days before and after the procedure. I'll also ask him to take a bath and I'll add epsom salt and baking soda to the bath water.

https://orawellness.com/protect-from-xray-damage-with-nutrition/
I'm wondeirng if there is anything else that he should do to rid the body of that radiation in a more efficient manner?
At least he isn't going in for a "Nuclear stress test". It is on a whole different level :mad:.
I used my chiropractor's X-Ray machine to test my radiation detectors.
I offered to pay him but he said: "bring them in after we close and we can beam them all you want".
He only had programs for different images and the one for "side view of entire spine of a 300lb woman" was the hottest.:thumbs:

At least he isn't going in for a "Nuclear stress test". It is on a whole different level :mad:.
Agreed. I'm thankful that it's not that! Wasn't it Chuck Norris' wife that had awful side effects from the contrast?

I had argued with my dentist for years regarding mouth x-rays. I told him I didn't want them unless I had an issue and he needed them for a diagnosis and not just routine images. He wouldn't let it go, so I left. I tried a different dentist and told him beforehand that I didn't want x-rays. He agreed to do my cleaning, but the first thing he wanted to do was to convince me to get x-rays when I just wanted routine cleanings and didn't have any issues. When I told him (again) I didn't want x-rays he said that it wasn't safe to not have x-rays. I left him too......haven't been to a dentist since. My teeth are fine.

Agreed. I'm thankful that it's not that! Wasn't it Chuck Norris' wife that had awful side effects from the contrast?

I had argued with my dentist for years regarding mouth x-rays. I told him I didn't want them unless I had an issue and he needed them for a diagnosis and not just routine images. He wouldn't let it go, so I left. I tried a different dentist and told him beforehand that I didn't want x-rays. He agreed to do my cleaning, but the first thing he wanted to do was to convince me to get x-rays when I just wanted routine cleanings and didn't have any issues. When I told him (again) I didn't want x-rays he said that it wasn't safe to not have x-rays. I left him too......haven't been to a dentist since. My teeth are fine.
For your hubby's X-Rays, I can share a little about my 'radiation adventure'.
Think about what you can do to bolster his immune system.
The radiation I got, shunted my immune system long enough that it lost it's grip on the chickenpox virus I had been carrying around dormant for decades, and in less than a week I had shingles :mad:.
Edit: Remember, I was playing in the 'big leagues' :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
I sometimes wonder how much radiation I’ve actually been exposed to. In the navy, my ‘work space’ had a 6ft long ‘traveling wave tube’ in it. The power source for an amazing target acquisition system, a type of very powerful radar. Directly through an aluminum wall from my work space was a storage locker for 20mm depleted uranium rounds. Several tons of depleted uranium just feet away. This is where I worked for 4 years.

My next job was servicing catscans. I can’t count the number of times I’ve been in the room during a scan wearing a lead apron. Sometimes late at night there were no patients. But the only way to test a system was to scan a human. So occasionally I’d set up the system, start a scan, then run in the room an jump on the patient table. Scanning myself so I could check the images.

I’m amazed I don’t glow in the dark... i will say that chronic fatigue and some of the other modern illnesses, when looking at the whole picture. They are similar to someone being poisoned, there are many similarities. I wonder about it often, what could i have been exposed to...

I am glad to see that you are researching how to mitigate any radiation exposure, as opposed to not doing the procedure in the first place.

All of these tests - radiation or otherwise - are to find a problem. And you have to look at them on the grander scale. Say for the sake of discussion, radiation from a test is expected to double your risk of cancer in ten years. But the condition they are trying to diagnose, or rule out, has a 50% chance of killing you within six months if left undiagnosed and untreated. And they say there's a 50/50 chance that you have this condition, and that a nuclear test can confirm or rule that out with a high probability.

You're going to get that test. At least I hope you would. If you have any mathematical or statistical sense. This is what a lot of people overlook or fail to understand. There is a risk if you do, and there is a risk if you don't. You can't look at one risk in isolation and ignore the other risk. And to make choices even worse, there's a risk that the information you have to base your decision on is incorrect. Is your risk of cancer indeed doubled? Or is it tripled? Or maybe not really increased at all? Pretty much that piece of data you're using is just someone's opinion. Similarly, is there really a 50/50 chance that you have this condition? Sounds like somebody's guess to me.

In the end, X-Rays are quite low doses of radiation. It's good to research and do what you can to lower the already low risk. But I think your husband will be fine no matter what. That's just my opinion, of course!

I was working on a radar jammer, transmitting into a dummy load so the radiation was not supposed to be emitting.
I was in a lead room lined with gold mesh.
The control tower called me and said close your door you are blooming our radar.
The door was closed but not dogged down tight.
I dogged the door and the tower said thank you.
No telling how much radiation I was getting.
Like @Peanut I serviced cat scanners. In the early days the CT could put out as much radiation as they wanted as long as they didn't allow a lot of scatter.
Basically if the X-ray tech wanted to use more x-ray than was really need it was ok.
Kids used to receive way more radiation than they really needed.
The laws have changed and now the amount of radiation is controlled.

Last edited:
Scan and see just about anything, especially with 3D imaging. adjust the display to the density of human skin and you have a perfect 3d rendering, grey scale of course. :oops:

Played a joke on a good friend who was known for practical jokes. he got a chest scan on one of my machines. I took him in the back to see his images. Except i'd already put his info on an old scan of a lady with breast implants. he looked at 3 or 4 images then... Hey!! I don't have T$%^! 🤣 He loved it! told all our friends about it! 🤣

Latest posts

Back