Riding Horses

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rode a lot as a kid. But nobody caught the horse or saddled it for us. We homeschooled our kids and our daughter who was getting riding lessons wanted a horse just like most little girls. The horse riding lady had a 30 year old buckskin quarter horse that was trained n used daily to do civil war calvary shows. So trained expertly. And became our daughters first horse. They were made for each other. And unlike most horses did not like going back to the barn. She wanted to go exploring n walking and would get ornery when she had to get stabled.
Next one was a cross between a Norwegian fjord n hafflinger. I had our daughter research horse for cold climate, smaller stature as she is smaller framed, good for mountains n good attitudes for being around kids. This little pony Gracy was perfect. I had to work remotely so she had to wrangle her n green break her daily. Clean hoofs, lunging n such. Didn't take Gracy long before she knew she could intimidate our daughter. So that didn't work but a great experience.
Then it went to goats, chickens n such.
And yes I miss horses but not the work. I liked the work though.

I took riding lessons when I was 17-18 years old. I ended up buying my school horse. I had her for about 18 years when she died. I would LOVE to have a horse again. I don’t think I can physically ride anymore but I’d like a mini horse as a pet.

I have not had a horse in 20 years.

If it doesn't have handlebars... I'm not going to ride it.
1630613565610.png
You're welcome 😂

Back