River GSS

Discussion in 'Long guns and Handguns' started by ssonb, Apr 7, 2019.

Help Support Homesteading Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. Apr 7, 2019 #1

ssonb

ssonb

ssonb

Awesome Friend Neighbor Contributor

I FINALLY have been able to sight in and shoot my Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle in 308. I mounted a Vortex crossfire scope on it .... On the plus side the V scope maintained its zero and was easy to adjust, but the crosshair is too coarse , the lens quality was off there was distortion in the outer area of the lenses and the eye box was too small. Now about the rifle.. I was a little nervous about a GSS after reading complaints on the just "so-so"accuracy from this model, not terrible but 3 of 4 inch groups. Well I was real pleased to see this rifle more than once put the bullets into the same hold despite my best efforts to the contrary!
    I shot four types of ammo thru this rifle WW 150 grain core loc, Georgia Arms 147 he fmj, Silver bear 140 gr8 soft point and Wolf 150 gr fmj. Every one fed and was extracted with no problems and I could not discern any accuracy difference betwix them considering the conditions under which we were shooting(more on that later).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  2. Apr 12, 2019 #2

ssonb

ssonb

ssonb

Awesome Friend Neighbor Contributor

I do believe that my autocorrect is sneakin in and changing my entries . I proof read everything more than once before I post and in the past month when I return to a thread there be changes!! IE....AT for AR. River for Ruger.

Caribou and mulescj8 like this.
  3. Apr 12, 2019 #3

Terri9630

Terri9630

Terri9630

Internet Princess Staff Member Moderator Neighbor Contributor

Mine does that too. Drives me crazy.

ssonb and Caribou like this.