Robert Kiyosaki's warning

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie_nrs

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I'm posting this in the preppers fourm because.....well, I think the reason is obvious. This is a warning about what the dollar is coming to. I think the majority of us on this forum already know what's on the horizon as far as the almighty dollar is concerned. Howeer, I think Robert sums it up rather nicely. I disagree with him on only one point and that is that we glorify those in charge at the Fed. I do not, nor can I ever remember doing so. Even when Greenspan was in charge, I loathed him, and have had pretty much the same feeling toward Bernake, Yellen, and whomever else was their mouthpiece pretending to be smarter than anyone else. The Fed is a sham and steals from the American people on a routine basis standing behind a podium dressed in lovely business attire, like we should give a crap what they say. They should all be hung! But, I digress.......

Make smart choices with your cash while you still can.

Honestly you should invest in God made elements. Not sure if that is even possible with all the shutting down that is happening over in the EU since they have basically shut down their production of smelting to make coins.

And yet I have failed to find some prudent place to park cash.
Credit union. If I got more than a grand a month, I'd have at least half mine in one, they are FDIC insured with most of the features of a bank. they just don't "invest" your money for you and charge you for the privilege of getting boned if their investment sucked.

Credit union. If I got more than a grand a month, I'd have at least half mine in one, they are FDIC insured with most of the features of a bank. they just don't "invest" your money for you and charge you for the privilege of getting boned if their investment sucked.
But your still in the financial game. Your still holding fake wealth.
You need to get into what you can use throughout the catastrophic "reset". And best if it is what you want to be holding on the other side.

Last edited:
Only if you truly believe the Government will save you. . . Even Credit Unions are vulnerable.

Only if you truly believe the Government will save you. . . Even Credit Unions are vulnerable.
Plus, if you are earning less than the inflation rate, you are losing rapidly.

So, if gas is up 50% and Food is up 24% you need a lot of interest just stay even.

Start small.
Buy good jewelry and get each portion of it appraised i.e. if it has diamonds, get the value of the diamonds separate from the gold or the pearls or the garnets. You can pry out stones if necessary.

Buy lots of desirable alcohol. And other barterable staples. Not really kidding at all. In Wisconsin, Brandy is king. So while we have a nice selection of alcohol, and Even though neither of us drinks brandy, we have more brandy than anything else.

I have two or more of the most good small appliances like instant pot or hot kettles or the new electric canners. I only need 1 at most so 1 can be bartered.

Good Seeds! Again not kidding. Thousands and thousands of seeds. Keep them in a deep freezer.

Tons of stuff like this can be put aside for when money is no good.

BUY desirable fertile land to re- Sell. Really.

Ok all of these are safer than banks.

Last edited:
But your still in the financial game. Your still holding fake wealth.
You need to get into what you can use throughout the catastrophic "reset". And best if it is what you want to be holding on the other side.
Ohhh. I understand the question now!
I'd invest in non perishable medical supplies
Heirloom seeds.
A quality liquor still.
Ammunition and reloading supplies including a brass and a bullet swage press.
A water distillery.
A methane generator.
Gasoline to methane conversion kits.
And a nice bomb shelter to store it in.
A medical herb garden.
Animal food.
A decently outfitted machine shop.

Plus, if you are earning less than the inflation rate, you are losing rapidly.

So, if gas is up 50% and Food is up 24% you need a lot of interest just stay even.
We are facing the same challenge as you.

The current situation looks too much like 1929 to me. Aside from Babe Ruth Joseph Kennedy people that were invested in the market lost big. The people that mage money from the crash were those that were in cash and invested at the bottom.

None of the above is investment advise but merely my view of the current conditions and history.

Ben

when we think of a dollar as a fed debt note that has no real value, its an IOU and can be taken, crashed, wiped out at any time the creators want, using it to buy real goods or items that retain or increase in value is smart. these days food is one of the smart things.

i recall reading several accounts of differetn nations whose paper money crashed to almost nothing---but the coins still held face value and everyone, especially store owners demanded coins to buy anything and didnt want paper.

dimes, nickles, quarters,half dollars and dollar coins. toss all loose coins in a jar, get some rolls from the bank.
here is silver content for US coins by date that used to be. getting harder to find but Always look at your coins

https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/coin-melt-values.aspx

I think I also mentioned in another thread that we are buying all new appliances to replace our 10+ year old well worn ones. We never buy top of the line, but LG or such. Getting them without many gadgets and even a clothes dryer that our solar sytem can run (as drying outside in Central WI in WINTER is nigh on impossible as we are not into frozen stiff clothes....) Also we have lots of clothesline for hanging in the basement if necessary.

3rd deep freeze (bringing us to 48 cu ft in vertical freezer space not counting the 4 cu ft in our kitchen refrigerator),
LG double oven push-in range and
new LG French door fridge arrive 12/16 God willing. Black Friday prices were excellent. By buying the less pretty LG fridge that still has an icemaker (inside) and now 20 cu ft (our current is 16 cu ft so huge increase by not having Ice and Water on the door) the savings were $1,700 and that paid for the new Freezer and all the protection plans for 5 years (we have used every single protection plan we have ever purchased and they cost less than the free repairs, so YES we buy them).

This is also a way of "using/saving" our $$ as if inflation continues or we have a crash in the markets, this $$ would be useless or gone.

Re the previous way of protecting our investments:
Plan to re-do driveway (800 ft =yikes!), put in better outdoor lighting, expand kitchen garden from the 7500 sq ft to at least another 1000 sq ft as we have the guys move our 30 blueberry bushes from the un-irrigated orchard (is that a word?) to the irrigated kitchen garden - both fenced but I want them closer and watered. We suffered for 3 years with partial drought and I want to be completely self sufficient.

We are aging and need to make these changes for both us and with the changes in supply chain and the world.

we can't purchase gold ..silver or etc...we bought food...
equipment...
stuff to help us be self sufficient....
only thing we ask is help from God to keep us able to keep up all..
Steel trash cans are your friends! So are you tube oxygen eaters and axle grease. :)

we can't purchase gold ..silver or etc...we bought food...
equipment...
stuff to help us be self sufficient....
only thing we ask is help from God to keep us able to keep up all..
I hope you bought seeds, non GMO, as in heirloom are preferred. You can harvest the seed and regrow. That is gold to replenish your food stocks. Something I stock up on is canning jars.

I hope you bought seeds, non GMO, as in heirloom are preferred. You can harvest the seed and regrow. That is gold to replenish your food stocks. Something I stock up on is canning jars.
we did get heirloom seed...we will be canning very little..although we have needed supplies...no good area for storage of such....most sun dried or frozen...thanks

Latest posts

Back