Russian Tea

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkhound

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23016/russian-tea/

2785664-9c5cc3d93f9441b98838581d56d01415.jpg

THANK YOU!!!!! I have not had Russian Tea in nearly 40 years and you just reminded me how much I miss it. Will be mixing up a batch next week for sure. My mom would always make it around Christmas. In Denmark, they have a drink that mixes that with a good Scotch that was awesome and it was a Christmas thing there too. Just happened to be in Copenhagen for work a week before Christmas and enjoyed seeing and tasting their holiday stuff (except for the Fermented Needlefish "delicacy" that they had for me to try).

I remember making and drinking this tea many decades ago. I hadn't even thought about it until now.
yes...i started drinking it when i was sick in early 70's. not sure where my mother came up with recipe from.

THANK YOU!!!!! I have not had Russian Tea in nearly 40 years and you just reminded me how much I miss it. Will be mixing up a batch next week for sure. My mom would always make it around Christmas. In Denmark, they have a drink that mixes that with a good Scotch that was awesome and it was a Christmas thing there too. Just happened to be in Copenhagen for work a week before Christmas and enjoyed seeing and tasting their holiday stuff (except for the Fermented Needlefish "delicacy" that they had for me to try).
i tell ya it helps with soar throat. i think we could add in a few things and make it even better. could be mental thing or just warm water..but who cares..it helps.

i can recall right now..but theres another drink from way back..i have to think a bit see if i can recall it.

those needlefish..arent they the ones its about like fermented vomit?

If you live in the arctic.......Hot tea, teaspoon of orange tang or orange Gatorade, and half teaspoon of butter, (shot of Tequila optional).

Latest posts

Back