S/O Do you have a hot tub?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S/O Do you have a hot tub?

• Yes, I do have a hot tub

• No, I do not have a hot tub

• No, but my therapist has a hot tub

• No, but I go to my neighbors' when they're not home

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have had two, one indoors and one outdoors. Expensive maintenance hogs. The outside one we have now is empty. Trying to convince my darling bride that we should bury it and use it as a pond/water feature. Hate em, hate em, hate em. Great for about two weeks TIL the novelty wears off. I would never buy one but two homes came with them. Don’t do it, don’t spend the money. As you might have guessed I am not @ fan

Nope, don’t own a tub of any kind. I installed a walk-in shower a few years ago. I do like a hot tub though. Once I installed a Catscan in Seattle. I hit the (outside) hot tub every night. I wore a ball cap a couple of nights when it snowed (winter). There was a strong earth quake while I was there. Not only did I have bubbles, I had wave action!:D

Nope, don’t own a tub of any kind. I installed a walk-in shower a few years ago. I do like a hot tub though. Once I installed a Catscan in Seattle. I hit the (outside) hot tub every night. I wore a ball cap a couple of nights when it snowed (winter). There was a strong earth quake while I was there. Not only did I have bubbles, I had wave action!:D
Please vote in the handy poll. We haven't had many and the early risers might like a poll before they get in their hot tubs, or while they're in their hot tubs, or while they are working out the kinks and tightness in their sore muscles before they start their busy day while it is still dark.
I'm happy for you that you had an earthquake while hot tubbing. I have hot tubbed in the woods, at the ocean, and under a deck. They were all nice and big. But I do not have a hot tub. I had freezing temps while under the deck. That was not ideal. The lights in the tub were nice.

Nope, no hot tub - but we're planning on getting one when we move.
Right now we just have a shower, no tub, and I miss a good soak with a good book (but we don't have that installment option right now). As Dear Hubby and I were evaluating our future location, we knew that we would be spending a lot of time doing heavy work outside. A good soak at the end of the day would feel good on our aging muscles, and it would be nice to enjoy that soak together.

We had a hot tub years ago.
It was used a lot at first then we just didn't use it much.
When we sold the house the buyers wanted us to remove it as part of the sale.
I told them no.
They bought anyway.
We don't even have a bathtub in our house now.
I never liked a bath tub.
We lived in a house that had only a tub.
For over 3 years I took my daily shower at the gym on base.
As we get older it will get more difficult to climb in and out so we just have 2 walk in showers.

We had one for a few years. 120 volt, so easy to install. Nearby lightning strike took out the controller, so that got replaced, then we used it till the seals in the pump went out and they wanted more for the new pump than for the original hot tub. Gave it away on freecycle to a guy looking for a bait tank :)

Now I go to the Y when I want a dip in a pool.

Had in ground pool for 15 years ...Neighbor had hot tub,

Maintenance cost was about the same.

I finally filled the pool and made a huge flower garden of it, after the kids got grown.:thumbs up:
shappy_clap_100-101.gif

Both are money pits.

No thank you.

Jim

I spend hours soaking in the tub. It helps the back flexibility and reduces pain.:great:
I have always liked hot tubs. The sign above mine says: "no suits allowed, towels optional":devil:
My wife asked who would wear a suit in a tub? I started to explain and realized that she wasn't talking about bathing suits... She's cute and from the south.:ballet:

I used to frequent the local Craigslist and daily there were many hot tubs that people wanted out of their homes or yards. Too much maintenance is required, but i do know there are companies that can and will service your hot tubs and pools. When you own property, you already have lots to do to maintain it, or you pay to have someone else keep it up for you. I do know that the chemicals to maintain hot tubs and swimming pools can add up. I used to think i wanted a hot tub, but that was before I ever used one. If I had one now, I would want it gone.

I have been in a few hot tubs and at some spas with several soaking options, but am not really a fan. I like a shower, but have never had a bath in my home, just showers.

A little off topic, but related: There are several hot springs in the mountains of Colorado that are commercialized. Someone used a hot spring and developed quite a pool and spa, along I-70 in Glenwood Springs, complete with lodging and restaurants. I have been there a few times, because the people I was with wanted to go. I would never decide to go myself, but will go with others who want to. I am just not a water person.

We have a small hot tub and it was worth every penny. We have a good insulated cover, and do not notice much of an increase in our electric bill from the tub, even in winter. Being older with a lot of orthopedic issues, that hot tub is heaven on my sore back and legs. It doesn't take a lot of maintenance, and we've not had a single issue with it since we bought it. We really enjoy it when it is cold out- there's something really fun about sitting outside in your bathing suit with snowflakes falling! I LOVE my hot tub!! :heart:

I used to have a hot tub I got 2nd hand. Yes ,there is a fair amount of maintenance, but I think it was worth it.
We used it 12 months a year and the kids loved it on a winters night when it was snowing out. Controller failed and a replacement was not feasible so I took the sawzall to it. I will get another when funds allow.

Remember the story about the therapist inviting her client/patient to her home for hot tub therapy?
Any updates on your hot tub situation? Anyone?
Or your neighbors' hot tub? Or your therapist?
You can change your vote, and you can have multiple votes.
I know, it's only Monday.
@Flight ? @JAC ? @Terri9630 ?

We haven't looked at our hot tub yet. To many other projects to do right now. We are heading back up the mountain next week to finish framing the closets in the second bedroom, finish hanging the drywall and start taping. Maybe well start building the wall of cabinets for the bathroom.

I use mine daily in the morning before anyone else gets up and in the afternoon/evening after a day of work. A long time ago I used to sneak into apartments hot tubs for fun. Other than that I've never had one. I do have a very large above ground pool...16x32. I use it a lot in the summer to cool off during my work day. Get too hot...into the pool for a few then back to work. I hate feeling sweaty. I swim laps too. I'm a water pup for sure. The pool is a lot more work to maintain than the hot tub by far. More chemicals too. Would I drop 4 grand on one? NO. As everything in my life if I want something nice I have to buy broken and fix it up! It's always been like that for me. Nice motorcycle? I built it. Nice hot rod? I bought a piece of crap and fixed it. Jet skis? Bought junk and rebuilt. My kid was raised on motorcycles and jet skis because I worked on them. All were temporary. Bought, fixed, rode for awhile then sold off.

Noticed my hot tub was leaking right after I got it running. Seemed to get worse over the last couple of months. Seemed like it was leaking in a couple of places. One was the older pump that i didn't replace. Figures right? I thought it was the pump seal but after looking closely at it realized the housing where the hoses connect was dripping when not running and squirting when running but not the seal. Opened it up and jb welded it. Heater housing dripping too. Had a crack on the back side. JB welded it too. All good now. I figure they let it sit empty with water in those two parts through a winter and it froze and expanded and cracked the two parts. If it is gonna sit make sure that you RUN the water out of it. Pull the plugs on the pumps. It won't happen when it is hooked up and running off and on. Water is too warm to freeze.

@Patchouli I don't see your hot tub stories here. WTH?
I have no hot tub stories to share with a family friendly forum, jk.
Wait. Ok. No, I do not have stories.
I did this poll MONTHS AGO when we were discussing the story about the therapist in the news who violated her female patient.
It just seemed like a good idea to put in a poll on hot tubs.
It is fun to be in one when it is snowing, but I don't like the getting out part and trying to dry off, walking, soaking wet to get inside.

I go to the local hot springs a lot. Water tends to run 106 to 108. Built back in the 1800s.

I need to go to several different hot springs in my lifetime.
Aren't they ever a rocky spring bubbling and all natural....or are most piped in to a bathhouse or piped in to an outside something thingy whatev?

Yes, I'm inexperienced in hot springs.

Back