• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Scumbags at Doomsday Preppers attempting to exploit COVID-19 Crisis

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I liked that show. I did not however realize it wasn't a comedy.

Scumbags at Doomsday Preppers attempting to exploit COVID-19 Crisis
March 26, 2020 Off Grid Survival OFFGRID Survival News, Police State 6

I just got an email from the dirtbags at SHARP Entertainment, the scumbags behind the series Doomsday Preppers – a show that our opinion purposely featured a number of mentally ill people in an attempt to make the entire prepper community look crazy.

Doomsday Preppers singlehandedly did more damage to preparedness than any other fake bologna survival show on T.V.

These people not only mocked preppers, but they made the general public see prepping as a crazy thing that only whackos do, thus helping to ensure millions of people were unprepared for this current crisis.
The show emailed us today asking for our help and wanted us to share stories to help them develop a new Doomsday Preppers telveision show on the COVID-19 Crisis.
We kindly sent an email back to the producers letting them know they can shove their invite up their ass. To be specific, my exact response was “Screw you people; you can print this email and shove it up your ass!”
We are not interested in exploiting this crisis, nor are we interested in being involved in a T.V. show that has done so much damage to the preparedness community.

No we will not be appearing on a show like this.

Rememember when Doomsday Preppers featured this dipsh*t who shot his thumb off?

Does anyone really believe they are interested in helping people be better prepared? These people helped convince the world that preparedness was a crazy tinfoil hat activity!
Over the years, I have been approached by dozens of Survival T.V. shows, asking me to either host the show or to appear on the show. I’ve been asked to do things like fake that I lived in some underground bunker out in the woods, to pretend I lived in a cabin in Alaska, I’ve been asked to exploit our readers, and I’ve been asked to appear on major shows that you would all recognize if I told you.
We are not interested in appearing on these bologna shows. We are also not interested in doing anything that harms people’s ability to help themselves and those they love.
I know this article is more of a rant than anything useful, but I just want the public to be aware that these shows have no real interest in helping people survive, and so-called reality survival shows are in no way actual reality.
We thank you for your readership, and we urge you to be mindful of who you trust during any crisis! And for anyone in the preparedness community, please be wary of these people!
As far as the COVID-19 crisis, while things may be bad, keep in mind the media is doing everything they can to profit off of fear. Never forget that the media did stuff like this during the crisis…

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Just curious if the article was signed by an individual or a generic signature from the magazine. I have always enjoyed the magazine, and have kept a few issues as reference material. IMHO they do a nice job,

As bad as the TV show was I was always looking for that diamond in the rough, or that nugget I had not thought of. You knew it was all BS, and all contrived for television. Once December 21, 2012 came and passed it was off the air.

I wonder if this crisis will have the same affect? Once it has passed will people learn anything, and remain prepared? Will they increase their preparedness, or go back to their old complacent ways? My gut feel tells me it will be the latter.

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Recoil and Off Grid, both quarterly publications, I believe are published by the same people. They are owned by Motor Trend if I am not mistaken.

Caribou

Time traveler
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Saw an interview of a guy that had been on Doomsday Preppers. He seemed a reasonable man. He said he knew they would portray him as a kook but the advertising he got for his prepping business was something he'd never be able to purchase.

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
"Reality TV" is about as real as a dancer's blouse bunnies in California. Did you know that the show American Pickers is basically fake? They have scouts go find the places, dig through and find things they want to buy, negotiate prices, fabricate history or stories of the people who live there, then bring in the stars of the show and have them magically find these items which they know all about and fake haggle over the prices on camera. Sometimes the producers even plant items at these houses specifically for the the cast to find. I am confident that much of Doomsday Preppers is mostly fake too.

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Yep. My wife and I used to watch that show House Hunters on HGTV. Then we found out that it was all fake. The people on the show already own the house they "choose" and the other two houses were just for show. There is also this show called CNN where really bad actors pretend to be outraged at thing that never happened. 😋

joel

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The fact he looked like a KOOK & got a lot of business is a little scary. I am glad he able to help people, maybe he can clear up some of the lie.

Supervisor42

Formerly known as Supervisor42
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
"Reality TV" is about as real as a dancer's blouse bunnies in California. Did you know that the show American Pickers is basically fake? They have scouts go find the places, dig through and find things they want to buy, negotiate prices, fabricate history or stories of the people who live there, then bring in the stars of the show and have them magically find these items which they know all about and fake haggle over the prices on camera. Sometimes the producers even plant items at these houses specifically for the the cast to find. I am confident that much of Doomsday Preppers is mostly fake too.
I still watch American Pickers because it may be fake, but it is NOT CNN . Anybody with half a brain knows that the camera crew is magically already set up in place when the stars get out of the truck and walk up to the guy to fake-shake his hand to greet him.
Even though I despise the fake haggling (like on Pawn Stars), it is cool to see old stuff I never thought I would ever see again.
...now back to "Dancing With The Stars"brutal55vp.gif

Last edited: