See My Christmas Tree,

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Show us your Christmas tree, I love to see them ,

This is the best tree we have had in many years,

Because , my wife and I are just too unhealthy and old to do a 8 ft extravaganza...so we decided to down size and , do something we haven't done since our babies were little,

Go out in the woods, and fence rows and get us a small , live tree.

Now , she says that this tree is so ugly, that its beautiful....she picked it , I cut it, and put it in a bucket of gravel,
She decorated it..

She says ..it's her Charlie Brown Christmas tree...
Hey, the family laughs at it, but they love it too.:)

tree.jpg
tree2.jpg

Jim

Last edited:

Because , my wife and I are just too unhealthy and old to do a 8 ft extravaganza...so we decided to down size and , do something we haven't done since our babies were little,

Now , she says that this tree is so ugly, that its beautiful....she picked it , I cut it, and put it in a bucket of gravel,
She decorated it..

View attachment 715

Jim
I haven't had my own go out in the woods and find the right tree in a long time.

christmas.jpg

bkt, I love the tree, but that is one Beautiful Fur Family member.
Thanks, Angie. That's Lucy, our very sweet and stupendously awesome Husky.

They are all beautiful! We don't have one.

Lovely trees!! I have to "zip tie" plastic ornaments to our tree to keep the cats from knocking them all off.
Yes, that's the "feline of Christmas" phenomenon most cat-owners experience. We have that issue, too, and have taken to wiring the tree into a corner to prevent them knocking the whole thing over. Again.

I fought this pre lit pos for 2 hours trying to get the lights to work before I gave up and strung lights on the middle area where the lights didn't work.

View attachment 865

We love our little FREE Charlie Brown tree..:heart:

Everybody loves it ...
its so ugly , it's cute.

Now I am already looking for one for next year...

What have I done....???

tree2.jpg

Jim

She decorated it..

View attachment 715View attachment 847

Jim

Yep That's a cool tree!

This is the first year I cut my own tree. We just bought an acre of land up in the mountains and if I plan things right it will supply me with a tree every year for the next several years. This is also to biggest tree we have had for christmas at 11 feet tall. The kids love it.
20171127_201251.jpg
20171202_185158.jpg

Nice tree but what's the deal with the rat on top of the book case?
That's a cardboard rat that was part of some Halloween decorations many years ago. Everything got cleaned up and thrown out but that one rat and my wife suggested we leave it up to see if anyone would notice. Our walls have axes, spears, swords and other unusual things on them which usually attracts people's attention; they miss the rat.

We never put our tree up until after my birthday. It will be going up Sat or Sun depending on how I feel.

My baby girl's Birthday is the 21st. We decorate the house for Christmas sans the basement family room. That is the NO CHRISTMAS birthday zone. That's where we celebrate her special day, ON her special day, so none of the pictures have Christmas decor in them. We have also made it abundantly clear that combination birthday/Christmas gifts are forbidden, as is using Christmas wrapping paper on birthday gifts or consuming of holiday treats. Want to see my wife go into aggressive Momma Bear mode, violate one of those expectations. I am pretty sure that the budget for her birthday gifts is a bit higher than the other kids too.

Happy Birthday @Terri9630!

Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday, dear Terri
Happy Birthday, to you!
And does your sis move out today?

Thanks Amish!! She packing up and has the keys. Lease is signed, but PNM couldn't get the power on until Monday.

Latest posts

Back