Self inficted haircut

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBQJoe

Void where prohibitied
Neighbor
I gave up paying for haircuts once I met my wife 23 years ago.
She's been doing a great job, but awhile back, I elected to get a Wahl clipper, and just do it myself, it's so much faster this way.
I usually put on the #4 attachment, maybe #3 in the summer.

Today, I set up in the backyard, to give myself a haircut, and trim my Santa beard back to a reasonable length.

As I made the first pass on my noggin, a huge wad of hair fell, and I, at that moment, realized that I forgot to put on an attachment. The wife and I had a pretty laugh, and she had to take a pic.
XuDQnSX.jpg

KNvr6Vh.gif

So I was forced to do my whole head. I feel like a chemo patient.
But I think it all worked out.
Thank goodness for hats. :D

7Nhufc6.jpg

Last edited:
I hope you're in the warm part of Arizona, it is Winter.

K uses a trimmer to keep his hair short and neat. He has said that if his hairline recedes he will start wearing it like Bruce Willis.

For some reason I'm attracted to barbers. I've been married 3 times, (the first one twice) and both are barbers. Course any barber would get hungry if he depended on me for revenue. I get three per year. May, July, and August.

Spend the money and get a good brand name pair of clippers with a steel guide. That's what I did... for the DOG and I'm using them more than the dog is. I've got Oster A5 2 speed clippers with a 1/8"??? and 1/4"??? blade and they cut my hair so fast it's not funny. I swear my wife cuts my hair faster than any beautician out there. A huge improvement from the cheap walmart "hair clippers" with all the stupid guides.

And here I thought that this was going to be somewhat like my waste wood incinerator accelerant adding incident in which my eyebrows and facial hair got "trimmed" (now that I think about it I may not have "bragged" about said event before

Spend the money and get a good brand name pair of clippers with a steel guide. That's what I did... for the DOG and I'm using them more than the dog is. I've got Oster A5 2 speed clippers with a 1/8"??? and 1/4"??? blade and they cut my hair so fast it's not funny. I swear my wife cuts my hair faster than any beautician out there. A huge improvement from the cheap walmart "hair clippers" with all the stupid guides.

I had two pro Osters, with all the different sizes when I was a dog groomer.
Lost them both in someone else's house fire. Never replaced them. They rocked.

Open flames will remove hair very quickly. Once upon a time, the company I worked for contracted a "Professional HVAC Company" to convert our boiler from a standing pilot (always on) to an intermittent ( ignites on demand) pilot light. Long story short, next day boiler is not working. I remove outer flame guard look at the pilot light thru viewing port. The pilot had been relocated and was not view-able from the viewing port. Now here is where I made the first mistake, I removed the inner flame guard. Now the complete burn box is open and I can see the pilot Light is not on. This is where mistake number 2, I reach in and adjust the contact point on the pilot light. We now have pilot light ignition and of course all the main burners ignite. Scratch off one mustache, both eyebrows and the tip of my nose now has a very nice and very painful blister. That cute wave of hair over my forehead was also gone. I should have turned off the main gas supply before remove flame guards. Remember the forest when inspecting the trees..

Latest posts

Back