Selling my bunker

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoomzoom

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I know someone here could use it. Over 16,000 sq/ft underground + 1500 sq/ft building above ground. Blast doors, 2 wells, sewer system, air filtration...

More pics at link.
http://wpn.mlsmatrix.com/Matrix/Public/Portal.aspx?ID=1385941444

GetMedia.ashx

Last edited:
I know someone here could use it. Over 16,000 sq/ft underground + 1500 sq/ft building above ground. Blast doors, 2 wells, sewer system, air filtration...

More pics at link.
http://wpn.mlsmatrix.com/Matrix/Public/Portal.aspx?ID=1385941444
GetMedia.ashx
It looks like the price has dropped since you last showed it. Have you had any interest in it?

What, if anything, would you do to update any of it?
What is the source of power?
What year was the basic structure built?
What was it originally used for?
How many people in the area are aware what is really there?

Yea, we dropped the price.

The only thing it probably really needs is better heating. The equipment that was in there when it was in use supplied the heating so there's not a lot of heaters.

Power is commercial electric + (2) 225KW turbine generators.

It was a communications bunker during the cold war. Built in 1970, shut down when cold war ended.

Not a lot of people in the area know about it.

Power is commercial electric + (2) 225KW turbine generators.

That means it is off grid? What fuel runs the generators? Are their fuel tanks onsite, or is it piped in?

Thank you for answering my numerous questions. It is not in an area I want to live, but I love the idea of it. I think many people, but not everyone, would like a bunker. Learning about the possibilities of how others have built them and what is involved is also my interest.

Fuel tanks for the generator have been shut-in-place. There was a pair of 35,000 gallon tanks to feed the generators but they're shut down.

Without the equipment that was in there for it's business days, a 30KW/3-phase is more than enough. There's one already onsite. It runs on a straight-6 Ford engine so it just sips fuel.

Each of those generators use 11 gallons of fuel per hour at no load. At full load, they go through 45 gallons/hour.
We've never fired them up as they also require 130v DC for starting them. I don't have 11 car batteries laying around.

At full load, they go through 45 gallons/hour. We've never fired them up as they also require 130v DC for starting them. I don't have 11 car batteries laying around.

I have worked on aircraft turbine engines for many years of my life. They do NOT like to "sit".

There may be a little more effort required to get them going than just adding batteries & fuel and hitting the "start" switch! ;):dunno:

Latest posts

Back