Severe storm moving in

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep suggesting a pipeline from flood prone areas to drought prone areas but all everyone says is "its not feasible and is to expensive". I bet it would be cheaper than repairing all the flood damage...
That would be great except the area down here is as flat as a pool-table for miles in every direction.
There is no "downhill" for a drainage pipe to go:(.

Or you could build a hill to live on... Stilts are attractive on a house and they give you a place to park the boat!;)
I would need a much larger wet vac and mine is one of the biggest retail models.

Or you could build a hill to live on... Stilts are attractive on a house and they give you a place to park the boat!;)
I would need a much larger wet vac and mine is one of the biggest retail models.

I lived in a house on stilts. The whole place vibrated when the washer went into the spin cycle.

So, you had a free vibrating bed, couch, toilet and dinner table. Truly fit for a princess, Your Majesty. ;)

If I built a home on stilts it would be at least as solid as the ground it was anchored to. (but then I'm told I over build everything)In all honesty I do tend to exceed any necessary codes, strength recommendations, and standard building procedures but those are just minimums anyway... :)

It was nasty around here Thursday. From Wed thru Friday we had between 5-8" of rain around the wider area. I'm sure there are areas that were hit harder than us.

We got some strong winds caused a neighbors building to fall in reallt bad, they were living in it so hope they didn't get hurt,did see gate was open today so somebody is going in and out. Around here you don't pull up in driveway unless they know you.
Didn't get much rain at all and needed what little we got.

Last edited:
It's been real nice here the last few days.guess it's time for a change thoe.60% to 80% chance of rain 3 or 4 days this coming week.

Latest posts

Back