Severe weather season

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm at the edge of the weather for tomorrow, in the level 1 risk category (5 being the highest risk). In the last month I've survived two major tornado outbreaks (37 tornadoes on the ground). Pulled 4 all nighters staying up watching the bad weather. I've had a 10 day break, hope tomorrow isn't too rough.

Last edited:
I'm at the edge of the of the weather for tomorrow, in the level 1 risk category (5 being the highest risk). In the last month I've survived two major tornado outbreaks (37 tornadoes on the ground). Pulled 4 all nighters staying up watching the bad weather. I've had a 10 day break, hope tomorrow isn't too rough.
Hope not!

Just an hour west of the Piney Woods of east Texas, we are getting light mist. I think we are a 3 on the severe weather chart I saw this morning.

I like Summer as well. My favorite season. We had snow here Tuesday, but the sun is shining now. Still a little cool. Temps in the 50's or 60's.

Husband always scared of weather. Pacing floor and looking out door. Thinks we will lose power, get hail, tornado or any other event. Pacing back and forth. He watches all weather on every local TV as well as emergency band on radio that is for north east TX. I fall asleep.

The rains got here about 1:30am. I sat up another hour or so. No severe weather, just rain.

The first event was over at 9am. The second phase has started, runs until 4pm.

Might have a random hail storm or straight line winds but the air doesn't feel right for tornadoes.

The southern half of the state is in the danger zone, fingers crossed no one gets hurt.

Bad weather to the south always brings Timmy to mind. Wish we'd hear from her...

Its finally time to turn off heat and turn on AC down here. We use fans alot and AC is usaully put on 85. Grankids use to laugh at us when candles pointed downward from their holders when we were younger.It was foolish to go work out in 100F and come into a 78F house.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back