Sewing help please...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbrianroll

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Soooo....I was sewing the mexican "baja" blanket for a seat cover...and....it does not want to feed well, goes and stops, etc...should have known it would be weird being such a loose weave but spaced it. Is there a backing tape or other trick I can put on to help it feed normally? Thanks!

If you are using a tape, try flipping your work over - some machines don't like loose on the bottom, some don't like it on the top (can't remember actually.) Can be a little more cumbersome, but can work.

Tear away interfacing.

I made a purse using this same type of blanket and different types of vinyl. I had to use the interfacing on the blanket and a leather needle in my machine. It helps if you use a machine rated for leather and heavy fabrics.

I use an old singer 66...beefed up motor and adjusted to sew through many layers of canvas and thin leather...I would like a better machine someday though. A walking foot would be nice. I have a shoe patcher hand crank I need to motorize..that may be worth a try.

I'm curious as to how this turned out.

For this job I'd get my Atlas out and drop the feed dogs. I might adjust tension and stitch length too.

Latest posts

Back